• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

New Server? Awsome! Second Day: I quit!

Started by Heckstorm, July 29, 2008, 11:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heckstorm

Yesterday, I was exited about making a new server. It went all well by downloading. Today, I'm so furious, that I gave up making the new server! Here's the reasons:
1. When I add a pickup, it dosn't appear at the server.
2. When I add a vehicle, it dosn't appear at the server.
3. When I add skins, it dosn't appear at the server.
4. When I change a skin loacation, it dosn't change.
5. When I change some stuff (weapons, ammo, etc.) and then put them back to normal weapons and ammo, I get also an unhandled exception!
6. erm
7. That's it, really.

It always happened the same and I always got unhandled exception! I don't know how am I ever gonna get this right.

Force

Make sure you update your config.ini with the new stuff and restart teh server D:

Heckstorm

AHA! RESTART THE SERVER!
I only managed to change the weapon and their ammo. But nothing works with pickups, cars and co-ordinating! And how do I restart my server.

Force

Hmm, Restart the server, hard one that :P

How about you try closing it and then reopening it?

Heckstorm

THAT'S IT!

What I figured out:

• How to put vehicle ids
  • How to put Pickup ids
  • How to add skins
What I didn't figure out:

• How to change the area of where you go left and right with the skins
What I'm having EXTREAM difficulty:

• Putting scripts in the server
  • Putting the server in public

Can anyone solve the ones I couldn't figure out and having diffuculty with, please?

Heckstorm

Thanks for the URL, but it only says about putting vehicles, changing weather, changing ammo store...etc.
All these I know how to change. What I need to know is how to put scripts and how to put the server in public.

Chezor

Heckstorm..
to put server in public.. run announce.exe along with vcmp.svr
goto www.whatsmyip.org and add that ip to ur fav list. If it shows ur server. Then ur server is seen by public but not by u in internet tab. but if it says retrieving info. then u need to port forward..

change weather .. its a script.. i will post a rough script here.. you can modify it according to ur ideas..
if ($2 == !setweather) {
if ($3 == $null) vcmp.msg %id Please include weather id
else {
vcmp.setweather $3
}
}

Scripts: Fuel system in vehicles, Speedometer, Spawnback, Improved Copwork, Improved Jailing, Improved phone with sms, and many more. Coming soon..

ReVilo

Changing weather isn't only by script :-\
Plus that script  wouldn't work, as you didn't post any aliases.
Setweather is a vcmp command, and also an Rcon command, which is used in scripts.

Chezor

Quote from: ReVilo on September 10, 2008, 11:29:31 PM
Changing weather isn't only by script :-\
Plus that script  wouldn't work, as you didn't post any aliases.
Setweather is a vcmp command, and also an Rcon command, which is used in scripts.
Im not a fool, I wont give full script. I want heckstorm to learn scripting, and i dont want him to learn copying things only..
If he downloads some scripts from showroom, he can use his brains and think how that script given by me will work. So he should find the alias on his own.. so that he will learn scripting.. As theres no tutorial for proper vcmp scripting... every new scripter have to learn on his own, and ask for tips here.. Just as im doing..

Scripts: Fuel system in vehicles, Speedometer, Spawnback, Improved Copwork, Improved Jailing, Improved phone with sms, and many more. Coming soon..

Youpi!

Stop speaking like a robot xP
and post an example of the config file you are working on to see it closely
of curse without the admin password part and trhose stuff

Chezor

Quote from: Youpi! on September 12, 2008, 07:22:32 PM
Stop speaking like a robot xP
and post an example of the config file you are working on to see it closely
of curse without the admin password part and trhose stuff

Sorry youpi but really, learn English.. that is like beginner English..
and im not speaking like a robot. Its my normal speech.

However i get what you mean, but whatever you say is totally meaningless..
You want me to give my script without admin password part and stuff ? .. forget it..
If u know scripting then you can understand whatever code i gave..

Well anyways.. take it.. i know some guys only want readymade things..

alias vcmp.setweather dll rcondll.dll RconCommand setweather $1-

if ($2 == !setweather) {
if ($3 == $null) vcmp.msg %id Error - Missing Weather ID, $2 [Weather]
else {
vcmp.setweather $3
vcmp.say Weather changed to  Weather ID: $+($chr(91),$3,$chr(93)) by Admin: $vcmp.name(%id)
}
}

Heckstorm

HOLD IT!!!!!!!!!
I just got a GUS (General Used Scripts) on my server. NOW, the real problem stays on putting the server on the internet. The announce.exe dosn't really work. Double click, wait a few seconds, nothing happens. BUT, I still managed to get my server on favorites.

I'm checking the What's My Ip URL....
Still checking.....
Still checking....
I'll reply later xD

Heckstorm

'Port forward' 'Port forward' 'Port forward'
That's what you're saying, and I'm just like  ???
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Can anyone please help?

FredMoon

Port forward means you have to open up a port inside your modem.

Example: VC:MP server uses port 7070, but you don't have that opened in your modem, that way you won't be able to establish a solid connection with VC:MP, and that's why you need to open it. Look for tutorials on the web for Port Fowarding and you should be fine.

And by the way, what's your internet connection type?