• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Discussion of features and bugfixes of 0.4

Started by maxorator, April 09, 2011, 11:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StriKe

Quote from: rulk on April 10, 2011, 06:02:38 PM
scripting
I do agree with Big[H], if possible, could you collaborate with the vcmp squirrel team and implement some/all of their functions into the official server. ( unless you already have something tucked up your sleeve, then i'll shut up :-)  )

Kind Regards

Luke

You will be having Squirrel plugins for 0.4 servers.

rulk

bob the builder.

Aaron

Ghostface_Killah

Quote from: Kill3R on April 10, 2011, 05:20:53 PM
the chat lines limit for the console is 1000 lines  :)

Cool, will it be F7-able though?

StriKe

Cypher

Yea, the new sync it's very nice. I hope that we can have the release as soon as possible. :P
Anyway, will all players know about the 0.4? Because there are players that don't know anything that 0.4 was under developing.

* Cypher waits for 0.4! *

Ghostface_Killah

Quote from: StriKe on April 10, 2011, 07:17:47 PM
Quote from: Ghostface_Killah on April 10, 2011, 07:16:31 PM

No.

Aww, don't you think that it should be. The more messages you can see simultaneously, the better - so you don't have to use scroll most of the times

StriKe

Quote from: Ghostface_Killah on April 10, 2011, 07:24:03 PM
Quote from: StriKe on April 10, 2011, 07:17:47 PM
Quote from: Ghostface_Killah on April 10, 2011, 07:16:31 PM

No.

Aww, don't you think that it should be. The more messages you can see simultaneously, the better - so you don't have to use scroll most of the times

You will be having 15 lines of chat during the start of the game so you don't have to worry about it.

maxorator

Quote from: Ghostface_Killah on April 10, 2011, 07:24:03 PM
You can change the number of lines that are shown, but it will be with a command instead of a hotkey.

SugarD

Quote from: [AoD]NC on April 10, 2011, 10:57:03 AM
Quote from: SugarD on April 10, 2011, 03:43:35 AM
Don't forget to fix the Windows 7 bugs! Towncivilian made a fix that is posted here on the forum for one of the major ones.

Bugs? That annoying errors after closing server browser were fixed a long time ago (see: VCMP 0.4 public test last year).
It's not fixed in the current release though. Ironically, the work-around of running it in a compatibility mode OS creates another bug, which Towncivilian fixed.

Sephiroth

Alright, i like what i see great work guys.

Super excited about vehicle sync and the ability to stand on a car without falling off easily.

question: is the server browser bug fixed? where it will spam you with a bunch of access violation messages when you close it?

OutlawZ

Quote from: [AoD]NC on April 10, 2011, 10:57:03 AM
That annoying errors after closing server browser were fixed a long time ago (see: VCMP 0.4 public test last year).

Skirmant

Quote from: Sephiroth on April 11, 2011, 01:56:20 PM
Alright, i like what i see great work guys.

Super excited about vehicle sync and the ability to stand on a car without falling off easily.

question: is the server browser bug fixed? where it will spam you with a bunch of access violation messages when you close it?

Try VRocker's unoficial server browser for Windows 7 & Vista. It fixed the problem for me :P

http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=1350.0
I know advance mIRC, average C++, basic Pawn & Squirrel, very basic Java Script.

aXXo

Is it possible to have the feature in 0.4 that let scripts cancel an Event/Callback??

Example: If we put 'return 0;' in 'OnPlayerChat'
Then, the chat wont be displayed in console. That is, the the callback will be cancelled.

Or if we put 'return 0;' in OnPlayerSpawn' the player will not be able to spawn.

But if the callback returns '1' (or bool true), then the event is called like it normally does.

More examples:
Returning '0' in OnPlayerDeath wont take the player to spawn screen, it will stop on the dead body and "Wasted" screen.
Return 0 in OnRconCommand will not execute the rcon command.
Return 0 in OnPlayerSwitchWeapon(*exists in squirrel) wont switch player wep.

etc etc. for all Callbacks.

[MKs]WiLsON

i was thinking that vcmp 4 will got garage for repair car,park car etc   :(