Author Topic: Server not Showing up on Internet (no router firewall)  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Robd

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
Server not Showing up on Internet (no router firewall)
« on: January 02, 2013, 04:39:36 am »
I have no router firewall, I tried port forwarding anyway. I have forward the port for both protocols, I've created the exception for the server application, announce.exe, and the port. I'm not sure what the problem is. If there's any other information that anyone needs I'm more than happy to help.
Hello, this is Robd from the past.
If you are seeing this I have either posted something stupid, forgotten something, started a stupid topic, or a combination of the three.

Please forgive us for this mistake.

Regards, management

Offline sseebbyy

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
Re: Server not Showing up on Internet (no router firewall)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 12:01:05 pm »
First of all: Hi Robd, welcome back ! :)

(again) Forward your ports using UDP, apply all changes, get your real IP by checking an special website like http://whatismyipaddress.com/ and put it in the Favorites board.

If works, go to Internet board and wait, the local server will be shown a bit later.

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline Robd

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 09:19:59 pm »
Port forwarding entry in my router.
Code: [Select]

Service Details

Service Name    VCMP Server
Type    Port Forwarding

Entry Protocol Global Port(s) Local Port(s)
1 both 5192 5192

Tried the above, my external IP doesn't work for me. Also, my router firewall is set to "off" meaning that all traffic is supposedly allowed.

**Edit** I was testing some script and I had someone connect to my server. I assume that means that it in fact IS showing up and that I simply can't see it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:17:00 pm by Robd »
Hello, this is Robd from the past.
If you are seeing this I have either posted something stupid, forgotten something, started a stupid topic, or a combination of the three.

Please forgive us for this mistake.

Regards, management

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 11:23:27 pm »
I was testing some script and I had someone connect to my server. I assume that means that it in fact IS showing up and that I simply can't see it.

This is a common issue, actually.
Do not PM me for support.