Author Topic: Suggestions for the new VC:MP Browser.  (Read 4498 times)

Offline sseebbyy

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
Suggestions for the new VC:MP Browser.
« on: August 07, 2013, 01:14:46 pm »
As all saw, we have a new browser ( LU Style ) with the start of Public Beta Test #2.  :)

I want to tell you my suggestions:
  • Add buttons that Add/Remove/Refresh the server like in the old browser
  • In the "Tools" board, add and an option "Configuration" that will show you the list from "vcmp_config.txt" and with the possibility to edit it. (its a very short way, and useful)
  • Return back the " <number> players are playing on <number> servers" from the bottom of the browser.
  • The combination with lighted green (and lighted red) and the yellow from the lock doesn't look nice for me... its disturbing

• Add search option ... by name / mod, with options to see just full/emty/passworded servers.

• Remove "Server" before any word like "Name/Ping/Player" because you already typed "Server Info" there.

That's all I think...

Don't take me wrong, I appreciate what VRocker and AdTec did, but this browser is too simple... there are no more colors like in the 0.3zR2, it is darker. A more colored one will be nicer I think. (Add colored buttons for Add/Remove/Refresh Server)

And one more thing: When I click on Help & Support it sends me to the Unofficial Forum.
    Shouldn't it send me to the Official one ?

PS: Sometimes, when I click once on the Public Beta server in Favourites list, I have to wait some seconds to see its status.
    (something like this happens in 0.3zR2 when the server ping is damn big)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:37:47 pm by sseebbyy »

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
Re: Suggestions for the new VC:MP Browser.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 01:50:13 pm »
I totally agree. It definitely needs some more colours.

Offline T3rroR

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 02:49:22 pm »
I totally agree. It definitely needs some more colours.
^

Offline Castagna

• Made Man
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 12:35:43 am »
Of course this won't be the final browser, in fact the server launcher wasn't meant to be included in this public beta #2. Since we had the possibility to have 2 test servers running at once, the browser would make it easier, instead of writing/removing IP and port from the configuration file.
Castagna - EA Founder

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 04:23:18 am »
Of course this won't be the final browser, in fact the server launcher wasn't meant to be included in this public beta #2. Since we had the possibility to have 2 test servers running at once, the browser would make it easier, instead of writing/removing IP and port from the configuration file.
Still, I hope the final version will also have more colour and if possible, customizable.
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline George

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 05:27:50 am »
During the installation could be defined by user some important configurations. like windowed mode and nickname.
(LBR)George, XE Head Scripter, Xs Developer, LBR's founder, playing VCMP since 2009

Offline aXXo

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 08:14:31 am »
In the "Tools" board, add and an option "Configuration" that will show you the list from "vcmp_config.txt" and with the possibility to edit it. (its a very short way, and useful)
+1

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 02:12:53 pm »
During the installation could be defined by user some important configurations. like windowed mode and nickname.
Or maybe open the settings tab when the browser runs for the very first time?

Offline George

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 04:56:11 pm »
Or maybe open the settings tab when the browser runs for the very first time?
yeah, but could be more practical make these kind of configurations during the installation. so the user is ready to play quickly. :D
(LBR)George, XE Head Scripter, Xs Developer, LBR's founder, playing VCMP since 2009