Author Topic: gta-vc.exe crash when I run it with VCMP  (Read 25885 times)

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
Re: gta-vc.exe crash when I run it with VCMP
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 04:50:43 am »
C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\ , delete the file "gta_vc.set"

If that doesn't work your fack'd :)
Then I'm "fack'd". I already did that. Like I said, it's a Vista/7 compatibility issue with the executable itself.

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 06:46:17 am »
C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\ , delete the file "gta_vc.set"

Then I'm "fack'd". I already did that. Like I said, it's a Vista/7 compatibility issue with the executable itself.
*Bump!*

Towncivilian just found a solution! Copy your .set file from "C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\" to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\" while you have the "Run As Administrator" and "Windows 98/ME" compatibility settings set on the vc-mp.exe!

Proof:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 06:52:09 am by SugarD »

Offline shivambansal

• Wiseguy
  • VC:MP Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 05:13:17 pm »
 :o

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 01:45:39 am »
Developers! Please note that this fix does work, and needs to be implemented correctly for the sake of Windows 7 users. This bug is old, and was even fixed in a previous version of SA:MP, so given that they use the same codebase, this shouldn't be too bad of a bug to fix.

Offline Zegro

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 06:56:48 pm »
pretty sure it's been fixed in the beta.

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 08:36:22 am »
It was mentioned that the original error with needing to run it under Win98/ME compatibility was, but either way this still needs the data location fixed, emulating or not.

Offline maxorator

• VC:MP Developer
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 05:54:09 pm »
It was mentioned that the original error with needing to run it under Win98/ME compatibility was, but either way this still needs the data location fixed, emulating or not.
If relocation is only needed for multiplayer, then it's not a fix, but a very hackish workaround. The real question is what is stopping Vice City from reading from the proper user directory when playing in multiplayer.

Offline icecream

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 02:45:16 pm »
what is stopping Vice City from reading from the proper user directory when playing in multiplayer.
Sorry for bumping but i think the sound problem is causing all of this. Many sites have some currupted vice cities!
Can you give me the fast link to download VC with sound?  ???

Offline Lunar

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 10:31:58 pm »
Sorry for bumping but I just really want a solution for this!

I get the same problem... I have no audio so I was thinking that was the problem too. I did everything, changed the compatibility (see no use of this idea since I'm already running it on XP) and deleted gta_vc.set.

*Bump!*

Towncivilian just found a solution! Copy your .set file from "C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\" to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\" while you have the "Run As Administrator" and "Windows 98/ME" compatibility settings set on the vc-mp.exe!

Proof:

There is no C:\Users\Public\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\ for me. My GTA Vice City User Files are directed in my documents and that's it.

Offline sseebbyy

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 12:13:06 am »
Sorry for bumping but I just really want a solution for this!

I get the same problem... I have no audio so I was thinking that was the problem too. I did everything, changed the compatibility (see no use of this idea since I'm already running it on XP) and deleted gta_vc.set.

*Bump!*

Proof:

There is no C:\Users\Public\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files\ for me. My GTA Vice City User Files are directed in my documents and that's it.

STOP BUMPING !!!!!!!

Wait for a reply don't bump old topics kid !

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline Lunar

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 09:04:39 pm »
pfft, kid huh? If you knew better you wouldn't even reply with "stop bumping" because that is bumping yourself. Just making it clear. It's just I want to play the game and nobody seems to answer.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 07:26:16 am »
pfft, kid huh? If you knew better you wouldn't even reply with "stop bumping" because that is bumping yourself. Just making it clear. It's just I want to play the game and nobody seems to answer.
Be patient little kid.. Someone with some answers will answer your little question.. Until then, stop bumping and stop telling other people to not tell you that you're bumping or I'll report you to the moderators.
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 12:49:59 pm »
His question is relevant to the thread and isn't a nuisance, so I'll allow it. As for your question, I would create the directory and copy the .set file in there, and make sure that compatibility mode is on and set to Windows 98/ME. If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to tell you, as my installation worked fine out of the box.
Do not PM me for support.