Author Topic: Roleplay servers  (Read 25974 times)

Offline heekz.shadow

• LU testers
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplay servers
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 12:29:12 pm »
Argonath RPG is a world of it's own. Aside from being the most populated VC:MP server, Argonath allows everyone to roleplay whatever they want while being bounded by the rules. Argonath RPG got servers in VC:MP, MTA:SA, MTA:VC, SA:MP.. etc...

With a nice admin team and probably the "friendliest" players, you should enjoy your time spent there. :)

Code: [Select]
[20:23] <habi> later only i heard that lu chatbox is customizable. On my first visit, it appeared ugly.
[20:23] <habi> May be that also be the reason why lu has no players

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 02:07:54 am »
With a nice admin team and probably the "friendliest" players, you should enjoy your time spent there.

hahaha, no comments over this xD.

well , talking about heavy role play there is just one and its vice city cops and robbers

http://vccnr.forum.st/

http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=5626.0

In VC:MP , with current features and functions I doubt there could be anything more than VCCNR.
Vice City Cops 'n' Robbers is good for an even more relaxed style of gameplay than Argonath.

Offline Darfy

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Wiseguy
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 02:24:24 am »
well , talking about heavy role play there is just one and its vice city cops and robbers

http://vccnr.forum.st/

In VC:MP , with current features and functions I doubt there could be anything more than VCCNR.
Wouldn't call your server a heavy role play server. It's more like a DM server but with a little bit of RPG features here and there.

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 03:08:23 am »
well, I cannot help in your assumptions but its not dm in any case.
Its the only so called rpg , rest rpg servers are out dated and usually offline giving reason to their script.
Next time don't assume and visit the server.
Vice City Cops 'n' Robbers is good for an even more relaxed style of gameplay than Argonath.

Offline Fuzzy168

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 07:17:59 am »
I recently searched what does RPG games mean. RPG or Role-Playing Game is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. If you have played Argonath RPG, you'll notice that it does infact have the RPG element. What you are looking for are servers with the ability to play like in real life. I've restarted a project I once worked on from scratch. Hopefully, it will bring back life to VC:MP.
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline Darfy

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Wiseguy
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 01:03:28 pm »
well, I cannot help in your assumptions but its not dm in any case.
Its the only so called rpg , rest rpg servers are out dated and usually offline giving reason to their script.
Next time don't assume and visit the server.
I'm not assuming, I have visited the server. Being able to rob banks and having a few cool commands like /c kidnap or /c rape doesn't really make the server a heavy RP server. The Cops and Robbers scheme itself is pretty much based on deathmatching and like one of your moderators said "the server is pretty much Cops and Robbers themed but with RPG elements" or something very similar. Well that seems to be the case. Look up LS-RP or Project Reality on SA-MP for instance, that's real heavy RP.

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 01:17:54 pm »
The Cops and Robbers scheme itself is pretty much based on deathmatching and like one of your moderators said "the server is pretty much Cops and Robbers themed but with RPG elements" or something very similar.

well if the name does not include "RPG" that does not mean its not RPG based .To make RPG is it necessary to put RPG in server name?? like

"shit server RPG" and forum being "http://www.shitserverrpg.eu"
;)

Talking about the moderator , I doubt any moderator can say so as DMing is not allowed and kick, warn & ban are the result of DMing in the server (look at irc rules also http://liberty-unleashed.co.uk:9090/?channels=VCCNR  also see the forum report format for the rules http://vccnr.forum.st/t3-important-report-format-read-before-posting ).More over I'm an owner not any moderator so I better know what it is . And its not just that much you think cooler there :P I doubt you had missed much more at least read the topic i had placed here at vicecitymultiplayer.com :

Look up LS-RP or Project Reality on SA-MP for instance, that's real heavy RP.

I already mentioned that , I doubt that its possible to create anything much more than VCCNR in RPG at vice city multiplayer due to lack of features and lack of space in vice city (which is not in case of SA:MP ).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:28:28 pm by hellboy_vkk »

Offline heekz.shadow

• LU testers
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 09:25:14 pm »
hellboy_vkk, your probably the worst type of hypocrite I've ever seen.

You begged Argonath to help you solve with DoS attacks, got some negative answers and then you went on badtalking Argonath like an 11 years old kid, or are you 11 years ?

About your server, that's not RPG. The name is not in any way related to the server, and everything is too overpowered.

Ofcourse there are lots of scripters who can get past VCCNR, but most scripters prefer to take on harder projects, such as, making a game.

Now you claim VCCNR is the best, maybe it is, maybe it's not, after all, who gives a shit, it's all about how players feel on it and how constant are the players.

Take Argonath RPG as example, you always see [WS] and [EAF] clanmembers there, right ? Even if most aren't admins, the game and the satisfaction it brings makes us play there.

Who cares if VCCNR is over Argonath or vice-versa ? It's all about the gameplay and how you feel on it.

Regarding you, better improve your english then argue with us.

What if you're an owner ? If you think it's something and your the owner of that "something", that doesn't meant others think the same, moreover, a server owner should respect it's clients feel and think about it.

You'd probably ignore all of those and go on flaming me in your mind or straight in the forum, that's up to you. But you fail thinking VCCNR is the best.
Code: [Select]
[20:23] <habi> later only i heard that lu chatbox is customizable. On my first visit, it appeared ugly.
[20:23] <habi> May be that also be the reason why lu has no players

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 10:47:47 pm »
well i started reading your out rage  and let me reply to all of your points now:

You begged Argonath to help you solve with DoS attacks, got some negative answers and then you went on badtalking Argonath like an 11 years old kid, or are you 11 years ?

Dumb , I didn't beg anyone I was helping argonath ,LOL you are so dumb that you cannot understand any topic. Go son take a look at my topic again.

http://www.argonathrpg.eu/index.php?topic=90878.0

About your server, that's not RPG. The name is not in any way related to the server, and everything is too overpowered.

well at least its better than argonath in all means , even argo's player accepted that and joined VCCNR . I need not to say anything over this.

Ofcourse there are lots of scripters who can get past VCCNR, but most scripters prefer to take on harder projects, such as, making a game.

Then Go make one , who is stopping you out dated script of yours is old fashion and mostly the reason of server fail of yours.

Now you claim VCCNR is the best, maybe it is, maybe it's not, after all, who gives a shit, it's all about how players feel on it and how constant are the players.

If you don't care stop interfering when I didn't point anything at argonath earlier and talking about players , well VCCNR is always in top 4 while the server you think the best is down mostly.So  I need not to say anything more regarding this.

ake Argonath RPG as example, you always see [WS] and [EAF] clanmembers there, right ? Even if most aren't admins, the game and the satisfaction it brings makes us play there.

HAHHAHAHA , we don't make any such rule in our community that if you play at anyother server we will ban you .

ho cares if VCCNR is over Argonath or vice-versa ? It's all about the gameplay and how you feel on it.

Then stop assuming things that I hit on argonath any way as i didn't take its name till you pointed out its name.

Regarding you, better improve your english then argue with us.

And you better stop assuming things and then argue with someone else , lol.

What if you're an owner ? If you think it's something and your the owner of that "something", that doesn't meant others think the same, moreover, a server owner should respect it's clients feel and think about it.

Well I didn't disrespect anyone in particular but you did and took argonath's name , so you better apply it to yourself.

You'd probably ignore all of those and go on flaming me in your mind or straight in the forum, that's up to you. But you fail thinking VCCNR is the best.

Well  You are wrong again , I replied to each of your points . This tells you are a low mentality personality who's just egoistic and cannot accept the truth about your friendly server's downfall . Plus I Know the forum rules and I don't think i broke them in any way while you did in a way .

And yes VCCNR is the best that's why we get much more players.

well I Know argonath was scripted by one of your friend and that's the main reason its in the official list even when it be offline most of the time while other server which is in top 3-4 servers most of the time is not in the official list so its called biasing .

Next time reply ,when you have some good points.

Better luck next time.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:51:57 pm by hellboy_vkk »

Offline TBS.Milko

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 10:58:05 pm »
AND BOOM! NAILED!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:59:55 pm by TBS.Milko »

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 11:04:45 pm »
well I Know argonath was scripted by one of your friend and that's the main reason its in the official list even when it be offline most of the time while other server which is in top 3-4 servers most of the time is not in the official list so its called biasing .

I don't have unilateral control over the official server list, and I have no authority to add servers to the list. The beta testers come to a consensus about whether a server should be added, and then maxorator (who is inactive and thus can't maintain the list) gives the final approval and adds the server.

If you really want VCCNR added to the official list, the best we can do is start a symbolic vote that has no meaning whatsoever unless max returns in the near future.

I'd also like to note that Vice Legends was listed as an official server before I joined the beta team.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:14:48 pm by stormeus »
Do not PM me for support.

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2013, 11:19:00 pm »
well , nice to see that at least you did reply to it .
As much i know the pawn server official list is controlled by max while the squirrel one is controlled by Vrocker .

as you can see the official list here http://liberty-unleashed.co.uk/vcmp/official.txt

So what you have to say over this?

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2013, 11:21:17 pm »
VRocker's server browser combines both the Pawn and Squirrel lists when looking up official servers, so there really isn't much of a discrepancy.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2013, 11:23:44 pm »
but the squirrel servers are listed in vrocker's only not in max's one as you can see in the following link which is basically max's official list consisting of only pawn based servers :
http://vicecitymultiplayer.com/official.txt

Offline Cyber

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2013, 11:24:24 pm »
Take Argonath RPG as example, you always see [WS] and [EAF] clanmembers there, right ? Even if most aren't admins, the game and the satisfaction it brings makes us play there.

Here, wait...

You're very wrong here, indeed. The fact that those [EAF] and [WS] clan-members join along with each other, and after that the server gets empty for hours shows that no one has interest in the server of yours beside those who have been playing in it for a long time, and are struggling badly to keep it alive. We don't even advertise, and our server never gets empty and has an average count of 8 players. We even suffer from some of your raging community members who DDoS us constantly assuming it's a virtual war kinda thing.

I'd zip it bro, because your entire post is a non-sense waste of words.