• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Squirrel

Started by Javi, February 07, 2010, 09:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss

Quote from: Forze on February 08, 2010, 01:08:33 PM
everyone who posted here but Boss, and apparently SilenusShar like Squirrel better
You're still missing my point (after 3 pages... jeez). I do not say that SQ is bad and does not deserve existance. I'm saying that it's not so much better than pawn for devs to abandond all the fixes/improvements and go add SQ support. If you want yo use SQ "here and now" - go use the "hacked" server.

looks like they are looking equal both Squirrel and Pawn
Some parts of native SQ syntax are better than those of pawn. Though haven't heard of SQ supporting filterscripts/plugins.

Please can now any developer post here about my suggestion? I think we've got the why already.
If you're still missing the whole point of the discussion, please ask straight away what do you want to hear from devs apart from everything I've already said. I will gladly add anything I've missed.

Quote from: SilenusShar on February 08, 2010, 01:08:40 PM
VC:MP is just a fanstsy for kids at the moment, and untill there are some more mature people about this will always be the case.
As a matter of fact, there are more mature people here than in SA-MP. At least from what I've seen.

Javi

I'm not going to use the "hacked" server in that way, since we've no official support to it.

So once you're deleting mIRC scripts from VC:MP, why don't you add the best ones? Squirrel and Pawn would do a very nice combination actually  :)

Boss

Quote from: Forze on February 08, 2010, 01:21:52 PM
So once you're deleting mIRC scripts from VC:MP, why don't you add the best ones? Squirrel and Pawn would do a very nice combination actually  :)
The addition of an official SQ support to VC-MP was never declined. Just not for the upcoming version.

Javi

Quote from: Boss on February 08, 2010, 01:24:09 PM
Quote from: Forze on February 08, 2010, 01:21:52 PM
The addition of an official SQ support to VC-MP was never declined. Just not for the upcoming version.
That's very nice to hear then, hope R3 / 0.4 use Squirrel  :)

Boss

Quote from: Forze on February 08, 2010, 01:25:26 PM
That's very nice to hear then, hope R3 / 0.4 use Squirrel  :)
*sigh*
r3/0.4 IS an upcoming version.

Javi

Quote from: Boss on February 08, 2010, 01:27:34 PM
Quote from: Forze on February 08, 2010, 01:25:26 PM
That's very nice to hear then, hope R3 / 0.4 use Squirrel  :)
*sigh*
r3/0.4 IS an upcoming version.
At least there's a chance of it releasing. Can I know of a reason to let me know why it's not coming with R3 / 0.4 ?

Boss

Quote from: Forze on February 08, 2010, 01:36:23 PM
At least there's a chance of it releasing. Can I know of a reason to let me know why it's not coming with R3 / 0.4 ?
Man, I'm already tired of repeating you all the same things. Developers are busy with other fixes/features at the moment, plus they want to release quicker.

But, of course, if you're willing to wait for another two years...

Obentinus

why is there a topic about a none VC:MP server here ?

why don't you get out of these forums if you want squirrel, and make a forum of your own, like VCO's

THIS IS FOR VC:MP, and no other mods, so f*ck off with your hacky, crapy, shite.

Boss

Quote from: Obentinus on February 08, 2010, 02:03:14 PM
why is there a topic about a none VC:MP server here ?

why don't you get out of these forums if you want squirrel, and make a forum of your own, like VCO's

THIS IS FOR VC:MP, and no other mods, so f*ck off with your hacky, crapy, shite.
This topic is not about any server, it is about officially adding Squirrel support in VC-MP.

SilenusShar

not to be pedantic /me points to the top of the forum

News: VC:MP 0.3z is released! http://vicecitymultiplayer.com

anyway, the squirrel lot need to put some evidence forward. code us some speed tests for us to compare with pawn.

you may be naive enough to do so but im not believing any rubbish without seeing evidence first.

[AoD]NC

Quotecode us some speed tests for us to compare with pawn.
And what will be the difference? 5 ms? Is that good enough to say that this or this is better?

Boss

Quote from: [AoD]NC on February 08, 2010, 04:25:59 PM
And what will be the difference? 5 ms? Is that good enough to say that this or this is better?
Exactly.

Weren't you supposed to be on Squirrel side btw? :p

[AoD]NC

Quote from: Boss on February 08, 2010, 04:35:43 PM
Exactly.

Weren't you supposed to be on Squirrel side btw? :p
I am but 5 ms is nothing for me :O.

SilenusShar

Yes, wont be much, but they claim its faster than pawn. but surely you would want proof of that..?

anyway, its not my decision.

Ettans

With the maximum player count being 50 in VC:MP, the speed-difference of Squirrel and PAWN don't matter. It'd only make a difference if the server had 100-200+ players.

To the players who say "PAWN is better", "Squirrel is better!": At least have some decency to post proof, benchmarks etc. Every computer language has its cons and pros, but comparing them is plain dumb. Every language outperforms another language in a certain area.