• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Where do i...

Started by dragonlordeh, July 18, 2007, 05:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonlordeh

get mods for the servers? I run the VC:MP and i see servers running Gang Wars v8.0 and Stunt, along with TDM and DM's where do i get those? I got the newest 3.0z version and i still get the error incorrect version on most servers except the generic mode

GIG

the 0.3z version is still beta, you have to play 0.3x version, if you wanna have some players.

bakasan

Quote from: GIG on July 18, 2007, 10:26:07 AM
the 0.3z version is still beta, you have to play 0.3x version, if you wanna have some players.

wrong. 0.3z is released.

Quote from: dragonlordeh on July 18, 2007, 05:27:00 AM
get mods for the servers? I run the VC:MP and i see servers running Gang Wars v8.0 and Stunt, along with TDM and DM's where do i get those? I got the newest 3.0z version and i still get the error incorrect version on most servers except the generic mode

those modes are a combination of customised config.ini file and mirc scripting usually.

Aaron

I think there is a line in the server .ini called:

'ServerMode'
or
'Mode'
or
'Server Mode'

dragonlordeh

Thanks but i still dont answer my question of where i get the modes.

adamale

If you want this mods, you need to ask their creators for them. Maybe they will give you.

Aaron

You will have to create your own mode by editing your server .ini

dragonlordeh

But then how do i get other peoples? When i try to join any of them besides generic it says something along Incorrect version in pink
So is it really wrong VCMP? i have 0.3z

Aaron

Quote from: dragonlordeh on July 18, 2007, 10:43:48 PM
But then how do i get other peoples? When i try to join any of them besides generic it says something along Incorrect version in pink
So is it really wrong VCMP? i have 0.3z
You have 0.3z, so its the servers fault not yours.

0.3z is not compatible with other servers running for older versions.

When you join a server your game downloads the mode (the server .ini)

GIG

Oh man didn't know that it's already released. Nice to hear that the developpers got it finished.

dragonlordeh

Oh yea thanks, i just figured this out now since i just downloaded all this, ive never got a mod for mp on a sp game. Also, im trying to get a server running, i really want to make a mod so i could have like if you go on youtube search for san andreas bike stunt and watch the darkam one its first and i wanna do stuff like that if possible. Where can i find a list of vehicle numbers? And it keeps making my map Liberty City and i have it set for Vice City

Aaron

Nope you cant add objects.

Use the forums Search for vehicle ID's.

Download 0.3z Server from http://www.vicecitymultiplayer.com

dragonlordeh

Okay i used the forums and i figured out how to get the server in my list and all, but do other people see it now? and also, can someone send me a ini that has a variety of bikes for spawns and about 1-5 sabres and planes/choppers?
I want my server to be like all bikes, and also i want the models to be just tommy and swat members with some of the bikers in there. Also whats the quords for the catwalk in the stripper thing? i want to put the model select there.