• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

New unofficial server browser *Works On Vista/7*

Started by VRocker, August 11, 2009, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VRocker

Been working on this for quite some time but only recently got around to getting it to a usable state. Like most of you i kept getting annoyed at the 'unhandled exception' spam on Vista/7 when closing the server browser, so i decided to write my own.

The browser is written in Managed C++ so is compatible with any system with the .net framework. Its currently Work In Progress so some things don't work, but i will get around to sorting them out another time.

It has been designed to look similar to the official server browser so you should recognise it.

You can download the browser Here (or if your really cool, the 64bit version Here)

It requires the .net framework 3.5 so if you dont have that, grab it Here or run a windows update.

Any bugs/suggestions, post them here :)

Pluisje

insane work vrocker ure the best man. issues all gone this is what whe need. a professional coder.

Don

You'll be forever, a pielover.

[AoD]NC

O yeah, finally a new version of VR's browser :).

Great! Now all servers :P. Not only the first 5-6.

adamale

nim

3 bugs so far

1 - Browser loads incredibly slow on a dual core pc (fresh install) (not a big issue)

2 - Favorites error on first load (not a big issue)

3 - Unhandled exception - causes the browser to close (file does exist and path works for the official browser)

VRocker

Hmm the browser loads extremely fast for me and some other people so i dont know why it would be slow for you.

The favourites error is intentional, just tells you that theres no favourites file and it is creating one for you, it can be ignored.

Puzzled about the 3rd problem though, does that occur when you try to start the game?

[AoD]NC

Btw there is still the delete from favs bug. Add some servers to fav and try do delete one using X.

Ah and a protection before join [like this info box after double click on a server] would be nice IMO :)

VRocker

Hmm what delete from favs bug? i can delete fine :/

Also i am planning to add a box like VCMPs original one, just cant be bothered atm :P
I need to add that box due to the bug where you cant join any passworded servers, since theres nowhere to enter the pass :P

Sephiroth

Another addition to the long list of top-notch work from you VRocker, nice job on this.

[AoD]NC

Amm, this bug was in the earlier version of your browser and also on this but only 1 time. I cant do this bug now dunno why :@.

Only wondering why in the title there is the VCMP website if its not created by VCMP team :D [laugh].

Aaron

thanks i wanted a browser that doesnt crash on vista

VRocker

Just did a small update on this.

After installing windows 7 and not being bothered about UAC, i noticed this has issues with UAC enabled. The problem is down to the favourites file being in the GTAVC dir.

The favourites file has now been relocated to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\VCMP (Or C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\VCMP if your on XP)

I also found an issue where the nickname wasn't being saved, so i've fixed that too.

Download in the normal place.

Javi

Great work! I thank it a lot  :D

A little bug I found:

There are a few servers, players... But it says here are no players, servers or slots.
Hope I have helped  :P

VRocker

Yeh i forgot to hook the status bar up with real information. I might get around to doing it one day :P