Author Topic: VCMP Freezes on GTA VC title screen  (Read 3502 times)

Offline Robd

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
VCMP Freezes on GTA VC title screen
« on: September 30, 2011, 11:09:48 pm »
Upon opening the title screen (the one that looks similar to this)

The game freezes and does nothing else. If I alt-tab out gta-vc.exe closes. My SP had been giving me issues as well. I solved those issues by running the game in compatability mode for windows XP service pack 3 (or two not really sure) I'm running a windows 7 home version PC on an administrator account.

I have done some light searching on the forums but I'm not sure if any of these things partain to my problem. Thank you in advance.

-Side note: when I close vc-mp.exe my computer generates several error messages. If this could be solved I would much appreciate it.
Hello, this is Robd from the past.
If you are seeing this I have either posted something stupid, forgotten something, started a stupid topic, or a combination of the three.

Please forgive us for this mistake.

Regards, management

yazeen

Re: VCMP Freezes on GTA VC title screen
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:37:09 am »
ye its caz you use windows 7 or OS higher than xp. vice city doesn't officialy support windows 7 because it was made before windows 7 was.my san andreas freezes like this on middle of missions i use win 7 then i formatted it to win xp (use windows xp ftw)
ye when closing vc-mp some error message pops use continusly its caz of win 7.

the only solution i know to solve this is get a xp and install a fresh peace of vice city

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • VC:MP Veteran
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 01:40:30 pm »
OMG yes, let's all move back to windows 3.1 better!

Moving to XP is not a solution. XP is now 10 years old and while having Vista, 7 + more Linux versions, it is not worth to go back.

The game freezes and does nothing else.
Using 1.0 exe?

-Side note: when I close vc-mp.exe my computer generates several error messages. If this could be solved I would much appreciate it.
I thought, that you Robd are not a member that have registered here yesterday :o. That's been known for such a long time. Didn't you really read about this issue before?

Offline Scarfacial

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 02:34:51 pm »
ye its caz you use windows 7 or OS higher than xp. vice city doesn't officialy support windows 7 because it was made before windows 7 was.my san andreas freezes like this on middle of missions i use win 7 then i formatted it to win xp (use windows xp ftw)
ye when closing vc-mp some error message pops use continusly its caz of win 7.
It is NOT because of Windows 7, I am using Windows 7 to play SA:MP and VC:MP, and I have never gotten any errors, plus, there is no lagg, even better gameplay.

As for your problem, make sure you do not have any mods installed.

Offline Robd

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 10:00:25 pm »
OMG yes, let's all move back to windows 3.1 better!

Moving to XP is not a solution. XP is now 10 years old and while having Vista, 7 + more Linux versions, it is not worth to go back.

The game freezes and does nothing else.
Using 1.0 exe?

I thought, that you Robd are not a member that have registered here yesterday :o. That's been known for such a long time. Didn't you really read about this issue before?
I know of it, but I haven't seen any solutions. I have actually solved that myself by running it in Windows 98/ME compatability but the game still freezes. Is there any solution to this other than changing my O.S?
Hello, this is Robd from the past.
If you are seeing this I have either posted something stupid, forgotten something, started a stupid topic, or a combination of the three.

Please forgive us for this mistake.

Regards, management