Author Topic: here are some keys and hints  (Read 6762 times)

Offline VS

• Street Thug
  • Opening Soon - VS Society
    • View Profile
here are some keys and hints
« on: February 04, 2013, 10:01:37 am »
download

Visual studio 2005 or any other bulid from there i figured it out!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:40:32 am by VS »

Offline Fuzzy168

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
Re: here are some keys and hints
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 11:07:34 am »
What? That you are now capable of building your own VC-MP Client of some sort?
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline VS

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 01:56:49 pm »
What? That you are now capable of building your own VC-MP Client of some sort?

don't worry VC:MP na im working on a different game but [ Rak Net] would be every ones best bet with Visual Studio 2010 and this video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sez3o00uCqU will show you the basics you need for buliding your own [Server & Client] no worries because i just tested this on VCMP 0.1c source and it compiles perfect

Does this answers your question: Fuzzy

o wait don't forget to put the raknet includes into the includes folder
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:02:30 pm by VS »

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 10:43:41 pm »
The fact that you seem to think that simply downloading Visual C++ 2005 Express and using RakNet will allow you to create your own VC:MP client/server is horrifically misguided and incorrect. This thread is entirely useless.

EDIT: And [censoring myself in hindsight] 0.1c and 0.3z are not compatible. At all. Have fun reconstructing every feature and patch added to VC:MP ever since 0.1 if you really want to use that source code.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:25:59 am by stormeus »
Do not PM me for support.

Offline [Saint]

• Made Man
  • Pawn scripting for SA:MP and VC:MP
    • View Profile
    • vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 12:45:16 am »
The fact that you seem to think that simply downloading Visual C++ 2005 Express and using RakNet will allow you to create your own VC:MP client/server is horrifically misguided and incorrect. This thread is entirely useless.

EDIT: And for fuck's sake, 0.1c and 0.3z are not compatible. At all. Have fun reconstructing every feature and patch added to VC:MP ever since 0.1 if you really want to use that source code.

I'm tired of waiting for 0.4, I realized that developers no longer care what happens to VC-MP community, I'm tired of all the excuses and posts Tipo "just wait," we've been waiting for years ... the first to develop a 0.4 it was mentioned in 2007, if I'm not mistaken ....

relise 0.3z R2 supports Pawn language is very pleased to have inspired a lot of hope, but after thorough testing, I was disappointed in him because it contains too many mistakes ....

If you think that no one can do better than 0.3z multiplayer you are mistaken, for the moment to play GTA VC still no qualitative multiplayer, and its development is still relevant!

if you do not believe it, I can give you some links that will help you to convince.

In my virtual world, only two  passion: 1 - is programming 2 - GTA game series and modding ....

I am saddened to see the current situation at the moment, and your attitude towards it, I'm trying to do everything for the Russian speaking community to play VC-MP Steel is better than at this point in 0.3z

i can reconstructing all func from 0.3z R2 in 0.1 for my Vice City Life Server and more other fucn....

little screens of my work in here http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=5334.0

at this point I realized about half of 0.3z R2 features and added some new that did not exist in more than one version, I do not have time to do it, but next month I will continue to work and in a few weeks I will try to perform a complete envelope functions of 0.3z R2 .....

some time ago, I was even willing to buy the source code 0.3z r2 to correct any errors or the majority....

Russian Сommunity

Вступайте в группу: vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer

My profile on sa-mp.com

Offline VS

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 06:21:44 am »
huh Storm Guy you seem to have a problem with everything, everyone posts about VC:MP you acted like you created one your self [omitted] but listen

If you ever learn to script and stop testing shit we will be waiting what a smart person he tests but can't create his own thats why he is always mad

[merged double posts]

here is some more help for people who are creating a server or client http://classes.cs.kent.edu/gpg/trac/browser/trunk/RakNet
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:25:31 am by stormeus »

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 11:24:14 am »
VS and [Saint].. I've been a modder for 2 years and I know what I'm meaning when I say,...

[should probably cut down on the oversized fonts]
VC-MP is a modification made for GTA:VC and is not an official Multiplayer. So stop interrupting maxo's outside life by forcing him to work on a modification which gives GTA:VC the ability to play on the internet. This isn't some official multiplayer recognized by Rockstar. So SHUT UP or WAIT or GET OUT of here if you think a modification is much more important.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:24:20 am by stormeus »
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline heekz.shadow

• LU testers
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 06:58:39 pm »

EDIT: And for fuck's sake, 0.1c and 0.3z are not compatible. At all. Have fun reconstructing every feature and patch added to VC:MP ever since 0.1 if you really want to use that source code.

I'm tired of waiting for 0.4, I realized that developers no longer care what happens to VC-MP community, I'm tired of all the excuses and posts Tipo "just wait," we've been waiting for years ... the first to develop a 0.4 it was mentioned in 2007, if I'm not mistaken ....

relise 0.3z R2 supports Pawn language is very pleased to have inspired a lot of hope, but after thorough testing, I was disappointed in him because it contains too many mistakes ....

If you think that no one can do better than 0.3z multiplayer you are mistaken, for the moment to play GTA VC still no qualitative multiplayer, and its development is still relevant!

if you do not believe it, I can give you some links that will help you to convince.

In my virtual world, only two  passion: 1 - is programming 2 - GTA game series and modding ....

I am saddened to see the current situation at the moment, and your attitude towards it, I'm trying to do everything for the Russian speaking community to play VC-MP Steel is better than at this point in 0.3z

i can reconstructing all func from 0.3z R2 in 0.1 for my Vice City Life Server and more other fucn....

little screens of my work in here http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=5334.0

at this point I realized about half of 0.3z R2 features and added some new that did not exist in more than one version, I do not have time to do it, but next month I will continue to work and in a few weeks I will try to perform a complete envelope functions of 0.3z R2 .....

some time ago, I was even willing to buy the source code 0.3z r2 to correct any errors or the majority....

[removed] You talk about how you modified 0.1c sourcecode, whose sync is horrible. You should not talk about a developer or his work if you cannot do something better or atleast equal. Also, please make a fully working client - server with over 50 functions from SCRATCH. Also, please use assembler and directX just like VC:MP does while being at university ( if you ever got into one ).

[omitted]
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:23:39 am by stormeus »
Code: [Select]
[20:23] <habi> later only i heard that lu chatbox is customizable. On my first visit, it appeared ugly.
[20:23] <habi> May be that also be the reason why lu has no players

Offline [Saint]

• Made Man
  • Pawn scripting for SA:MP and VC:MP
    • View Profile
    • vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 09:28:59 pm »
I'm not saying anything bad about of developers.

Russian Сommunity

Вступайте в группу: vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer

My profile on sa-mp.com

Offline heekz.shadow

• LU testers
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 10:25:00 pm »
I'm not saying anything bad about of developers.

[removed - VC:MP is an international community]

EDIT: [removed]

Stormeus did a lot of work in C++, creating modules for squirrel servers ( powerful hashing algorithms, "Check if your password is strong enough" module, etc... etc... ). I'd post it right now, but Squirrel servers aren't official yet. By the way, you can search those module names on VC:MP scripting sites ( if this forum isn't the single one you know. )

If you want full functionality for 0.3zR2, shoot your laziness and upgrade to Squirrel. You will learn something new.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:22:34 am by stormeus »
Code: [Select]
[20:23] <habi> later only i heard that lu chatbox is customizable. On my first visit, it appeared ugly.
[20:23] <habi> May be that also be the reason why lu has no players

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 01:21:31 am »
I'm not implying that it's not possible for someone else to create another Vice City multiplayer mod, but the original post in this thread claims that simply downloading Visual Studio 2005 will give you the "keys" to making a multiplayer, which is far from the case: you would need to know C++, know how to use RakNet or some other networking library, know how to reverse engineer Vice City, and know how to test and deploy such a mod. Hence, this thread is still useless.

If you ever learn to script and stop testing shit we will be waiting
I know how to script. Please check my post history.

what a smart person he tests but can't create his own thats why he is always mad
Please note that I was recruited into the beta team because I understand C++. Try not to make false claims without evidence to back it up. I'm not mad, per se, but the original post in this thread that you made is a monstrosity, showing no knowledge of what it takes to make a multiplayer game, but instead suggesting that using Visual Studio to compile an incompatible and broken copy of an obsolete source copy of VC:MP is what it takes. That's wrong, pure and simple.

I don't control the development of 0.4 because I am not a developer myself, and personally, I'm not pleased with the sudden halt in development with no other developers to fall back on, mainly because they all abandoned ship years ago and there's no one else competent enough to take on managing and developing a project as large as VC:MP is. However, I still take solace in the fact that I have the privilege of getting to test and write modules for (yes, beta testers actually do work) 0.4. Again, all I can really do is wait for maxorator to return and test some more.

Good on you, it's nice to see people taking an interest in stuff like this, but please note that advertising third-party multiplayer clients is not allowed. You're in a bit of a grey area now, but actively promoting another client will cause your posts to be removed. That's just how it is.

here is some more help for people who are creating a server or client http://classes.cs.kent.edu/gpg/trac/browser/trunk/RakNet
This isn't help. This is not documentation and this is not a tutorial. This is the source code for RakNet. If you want a completely honest statement out of me, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but when you say that downloading Visual Studio = instant VC:MP multiplayer and that the source code for RakNet, without documentation, is helpful, it comes across as incompetent and ignorant.

On that note, as long as this thread is still alive, please keep the discussion civilized.

Offline VS

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 01:42:38 am »
I'm not implying that it's not possible for someone else to create another Vice City multiplayer mod, but the original post in this thread claims that simply downloading Visual Studio 2005 will give you the "keys" to making a multiplayer, which is far from the case: you would need to know C++, know how to use RakNet or some other networking library, know how to reverse engineer Vice City, and know how to test and deploy such a mod. Hence, this thread is still useless.

If you ever learn to script and stop testing shit we will be waiting
I know how to script. Please check my post history.

what a smart person he tests but can't create his own thats why he is always mad
Please note that I was recruited into the beta team because I understand C++. Try not to make false claims without evidence to back it up. I'm not mad, per se, but the original post in this thread that you made is a monstrosity, showing no knowledge of what it takes to make a multiplayer game, but instead suggesting that using Visual Studio to compile an incompatible and broken copy of an obsolete source copy of VC:MP is what it takes. That's wrong, pure and simple.

I don't control the development of 0.4 because I am not a developer myself, and personally, I'm not pleased with the sudden halt in development with no other developers to fall back on, mainly because they all abandoned ship years ago and there's no one else competent enough to take on managing and developing a project as large as VC:MP is. However, I still take solace in the fact that I have the privilege of getting to test and write modules for (yes, beta testers actually do work) 0.4. Again, all I can really do is wait for maxorator to return and test some more.

Good on you, it's nice to see people taking an interest in stuff like this, but please note that advertising third-party multiplayer clients is not allowed. You're in a bit of a grey area now, but actively promoting another client will cause your posts to be removed. That's just how it is.

This isn't help. This is not documentation and this is not a tutorial. This is the source code for RakNet. If you want a completely honest statement out of me, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but when you say that downloading Visual Studio = instant VC:MP multiplayer and that the source code for RakNet, without documentation, is helpful, it comes across as incompetent and ignorant.

On that note, as long as this thread is still alive, please keep the discussion civilized.

i said "hint" Visual studio 2005 or any other bulid from there i figured it out" and then i came back and said try using "try using Visual Studio 2010" also "add the RakNet includes" so i do not understand what i did wrong

its wired every time some one talks about something and it has to do with a new client or server on here or on the other forums its the same people that get butty tickled every time

Storm guy
Fuzzy#
Heeks,Haze - or something like that

you guy don't know how to script "[FUZZY 0.1c don't work] - fail" & "maxo or whatever his name made - almost all the rest of these or something like that" none of them work proper so

let me guess. you guys are just a bunch of kids that took a project a couple years ago and didn't know shit about coding so you made it with hundreds of error and maxo is taking his time while he study's about coding because the SA-MP won't help him because you guys are all dolt's and he is stuck with a fucken error because all he did was script 1 little thing and DIDN'T REBUILD ANYTHING so he didn't take that much time and i bet the reason he hasn't UPLOAD 0.4 BECAUSE IT WON'T COMPILE
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:53:50 am by VS »

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 03:48:50 am »
Yes, maxorator clearly does not understand a thing about programming whatsoever, despite the fact that he programmed 0.4 from scratch. Clearly, 0.4 won't compile, the despite the fact that dozens of builds of 0.4, again, rewritten from scratch by maxorator himself, have been tested repeatedly.

No one said that 0.1c doesn't work at all. We said that it's not compatible and that it has few of the features that VC:MP has in 0.3z. I also don't know why you're saying we have no idea how to script. Shadow, Fuzzy, and I have all released scripts in part or in whole, and if you're referring to C++, that's not a script per se.

If you're going to pull claims out of thin air, at least make them verifiable.

Lastly, the only person I see being "butty tickled" here is you. Calm down. I've already made it clear that this discussion should be civilized to continue any further; those are just forum rules.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:52:13 am by stormeus »

Offline VS

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 10:17:19 am »
ok i apologize i was hella sleepy wen i said that because i had been studying this raknet thing for 2 days str8