• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

3 little noob-questions

Started by mimic-ger, June 14, 2007, 01:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mimic-ger

Hi,

The most important thing first: My english is nearly poor, so please ignore the mistakes i will made :-)

I have a few questions about the MOD:

1. the map is to large for my 8-man-lan.is it possible to place "barickades" on the bridges, so that they are closed. I try this with trucks, but it doesnt work the way i want it
or can this be done with the play-coordinates ( WorldBounds ? )

2. The weapon id?s with 2 numbers ( 18, 21 etc) are working well for the group-start-weapons. but i want to place weapons in the map, these id mu?t have 3 numbers ( 288 or so) i see it in the basic-config. iss there a pdf-file with this id?s ?
i allready have the "car id" and the "2-number weapon id" pdf?s. or iss there a simple way to find out the numbers ? by adding a fixed number, or so...

3. I have place many many many cars, and now my games crahses @startup. is there a limit of cars ? i have made no mistakes in placing them. i checked it. when i only put in the half of the ammount, the games starts... crazy...

this is it, for the first time ^^ i also dont want to torture you longer with my english for this time  ???

i hope someone will help me
thx, timo
English is not my 1.Language, so my grammar etc is very bad :)

adamale

1. It's possible to set boundaries. You just need x+, x-, y+, y- coordinates.

2. http://gtam.info/adam/id/pickups_weapons.txt

3. There is a limit. It's like ~190. What vehicles did you set? There are some which are unallowed (like 180, 181 or Cuban Hermes).

mimic-ger

1. ok thx, is there anywhere a nice jpg (or so) where x = 0 and y = 0 is shown or have i to try myself  ;D

2.exactly for this i was searching, thx ^^

3. oh, yes there where over 100 cars. it was a boring day, so i place cars nearly one hour. mh, do you know if the mod-developers want to set the limit higher (if it is possible  ;) ) with ~100 cars the card is very empty *joke*

adamale

Well, I'll try to explain it.

Let's say you want to fence a Junk Yard. You need proper coordinates. Here's a pic no. 1:

As you see, you need upper x, lower x, uppper y and lower y. When you get those coords you have to place them in your config file. Take a look:

WorldBoundaries UX LX UY LY

It's important to place coords like this.

If you can't make it I can help you.

VercettiG

There is a very easy and helpful tool around, for the world boundaries. You simply select the area on the map, and you'll get the coordinates by that.

Jacob's worldboundaries tool.

adamale

Wow, it's really useful tool. Thanks for that.

VercettiG

Well, yeah, everyone would've found it if they looked through the FAQ. ::)

mimic-ger

thx for all the help  :) all important questions are answered  ;)

I have read the faq, it?s like: not to see the wood for the trees  ;D
exspecially when english is not your first language

but this mp-mod kicks ass ^^ no other game i know, has this flair.

bakasan

mimic-ger

i stil have a problem with the maximum ammount of vehicle...
my server won?t start, when i have 100 or more cars...
with 99 cars my server starts...

is there something that i can do to enlarge the ammount ? or is there nothing i can do ?

kenny01

There's a vehlicle limit. Don't know exact numbers. And no there's nothing you can do about it right now.

mimic-ger

Quote from: adamale on June 14, 2007, 10:24:33 AM
...WorldBoundaries UX LX UY LY
It's important to place coords like this.
If you can't make it I can help you.

Thx, the server works fine  ;D i?m suprised, that chaninging the "playground" is so easy  :D

adamale

Well, it is really easy :)

But it's hard to understand for newbies.