• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

VC-MP 0.4

Started by VercettiG, June 19, 2007, 12:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VercettiG

So, guys, what are your expectations for this release? :) And what do you hope is in it?

What we know that will be in it for sure, is:
  • Pawn scripting.
  • FP aim (Synced Snipers and Rocket Launcher)
Discuss...! :)

Starter

Maybe more cars on map.
My english is not good, sorry for mistakes (if any).

adamale

I'd like to see efficient pay'n'sprays. ;)

VercettiG

Personally, I want stability and bugs to get sorted out first. :)

I'd like more text draw stuff because it makes the game look more singleplay'ish and makes it more interesting and interactive. :P

Like seen in SA-MP:
http://www.gtam.info/img/images/XenoN/samp225.jpg
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5457/samp058er5.jpg

A little bit info about text_draw:
QuoteAnyone familiar with GTA modding may have heard of this system. It's the text system used to display a large amount of text in the original game and is VERY flexible, allowing you to alter a wide range of text attributes: screen position, letter size, colour, background box size and colour, shadow size and colour, outlines, alignment, text style and spacing - all made available to script developers. As well as this you can have up to 96 entirely different sets of text AT ONCE, I'm sure the coders amongst you are going to enjoy this feature.

adamale

Hmm, yeah... text draw... that would be cool ;)

TonynhO

I' d like to see:

• Fast Switch BACK!
  • City in the sky like in 0.2
  • Possibility to chat in server with server browser when you are out of game
  • Fix the waves problem...
  • Possibility to drop weapons
  • Possibility to add external objects (like flags) to do more funny gamemodes
  • Working Pay' n Spray
  • Powerful Anti-Cheat system!
  • Possibility to lean (?) toward left/right so M4/M60/Snipers/... fights will be more sexy! <3
  • Delete damn bubbles from the screen! (CLICK - Bubbles at the beginning of the video...)
  • Enable grenades/molotovs for funny gamemodes
  • Updated PAWN language (same functions of SA:MP 0.2 PAWN)

It's enough. ::) LoL

VercettiG

Quote from: TonynhO on June 19, 2007, 02:56:02 PM
  • Fast Switch BACK!
I see alot of people want it back, but it was primarily removed due to sync reasons. But if VC-MP devs decide to want it back, I'd like it to be configurable! That means enabling it through server config.

So we're talking about objects here... I'd really want that to wait for another release. Because that needs a good system. The system in 0.2 wasn't really well planned and it was very unstable. And rushed during development...

I was thinking about the same, but, think again... If you allowed people to chat through the server browser, the chat would easily get spammed. Which would make it really dumb... Since there's no way of "kicking" that user out of the server browser.

What wave problem..? Elaborate.

I've suggested that one :) I hope it'll come into consideration :P

That is kindof possible in 0.3z. If you tested with us, you'd see that some bribes had objects attached onto them. :P
But no real objects, no.

Is there really need for a powerful anti-cheat system in VC-MP? No.
VC-MP doesn't have a big issue with cheaters. However, I do agree that a better anti-cheat system should be developed.

• Possibility to lean (?) toward left/right so M4/M60/Snipers/... fights will be more sexy! <3
What do you mean with that? :S

• Delete damn bubbles from the screen! (CLICK - Bubbles at the beginning of the video...)
Actually still a mystery for me why people hate them so much? :P I barely notice them when they're on my screen!

There's already grenades and molotovs in the current release, 0.3x. The server owners don't like them because they're very crashy in that release!

Think it's quite alot to ask for, as alot of functions are available in  SA-MP 0.2. Hence it has object placement...
However, 0.1 functions will be there. And some more I'm sure. :)

TonynhO

Quote from: VercettiG on June 19, 2007, 06:33:59 PM
  • Fast Switch BACK!
I see alot of people want it back, but it was primarily removed due to sync reasons. But if VC-MP devs decide to want it back, I'd like it to be configurable! That means enabling it through server config.
It means i will continue to hope for it... ::)

So we're talking about objects here... I'd really want that to wait for another release. Because that needs a good system. The system in 0.2 wasn't really well planned and it was very unstable. And rushed during development...
Well, it is just for funny, so we can wait for another more stable release.

I was thinking about the same, but, think again... If you allowed people to chat through the server browser, the chat would easily get spammed. Which would make it really dumb... Since there's no way of "kicking" that user out of the server browser.
You are right but maybe do something to PM players in game and not talk in Public Chat,  so if that guy start to spam in PM with a command /ignore him (if it is possible), no?

Waves in the whole city, really annoying and stupid because it damage the gameplay. This feature in the actual way would result useless because it can' t be enabled when players are playing (if you don' t want to annoy them...).

I've suggested that one :) I hope it'll come into consideration :P
Nice.

That is kindof possible in 0.3z. If you tested with us, you'd see that some bribes had objects attached onto them. :P
But no real objects, no.
So bye-bye CTF/HTF gamemodes! :'(

Is there really need for a powerful anti-cheat system in VC-MP? No.
VC-MP doesn't have a big issue with cheaters. However, I do agree that a better anti-cheat system should be developed.
Yeah, of course in VC:MP cheating isn' t the main problem like it is in others GTA:MPs (SA:MP/MTA:SA Race) but i think that a more powerful anti-cheat system would be only nice. :)

Errr, sorry for that but i didn' t find any better word to explain it.
Hmmm, it is mainly in FPS games, when you are hidden back of something (for example back a wall) and to see what happen or to shoot staying hidden you "flex right or left your bust" (?)... Capishe?! ;D LoL, anyway i think it is not possible...

Actually still a mystery for me why people hate them so much? :P I barely notice them when they're on my screen!
You are lucky...

There's already grenades and molotovs in the current release, 0.3x. The server owners don't like them because they're very crashy in that release!
Well, i didn' t know but i asked to have them not in normal game but in special gamemodes! ;D

Think it's quite alot to ask for, as alot of functions are available in  SA-MP 0.2. Hence it has object placement...
However, 0.1 functions will be there. And some more I'm sure. :)
Ok.

VercettiG

Well, it is just for funny, so we can wait for another more stable release.
Not exactly how the VC-MP developers want 0.4 to be. They want 0.4 to be something special. But the priority lies in the stability for it! And with objects... It will take alot of time to stabilize it...

You are right but maybe do something to PM players in game and not talk in Public Chat,  so if that guy start to spam in PM with a command /ignore him (if it is possible), no?
It's not possible, unfortunately.

Waves in the whole city, really annoying and stupid because it damage the gameplay. This feature in the actual way would result useless because it can' t be enabled when players are playing (if you don' t want to annoy them...).
There's not waves in the whole city. Only near the coast. That's all configurable through the Waterpro.dat. So it's not VC-MP's issue, really.

Errr, sorry for that but i didn' t find any better word to explain it.
Hmmm, it is mainly in FPS games, when you are hidden back of something (for example back a wall) and to see what happen or to shoot staying hidden you "flex right or left your bust" (?)... Capishe?! ;D LoL, anyway i think it is not possible...
You mean like, when youre shooting with those weapons, you cant move sideways while shooting? I don't think there's anything to do about that. We have to blame Rockstar. :P

Habas

City in the sky like in 0.2

That was pretty dumb for me. Playing in oryginal VC is much more fun :)

QuoteFix the waves problem...

I agree

QuotePossibility to drop weapons

That will be very handy :D

And now time for me :D

- More cars on server
- Better sync
- Better stability

I think that isn't all ::)

M@rsik

1. Increase vehicles limit to 70 types and 700 vehicles.
2. Fix the problem with Voodoo (if not fixed yet) when all players had a crash if someone use hydraulics in it.
3. New chat like in SA-MP, with not only ASCII symbols. Will be good if with the same font as in sa-mp RC3. F6 key for russian typing
4. Make Frags window on Tab, Client stats on F5.

YaceQ

Quote from: M@rsik on June 19, 2007, 09:21:36 PM
3. New chat like in SA-MP, with not only ASCII symbols. Will be good if with the same font as in sa-mp RC3. F6 key for russian typing
4. Make Frags window on Tab, Client stats on F5.
The same opinion. Chat like in SA-MP and deads in another window.

Quote from: Habas on June 19, 2007, 08:44:21 PM
City in the sky like in 0.2
That was pretty dumb for me. Playing in oryginal VC is much more fun :)
No, no, no :P If you don't want you don't have to play in city in sky. But for most players it was very good. For me to.

One more. Bug with team kill. For example:
QuoteVercettiG killed team-mate Kenny01 (Stubby Shotgun)

PrisonBreak

I'd like to see some different cars in the game (modded ones like on MTA) & more guns (grenades, snipers, etc.)

Also, I don't know if any of these are possible (some have been mentioned alot) but i'd like to see working Pay'N'Sprays & actual police and/or citizens, like BOTS or something that can shoot back at you and stuff (just an idea :D)

YaceQ

Quote* Enable grenades/molotovs for funny gamemodes

Bots will be nice ;)
Hmmm, I think it's impossible, but normal people, like in SP in MP?

capitanazo

fix more crash
add a automatic update system for repair crashed and bugs...
add map editor (mta editor its cool)
add a free camera for spectador move and use a mouse not keys.
enable gravity and possibility to shoting were jump.
enable mod compatibility(total convertions).
enable a mods for server whit put a  mods (cars,weapons,objets,skin,etc... in c:/programfiles/server/mods
example...
enable HEADSHOT
enable peds
enable mision .scm

bye sorry for my bad english