• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Suggestion's / Idea's

Started by JohnKimble, January 19, 2010, 03:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnKimble

I have some suggestions and idea's for the next release/VC-MP.

1) Remove player going back to class selection after each time they died, instead make it so that a player can press F4 (or something..) like SA-MP and only if they pressed F4 make them go back to class selection after they died.

2) Fix the the server package, new.pwn etcetera.. it still includes <a_samp> and has SA-MP callbacks there ::)

3) Create a wiki.vicecitymultiplayer.com for pawn documentation and explanation of functions.

4) Make page up and down scroll the chat instead of F7 which just changes the chat position or I don't know whats up with that but it looks weird.

5) Remove "/c" from commands, instead of /c commandname just make it /commandname

Well I don't have anymore suggestions or idea's but anyways.. post your idea's here :)

[AoD]NC

There is already a topic with hundreds ideas, but devs make only this what they want :@.

Point 5 was already discussed in this forum somewhere. And the answer was: no?

JohnKimble

Oh sorry I didn't know.. I am new here :-*

Anyways about the point 5 I don't see why there is a /c it doesn't make sense, having /commands /like /this would be make more sense right?

Another suggestion, at the moment SetWorldBounds is needed to make the player not randomly move around after he spawned, what about making 5000.0,-5000.0,5000.0,-5000.0 the standard world bounds instead of server owners having to add this?

Edit: some more suggestions:

Remove death messages so scripters can add their own.
Proper scoreboard, like SA-MP.

[AoD]NC

Ofc /command is better then /c commands, but maybe you already know there are some built in commands like /kick /do, and enabling for scripting /commands would be a mess... Ym devs think so :).

Boss

Quote from: JohnKimble on January 19, 2010, 03:26:33 PM
1) Remove player going back to class selection after each time they died, instead make it so that a player can press F4 (or something..) like SA-MP and only if they pressed F4 make them go back to class selection after they died.
That is useless. A force spawn function would be in handy though.

2) Fix the the server package, new.pwn etcetera.. it still includes <a_samp> and has SA-MP callbacks there ::)
It includes a_vcmp and all the callbacks work in VC-MP. You have probably downloaded the wrong package.

3) Create a wiki.vicecitymultiplayer.com for pawn documentation and explanation of functions.
You can participate in its creation here.

4) Make page up and down scroll the chat instead of F7 which just changes the chat position or I don't know whats up with that but it looks weird.
Chat scrolling is being worked at.

5) Remove "/c" from commands, instead of /c commandname just make it /commandname
That's been suggested few dozes times. It's being worked at.

Was suggested. System messages can't be removed now because non-pawn servers will have none then. They will probably be removed once everybody switches to pawn servers.

It's fine this way. Though both scoreboard and chat could use a bigger/bolder font.

JohnKimble

Thanks for your comments.

Quote from: Boss on January 19, 2010, 05:27:36 PM
That is useless. A force spawn function would be in handy though.

How is this useless? Because say you've got a gamemode with 5 teams and you can select a team on class selection, you choose team 3, now everytime you died you have to re-select that team, wouldn't it be much better if players just instantly respawn with the same team skin you choose the first time after they died instead of having to re-select that team? Same goes for skins, say you always use skin 25 and there are 50 skins to choose from, now you'd have to keep reselecting the skin you want after each time you died :<

About the server package, I downloaded the one from the front page.. it still included SA-MP callbacks and stuff like #include <a_samp> maybe thats fixed now, I haven't checked.

About the wiki link you gave me, is this a official wiki?

Was suggested. System messages can't be removed now because non-pawn servers will have none then. They will probably be removed once everybody switches to pawn servers.

Okay, I didn't know some people are still using non pawn ;)

It's fine this way. Though both scoreboard and chat could use a bigger/bolder font.

Well I have to disagree, having a scoreboard in the middle of the screen with maybe an transparent background or something similair like SA-MP would be way better IMO, it would give you a better overview then the current one..

Boss

Quote from: JohnKimble on January 19, 2010, 06:01:14 PM
now everytime you died you have to re-select that team
Um... don't die? Seriously, IRL once you die you can do nothing about. Here you just have to press fire button one extra time. Forced spawning can be useful in some modes but it is useless in general.

About the wiki link you gave me, is this a official wiki?
It may become one.

thijn

Well I have to disagree, having a scoreboard in the middle of the screen with maybe an transparent background or something similair like SA-MP would be way better IMO, it would give you a better overview then the current one..
imo the scoreboard from VCMP is way better then the one from SA-MP.

[AoD]NC

MTA SA scoreboard rox :p.

QuoteRemove player going back to class selection after each time they died, instead make it so that a player can press F4 (or something..) like SA-MP and only if they pressed F4 make them go back to class selection after they died.
I dont like it ;c.