• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Problem with VRocker's new DLL and vehicles which are boats/ skimmers

Started by Force, September 27, 2008, 11:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Force

Hi,

I've had this problem for a while with VRocker's new DLL where it returns Unknown for the name of Skimmers and Boats...

Here is a screenshot:

Any ideas on how to fix this? I am using the latest version of the DLL (1.0.0.3), also, I think there may be a different entry number for the boats and skimmers because on every other vehicle, I get the message saying you entered a blah (Scripted it in) but not for the skimmer. Are there more entry methods other than 18 and 17?

Cheers,

Force

Tamas

Yeah when i get or spawn any vehicle the same problem happen with me too.
But if i type it again (second time) it will show the name.

I don't know why but this problem appear only the first time when i use this function. Maybe you can make a text or ini file for all models's names.

Punjabi

I Think only VRocker can help u bith in this problem but he is away i think.. :-\

GOD BLESS ALL..<<Founder of PUN Clan.....Born to fight and Kill..>>

VRocker

This problem occurs due to the way the dll gets vehicle information. Due to the way the vcmp rcon protocol is, no information about vehicles gets sent until somebody enters a vehicle.
A way around this is to use the same method as the WSV, which reads a copy of the config.ini, parses it and aadds the information into the internal pools.

This should fix the problems with vehicle IDs. since doing //echo -a $vcmp.vehiclenamemodel( 190 ) returns skimmer.

Windlord

Funny thing is though...

Some of the dll aliases work with //echo -a

But they do not work inside scripts.

An example would be $vcmp.name($1,$2) where $2 is the id.
and of course the $vcmp.vehiclenamemodel

Force

Quote from: VRocker on September 28, 2008, 11:19:29 PM
A way around this is to use the same method as the WSV, which reads a copy of the config.ini, parses it and aadds the information into the internal pools.

The thing is, I have done that and it works fine for EVERY vehicle apart from those that are to do with the sea....