Author Topic: server start paramaters  (Read 2182 times)

Offline gamecp

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
server start paramaters
« on: June 08, 2011, 06:34:52 pm »
Hi

I am wondering if the servers have any start line paramaters? Like

./vcmp.bin -players 16 -exec server.cfg

It seems common that new servers - coded similar to this one - do not have start mode paramaters any more, they rely on server configs. It is important to note that mass hosters dislike settings in server configs as it allows users to easily edit the settings and increase their max players - or change the port. Both are not something any admin would want done.

Software such as what i use can prevent this - but in a round about type of way, not optimal.

An optimal solution is if your server would allow several flags to be set on the startmode. I know its easy to do with c++, java or any standard language.

Please keep this in mind with your future updates if it is not already possible to do such a thing.

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: server start paramaters
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 10:23:04 pm »
Not possible as of 0.3z R2. Should be done, though. I use a custom-made script that auto-restarts the server and overrides the configuration on each start before starting the server, which isn't optimal and raises the number of I/Os that have to be done.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline thijn

• LU testers
  • VC:MP Veteran
  • Im proud to be pro.
    • View Profile
    • Vice Underdogs
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 11:20:16 am »
You can with the Squirrel server tho, +1 for being it added on the official server too.

Offline gamecp

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 03:37:41 pm »
got some more info? im a newb around here