• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

help, getting error message when i close

Started by marko890, December 31, 2009, 01:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marko890

i can play online fine but when i come to close VC - MP I get an error message (X0000000000000000) or some crazy shit, i get a never ending amount of error messages and i have to restart my comp by pressing the power button......not good if anyone knows whats causing this please get in touch thanks

Marko

Skirmant

So you get this message when you close the VCMP server browser?
I know advance mIRC, average C++, basic Pawn & Squirrel, very basic Java Script.

Force

In that case, you must have Vista/7. Therefore if you want that to stop happening then you can try this made by VRocker.

Alternatively you can run it in Windows 98/ME compatibility mode, whatever you prefer.

venkatreading

Quote from: marko890 on December 31, 2009, 01:38:01 PM
i can play online fine but when i come to close VC - MP I get an error message (X0000000000000000) or some crazy shit, i get a never ending amount of error messages and i have to restart my comp by pressing the power button......not good if anyone knows whats causing this please get in touch thanks

Marko
aah common , what will happen if you get a error when you close ?atleast it doesn't bother you while playing .

gta5

I get the same thing on my vista but I also put in in compatibility mode for 98/ME. It still happens occasionaly so maybe you would be better off getting vrockers browser. But what I do when I get that error is ctrl+alt+DEl and just end the process on the applications tab (vc-mp.exe)

aXXo

Just keep your "Enter" key pressed when those messages appear.
They will dissappear.

[HLF]Southclaw

I got this on SA-MP 0.2.2, all you have to do is Ctrl+Shift+Esc to get task manager [or any other method you know] then just close vc-mp.exe instead of hitting the [X] at the top right

:D hope it works

Sephiroth

If you're on windows vista or 7, you must either use VRocker's alternative server browser, or run vc-mp.exe in compatibility mode for windows 95/98

alternative browser: click here

just as Force said above..

bonami2

Quote from: [HLF]Southclaw on January 01, 2010, 11:27:05 PM
I got this on SA-MP 0.2.2, all you have to do is Ctrl+Shift+Esc to get task manager [or any other method you know] then just close vc-mp.exe instead of hitting the [X] at the top right

IS THAT

Sephiroth

Quote from: bonami2 on January 30, 2010, 03:15:23 AM
Quote from: [HLF]Southclaw on January 01, 2010, 11:27:05 PM

IS THAT

I don't understand you.. why would you want to do such a thing every time you close...
just go with the permanent fix:

Quote from: Sephiroth on January 29, 2010, 09:28:00 PM
If you're on windows vista or 7, you must either use VRocker's alternative server browser, or run vc-mp.exe in compatibility mode for windows 95/98

alternative browser: click here

just as Force said above..

Cypher

Is easy, when you exit from a vc mp server use /q. If this problem repeats you must open the task manager and you must close the vc mp process from process list.  ;D

Boss

Quote from: Cypher on February 11, 2010, 09:59:50 PM
Is easy, when you exit from a vc mp server use /q.
1) This thread is not about "closing VC through ESC menu" issue, but about "many pop-ups after closing browser in Vista/Win7" issue.
2) Both issues are likely to be fixed in the upcoming version.