Author Topic: Help!!! Anti Hack muti  (Read 8069 times)

Offline BIG[H]

• Made Man
  • Sight of light
    • View Profile
Re: Help!!! Anti Hack muti
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 01:22:46 pm »
it just Floods UPD Ports and Pawn servers cannot handle that ..
Squirrel less affected by Oops crasher.

But back to my server it can squirrel attacked an easy and there are no hosting server, it can not attack ... please help only
Sorry .i Can't Understand what you have typed
Outdoor city server Administrator, FS server owner!

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 09:44:57 am »
About OopsCrasher, I tried it on two servers I own. One is Squirrel and is the Vice Legends TDM server. The other is Pawn and is the Vice Legends A/D server. I ran a packet sniffer while I was doing this. The Pawn server, as you would've expected, crashed. The Squirrel server was still available. Why? This is my theory:

The packets being sent are SAMP packets, which are also compatible with VCMP since they're both made from the same code base as of 0.3z r2. However, the packets that this version of OopsCrasher were sending seem to be invalid packets. The server does not "crash." However, the server will spend eternity trying to read a packet that's not even valid; and the connection is lost.

Squirrel, on the other hand, seems to drop or ignore these invalid packets. This allows it to stay up during an OopsCrasher bombing. While it may not be able to handle a botnet of millions, that's a highly unlikely scenario, so you should be safe from most, if not all, VC:MP DDoS kiddies.

If you couldn't understand that, well, your loss.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline Fuzzy168

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 10:28:24 am »
Squirrel win again.
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline Morphine

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 11:52:29 am »
In simpler words, the Squirrel devs have set anti-crash protection for the Squirrel server. I've been told the same can be done with a bit of hex editing in the Pawn server but it's really not worth it at the moment.