Author Topic: [Split] Is VC:MP dead?  (Read 62862 times)

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • VC:MP Veteran
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
Re: [Split] Is VC:MP dead?
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2013, 01:44:38 pm »
We can't compare SAMP and VCMP? Well, so the question is "can we compare VCMP to anything?".

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2013, 01:18:33 am »
We can't compare SAMP and VCMP? Well, so the question is "can we compare VCMP to anything?".
Nothing really. Liberty Unleashed maybe, but ironically they have one of the best development teams yet one of the worst playerbases.

Offline Ksxs01

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2013, 05:26:50 am »
Saint ... You can decompile the 0.3zr2.exe, so get the source code, but it will not be quite understandable. Find a decompiler
Nullsoft Scriptable Install
MASM32 - TASM32
Bye

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2013, 01:35:49 pm »
Find a decompiler
MASM32 - TASM32

That's not the VC:MP source code. That's the installer source code. The only thing you'll be able to make with it is another installer.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline [Saint]

• Made Man
  • Pawn scripting for SA:MP and VC:MP
    • View Profile
    • vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2013, 02:20:53 pm »
Saint ... You can decompile the 0.3zr2.exe, so get the source code, but it will not be quite understandable. Find a decompiler
MASM32 - TASM32
Bye

Thanks, but no, much easier to work with the source code of vc-mp 0.1

Russian Сommunity

Вступайте в группу: vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer

My profile on sa-mp.com

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2013, 03:17:37 pm »
Thanks, but no, much easier to work with the source code of vc-mp 0.1
That's not the VC:MP source code. That's the installer source code. The only thing you'll be able to make with it is another installer.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2013, 10:40:27 pm »
From my experience: better to create something by your own than using someone's work. It is difficult for me to work with a piece of code that was written "not like I like" ;).

@Glock22: comparing to LU, okay, might be. But we should and even have to compare VCMP to SAMP. Why? I hope I didn't sleep much during history lessons in school :). Both VCMP and SAMP were founded by a group of people, leaded by Kyeman. Also, both projects started at a similar time. VCMP's current version that day was 0.1c with source code released to public (dropping development) and was used as a base for SAMP.

So, both projects have much in common. The only advantage for SAMP had been San Andreas, but not everyone liked that game (even today). I can just imagine that if the VCMP development would be as efficient and effective as SAMP's, with awesome scripting possibilities, we could now have at least hundreds of players online.

Offline [Saint]

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2013, 01:40:47 am »
From my experience: better to create something by your own than using someone's work. It is difficult for me to work with a piece of code that was written "not like I like" ;).

@Glock22: comparing to LU, okay, might be. But we should and even have to compare VCMP to SAMP. Why? I hope I didn't sleep much during history lessons in school :). Both VCMP and SAMP were founded by a group of people, leaded by Kyeman. Also, both projects started at a similar time. VCMP's current version that day was 0.1c with source code released to public (dropping development) and was used as a base for SAMP.

So, both projects have much in common. The only advantage for SAMP had been San Andreas, but not everyone liked that game (even today). I can just imagine that if the VCMP development would be as efficient and effective as SAMP's, with awesome scripting possibilities, we could now have at least hundreds of players online.

that's what I want to do for the whole VC-MP community and i try make it,
just i need more time

I work with the source code vc-mp 0.1 and I make a lot, but since My experience in C++ is still small, I do not know that how to solve some problems that are solved in 0.3, (headshots (bodypart detector) and snipers & rpg weapons for can use it if players online > 1)

all others functions from 0.3 and more other, in now time i added.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:44:12 am by [Saint] »

Russian Сommunity

My profile on sa-mp.com

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2013, 12:11:29 pm »
we could now have at least hundreds of players online.
We already have at least hundreds of players online.  ;)
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2013, 10:55:50 pm »
One hundred is not hundreds :D.
@Saint: good luck then. However, even if your 0.1c based MP is 10 times better than R2, you won't get many players, see the start of VCO. Perfect MP, no crashes (?), tons of functions, maybe not ideal sync. But somehow it failed.

Offline [Saint]

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2013, 12:00:43 am »
One hundred is not hundreds :D.
@Saint: good luck then. However, even if your 0.1c based MP is 10 times better than R2, you won't get many players, see the start of VCO. Perfect MP, no crashes (?), tons of functions, maybe not ideal sync. But somehow it failed.

perhaps you are right and all of the other multiplayer modes I know.

I would not want to create a separate project, I just wanted to join the VC-MP Team and do something for him and for all useful.

I like programming and gta and nothing more in my virtual world =)

especially if you look at in now situation at  moment, when the development of the project has stopped, if you look at the history of the sa-mp develop, then it was a lot of unpleasant things, but the development of the project never stopped, even when kyeman announced the closure of the project due to leaks I highly respect him for what he did, that he gave all of us such things as vc-mp, sa-mp and partially mta

create at new version of which will be better 0.3zr2 from source code 0.1
it is very difficult for me, but I try and I try do it, even if I can not do it, I just get Essential assembly elements of experience and a good knowledge for my teach

I know you do not like the team take new people as do not know what it may turn out for you as well as I know that most European people simply do not like Russian guys. No one chooses where he was born. But we can choose what we can devote themselves.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 12:10:43 am by [Saint] »

Russian Сommunity

My profile on sa-mp.com

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2013, 12:58:08 am »
Create something better than R2 from 0.1c? Good joke :D. 0.1c's sync sucked.

About Russians, we've had a few of them in the beta team so I'm used to them. If you drink vodka, then it's even better :D.

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2013, 01:42:21 am »
The reason I compared VCMP and SAMP is because they are both GTA III era multiplayer games that can BOTH be run on practically any computer. The problem is the VC game engine is extremely outdated, its the GTA III one. Now with games like M2MP coming up and GTA V multiplayer being worked on, what ground does VCMP have to grow on? None. So if no new players are on the way, what does a developer here have to motivate him to improve VCMP?

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2013, 11:05:18 am »
The reason I compared VCMP and SAMP is because they are both GTA III era multiplayer games that can BOTH be run on practically any computer. The problem is the VC game engine is extremely outdated, its the GTA III one. Now with games like M2MP coming up and GTA V multiplayer being worked on, what ground does VCMP have to grow on? None. So if no new players are on the way, what does a developer here have to motivate him to improve VCMP?
It's true that Vice City is outdated. However, from what I see there are some people out there who still have a thing for GTA III era games and you are clearly not one of 'em. If you are a true GTA fan and not some bastard who likes modern games only, you will see that GTA III, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas still have their own beauty. If GTA Vice City was really outdated, will Rockstar even give a damn to release it on IOS devices in the first place? NO!! I see Vice City as a beautiful game. When I had to make a choice between San Andreas and Vice City, I chose Vice City because of its beautiful graphics and scenery which almost resembles my hometown. Plus, there are many mods out there that has enhanced GTA III, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas graphics like ENB and some other mods. Why are you still even pushing and "flaming" the developers and players of VC:MP if you still think GTA III era games are outdated? No one here needs motivational boost by you Glock.
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline sseebbyy

• Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2013, 11:22:36 am »

I think you don't want to understand. If you want to know why we are still playing && scripting in VC:MP, read more times what Haneey already posted. (and why not, the whole topic)

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.