• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

how do you turn mICR on. Plz help

Started by [NoN]BOB, October 23, 2008, 03:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NoN]BOB

Hi

I'm trying to making a VC:MP server for the 1st time .I started my server by puting all my cars and skins were I want them. Now my server runs on my lan but without any commands. So I downloaded some scripts and stuff from Windlord's homepage to try and get some commands for my server. These instructions (bellow) came in a readme .txt file

"--< Instructions >--
  1. Extract folder to any directory.
  2. Open mIRC and connect to IRC://irc.gtanet.com
  3. Load the script, "WSV.mrc".
     (ie. If the script is in "C:\mIRC\WSV\WSV.mrc", type "//load -rs C:\mIRC\WSV\WSV.mrc")
  4. Answer the questions as they pop up.
  5. After the start-up procedure, you will be re-directed to your echo channel.
  6. Get scripting! And Enjoy!"

I didn't get far beacause I got stuck on number2. I couldn't find any file to open called mIRC and i tryed typing numerous things into VC:MP to open mICR. I presume I've got compleatly the wrong idea and there is no actuall folder.

Please could sum1 tell me how to open mICR so I can carry on with my server. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading my post, and sorry if my speeling is bad, and some of my questions are stupid im really new to scripting and consoles.

thijn

You need to download mIRC Here ;)
Then u can follow the Steps from the readme ;)

[NoN]BOB

Thank you verry much.

If I have any more questions/problems (I almost definatly will) I will post them here.

[NoN]BOB

Thanks again for your help

Now i have loaded the scripts with mIRC. It sais that I have loaded them, But there are no cmds on my server. In readme files ,for the scripts i downloaded, it said that Windlord had already added a few basic commands such as "buycar" but when i type !buycar on my server nothing happens.

I don't think my server and the scripts are connected at all, if this is the problem could you please tell me how to connect them

1ce again any help would be much appreciated,Thanks

thijn

one check, Open ur vcmp server (that "DOS" window) and check if a "RCON ADMIN" is connected, if so, Ur script is connected, if not, You did something wrong.

Maby wrong IP/Password/Port??

[NoN]BOB

Thanks

I figured that out just after i posted but then I couldn't get on to remove the post. I'll leave it there it may help another newbee server editor someday.

Now I inevitably have yet another problem. when I load up the scripts another window opens called "VRockers VC-MP mIRC Admin" then i fill in the server IP,Console port and my admin password. I do all that succesfully and i can type stuff into a little text box at the bottom of that window and it pops up ingame(My Server). I can also send PMs and do other things using this verry usefull program,Thank you to who ever made it, But there arn't any in game commands I cant even register or login to my server. I read somewere that I need to type "/setadmin" or
"!setadmin" in somewere

Thanks 1ce again for your irraplacable help Thijn

PS: I appologise for my awfull spelling

Force

Those script's don't actually have any commands, it's for you to build your own, go to the script show room and check out WSV 0.3 or FBS v0.2. They use the new DLL and are the best scripts's to use (And newest) as a starter to VC-MP scripting.