Author Topic: [Split] Is VC:MP dead?  (Read 62944 times)

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
Re: [Split] Is VC:MP dead?
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2013, 04:31:15 pm »
Yeah I know people have studies but what about us players? Far Cry 3 multiplayer was made by one guy in a month, ontop of that he had school/college/uni. Maybe that game was easier to make a MP mod for but still, look at SAMP. Those games prove you can still create a decent MP mod in your spare time and still have a life. VCMP devs don't visit this mod anymore. A new version hasn't been made in THREE years. There's not going to be a new version, so don't hold your breath and wait for a new release and suddenly hundreds of more people being online.

Offline YaceQ

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Wiseguy
  • DnA4Life!
    • View Profile
    • DnA
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2013, 06:21:11 pm »
Yeah I know people have studies but what about us players?
Have you ever played VC-MP? If yes which servers did you visit, what's your nick in-game? How long have you been playing VC-MP?

Far Cry 3 multiplayer was made by one guy in a month, ontop of that he had school/college/uni. Maybe that game was easier to make a MP mod for but still, look at SAMP. Those games prove you can still create a decent MP mod in your spare time and still have a life.
Do you think before writing? Maybe you don't know it but VC-MP has already been released. Devs found time to make it. Now only one dev left. You can't force him to continue writing game.
Btw, how many people are responsible for SAMP development?

VCMP devs don't visit this mod anymore. A new version hasn't been made in THREE years. There's not going to be a new version, so don't hold your breath and wait for a new release and suddenly hundreds of more people being online.
If you have any problems with VC-MP development fell free to make your own Vice City multiplayer mod. You can code it 24/7 if you want.

And please stop trolling.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 06:32:19 pm by YaceQ »

Offline Hanney

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2013, 06:21:25 pm »
Far Cry 3 already came with multiplayer built in both co-op and some other TDM/DM game modes. Or is there some kind of freeroam multiplayer mode out there somewhere?
<@AdTec_224> so where is this 0.4 source code?
<SFi7z> http://i.imgur.com/NuyRc.jpg
<@AdTec_224> and that is just a picture of the 0.4 chatbox ><
<SFi7z> yes
<@AdTec_224> which can be taken from anywhere
<SFi7z> haha

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2013, 08:00:56 pm »
Yeah I know people have studies but what about us players?
Have you ever played VC-MP? If yes which servers did you visit, what's your nick in-game? How long have you been playing VC-MP?

Far Cry 3 multiplayer was made by one guy in a month, ontop of that he had school/college/uni. Maybe that game was easier to make a MP mod for but still, look at SAMP. Those games prove you can still create a decent MP mod in your spare time and still have a life.
Do you think before writing? Maybe you don't know it but VC-MP has already been released. Devs found time to make it. Now only one dev left. You can't force him to continue writing game.
Btw, how many people are responsible for SAMP development?

VCMP devs don't visit this mod anymore. A new version hasn't been made in THREE years. There's not going to be a new version, so don't hold your breath and wait for a new release and suddenly hundreds of more people being online.
If you have any problems with VC-MP development fell free to make your own Vice City multiplayer mod. You can code it 24/7 if you want.

And please stop trolling.
No trolling, just people like you being overly defensive of a game that is never going to progress. Even if you got 15 professional programmers working on this game like its their job, not many people would join seeing as there are other things out there. But no, 0.4 isn't coming. After 3 years with no new version how can you actually say otherwise.

Hanney there is a Far Cry 3 multiplayter modification as well written in a month by a guy who had school as well.

Offline YaceQ

• Wiseguy
  • DnA4Life!
    • View Profile
    • DnA
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2013, 08:10:20 pm »
I'll just ask again:

Offline Hanney

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2013, 08:34:41 pm »
Hanney there is a Far Cry 3 multiplayter modification as well written in a month by a guy who had school as well.

Link to it please? Want to check it out myself. Plus if that is the case he may have reused the official multilayer code and netcode stuff meaning a lot of the work could have already been done. Plus, completely different games and completely different engines. But I'm no programmer so that's just a wild guess.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:56:37 am by Hanney »
<@AdTec_224> so where is this 0.4 source code?
<SFi7z> http://i.imgur.com/NuyRc.jpg
<@AdTec_224> and that is just a picture of the 0.4 chatbox ><
<SFi7z> yes
<@AdTec_224> which can be taken from anywhere
<SFi7z> haha

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2013, 12:43:36 am »
I'm not sure exactly, I just heard it, but yes it was obviously easier than GTA. But still, this mod isn't going up, at best it will remain at the same level it is now for a while.

Offline Doom

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2013, 07:17:26 am »
Maybe i will get a Perma Ban because

look at SAMP. Those games prove you can still create a decent MP mod in your spare time and still have a life.

What is wrong with you?! You don't like VC:MP, Get lost.
You can't Wait? Get Lost to your Samp and IV:MP
You can't stop advertising SAMP ON Official VCMP Forums... Get lost
Your Trolling around with everyone saying VC:MP Sucks... So Get Lost and leave them in peace

I don't know but i see little bit that nobody now care about 0.4 ( Mostly ) Because they are happy what they have right now, if 0.4 will be released... It will Reach almost Samp, just go read the features and then talk, you think updating from such client to amazing client with awesome synch takes like a month? or year? i won't mind for the next 3 years, I (or we ) Don't have any problem, but if you have then you have doors open to leave the Community Alone.

( I talked with that manner because he is out of control in love of comparing You guys with other MPs to just talk on you and then as an advantage troll with saying "3 YEARS AND NO RELEASE"... )

Offline Fuzzy168

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2013, 07:28:31 am »
Grand Theft Auto Vice City was released in 2002. That time, game engine weren't as good as today. Vice City was considered good at that time. Your comparing the MP of Vice City to other new and modern games like San Andreas, IV and Far Cry. You are also not answering Yaceq's question. I'm sure you haven't played on VC:MP because you don't know a thing about it.

I've checked the SA:MP forums for a user named Glock22 who apparently registered on the SA:MP forums a day earlier than when you registered here. Glock22 on the SA:MP forums also got banned. I wanna know if are you on the SA:MP forums.
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2013, 07:33:49 am »
this mod isn't going up, at best it will remain at the same level it is now for a while.

We welcome constructive criticism. We don't welcome your destructive, repetitive, and meaningless trolling.

If you continue posting as you have been since you even registered, you will be banned. This is not up for debate, and this is your only warning. Shape up your posts or ship out.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 07:37:07 am by stormeus »
Do not PM me for support.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2013, 07:37:04 am »
~Removed after split topic~

Edit: After going through the topic again, I realized you've been comparing 2 different games.. You are comparing a game which has a game engine upgraded from GTA:III and a game that was a whole different concept. What's wrong with you..
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:11:56 am by Fuzzy168 »
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline YaceQ

• Wiseguy
  • DnA4Life!
    • View Profile
    • DnA
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2013, 04:12:44 pm »
I'm not sure exactly, I just heard it, but yes it was obviously easier than GTA. But still, this mod isn't going up, at best it will remain at the same level it is now for a while.
Saying this you failed. If you aren't sure better don't talk. I can say the same that for example 1000 devs together tried to make good MP for Far Cry 3 but they failed even they worked 5 years on it spending all their spare time... And I'm not sure exactly, I just heard it.
If you want to say something like this, make sure you have any evidence.

You are also not answering Yaceq's question. I'm sure you haven't played on VC:MP because you don't know a thing about it.
+1
I'll repeat my questions again:

Offline dynavolt71

• Crime Boss
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2013, 03:33:42 am »
Glock22. Please Stop Your New Topic About New Version of VCMP.
For What Dev Release VCMP For You If You NOT Playing Vcmp.
[PAWNO]Fix Error " Failed to set data for "" " - http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=5743.0

:'(

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2013, 04:31:24 am »
Glock22. Please Stop Your New Topic About New Version of VCMP.

This isn't a "new" thread. It was split from the old thread by me because it addresses a different topic.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline DilsonTB

• Made Man
  • VC:MP Developer. & SA:MP Currently Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2013, 05:37:35 am »
Excuseme but, we need to understand that we CANT COMPARE sa:mp with vc:mp, samp has a lot of principal developpers helping them each other, in our case we just have 1 DEVELOPER, we dont know if he had a familiar problem, or something happent in his life, or he came so tired from study, or he is having some vacations, so please, please, please dont compare those games devs... Maxorator will explain us what happened in this time, the reason of why he wasnt so active, so please respect him and understand him.

Thanks
¬
¬ Actually developing " San Fierro Roleplay - Latino ", with
my beta team testers, Mapper + Scripter ( me ), 18,000
lines, and is 34% finished. hope to finish it in 4 Or 3 Months.

- MYSQL FULL BASED.
- PCU.