Author Topic: My answer to Stormeus  (Read 2197 times)

Offline TrickVely

• Street Thug
  • We are legion.
    • View Profile

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: My answer to Stormeus
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 06:29:04 am »
Uh... okay.

Let me start off by saying that I'm not even the one who removed your thread, so the whole first 30 seconds of your video is virtually irrelevant to me. Now, stop and listen for a second. Take a good hard look at what you're doing, and how it will affect us in the long term.

In the short term, yes, you gave the community what they wanted -- well, not really. VC:MP 0.4 has been regularly demanded to be released by the community, including by myself. If you think I like sitting here, refusing to release a buggy, incomplete version just because you're tired of waiting, you'd be wrong there. However, like I said, we're now wasting our time trying to figure out what went wrong with security, who you may be (which, "we will never find out"), and running ragged trying to prevent further leaks. Now, what was supposed to be a well-received, barrier-shattering release has been diminished by leaks of builds of subpar quality.

If slowing down development and disparaging the development team is supposed to provide a boost to development, think again. We're all volunteers. We have lives, jobs, and families that come first. Trying to hold development hostage with threats of hacks is more destructive than it is beneficial.

If you're the savior you make yourself out to be, why do you constantly threaten the development team that has been working its ass off to give you what you want? You have repeatedly threaten to nuke this forum from the face of the earth if we don't "cooperate." Why? Please explain how destroying boards with information valuable to scripters and our own developers and beta testers would be beneficial to VC:MP in any way, because no matter how you look at it, it would not be.

I don't even know why this constituted its own video. A personal message or even a regular forum post would've been cool.

That said, I'm not even going to entertain these kinds of threads anymore. If after this you have still lost all rational thought, there's no hope for any actual future conversation.

(P.S. maxorator is not the only developer. There are two other recently active devs as of today.)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:42:18 am by stormeus »
Do not PM me for support.

Offline TrickVely

• Street Thug
  • We are legion.
    • View Profile
Re: My answer to Stormeus
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 06:54:35 am »

You amuse me, little cat.

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran