• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Question

Started by Watti, September 15, 2007, 03:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Watti

Can we use Cam Hack...

dave5

2) Do not post videos/screenshots that contain hacks/mods/cheats

I'm guessing if it didn't come with GTAVC when you bought it/downloaded it off a torrent, you can't use it.

Also

1) Only post videos/screenshots of VC:MP - no other games or random videos

Why would someone even think of using Cam Hack on VC:MP. I'm think your look would be all messed up or something.
Date Registered:     July 29, 2007, 09:48:25 PM
Last Active:    March 21, 2008, 09:14:52 PM

Watti

Umm Well maybe for Movies in Groups like 5-10 People in the movie.. acting.. stunts or something

dave5

iKlipse

Quote from: dave5 on September 15, 2007, 05:26:47 PM
Why would someone even think of using Cam Hack on VC:MP. I'm think your look would be all messed up or something.

VC cam hack is a tool for Vice city which is used by many movie makers including me. It enables you to toggle free look and a lot of other views, it's not the type of hack that wrecks peoples games.

The word "hack" in VC cam hack makes it sound bad but its a tool that hacks your player views in game so you can manually move it around to whatever view you want, nothing bad.

dave5

Yes I heard of Cam Hack before thanks, but look at this.

Quote from: dave5 on September 15, 2007, 05:26:47 PM

iKlipse

Yeah I saw that, I'm not blind.

Some people like to make movies on VC:MP that have other players as actors. There is clearly nothing wrong with using the cam hack tool on an empty server filming a movie with a few other people.

I don't get why you don't understand that.

dave5

I've seen the other side of the bush before, someone's server, everyone was sharing mods just because it read "stunt server", they all brought their mods with them to other DM servers, nothing's wrong with using cam hack to record stunters, it's everything else that gets me.

iKlipse

Quote from: dave5 on September 23, 2007, 06:49:25 AM
nothing's wrong with using cam hack to record stunters, it's everything else that gets me.

So now theres nothing wrong with using it on VC:MP... What was the point in the last posts you made?

Come back when you have you're mind sorted out.

tuntis

The whole "no camhack" rule is moRONic. A camera hack won't benefit anybody in game play at all and does not require circumvention of VCMP protection (NOTE: I am not 100% sure about this. However, I have modified the original camerahack to work with MTA without any need to replace MTA or GTA files, e.g. "launch camerahack, play mta" without any modification).

Juppi

Quote from: tuntis on September 23, 2007, 03:36:53 PM
The whole "no camhack" rule is moRONic. A camera hack won't benefit anybody in game play at all and does not require circumvention of VCMP protection

Indeed. Still, rules say that no kind of mods are allowed. It would be nice if someone of the moderator team would make an official statement about using camera hack (my opinion is that there's nothing wrong in using cam hack, it can make the videos better).

dave5

Ah, sorry, must of forgotten and was acting dumb.

Juppi

Still no official statement from moderators?

I hope someone would comment, as there has been some discussion about the cam hack.

bakasan

cam hack is ok with me  :-X

Aaron

I think its ok since it doesnt give the player any unfair advantage