Author Topic: Just Joined  (Read 4931 times)

Offline Tucker

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
Just Joined
« on: December 15, 2013, 12:19:49 am »
Hey guys, I'm Matt Tucker. Well, I used to be a SA-MP player and I was playing it since 2009.. But it got a bit boring and wanted to try out the VC:MP. I am pretty sure you guys have (T)DM/Roleplay/Stunt servers, which I will be glad to join. I'm a 15 years old dude - freezing from coldness.

Well enough introducing; I have some questions regarding VC:MP though which I would be more than happy to be given an answer for. First thing:about scripting.. I have been a SA:MP scripter since early 2012 actually - not a long time - but I made my own (T)DM server from scratch - VIP commands/features - Admin commands/features - And many more. (If anyone wants to talk in details about the script we sure can talk)
So let me get into the point.. I downloaded the windows server pack and found very few files.. and no pawno folder. So, I should be using the one given from SAMP? Along with the same includes?

Second question is about the playerbase; Some people say that the player base is not as high as SA:MP (And I actually like that/less lag) so if possible I would like anyone just give out a number of the player base untill VC downloads.. Also, the servers. Too many? Too low? Decent?

Thanks in advance guys and I hope I am friendly enough.

Regards,
Tucker.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:Another thing, what's a squirrel thing? I never heard of that on SA:MP..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:41:17 am by Tucker »

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Just Joined
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 01:56:42 am »
I have been a SA:MP scripter since early 2012 actually - not a long time - but I made my own (T)DM server from scratch - VIP commands/features - Admin commands/features - And many more. (If anyone wants to talk in details about the script we sure can talk)
So let me get into the point.. I downloaded the windows server pack and found very few files.. and no pawno folder. So, I should be using the one given from SAMP? Along with the same includes?
This isn't something that I had noticed actually, but if this is the case, I really would have to say that it's poor thinking. The answer is you can use the same version of Pawno used by SA:MP, but you would not use the same includes. I would, however, recommend using the Pawno version and includes (especially a_vcmp) used by GUPS:

http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=5081.0

I'll talk to maxorator about including a supported version of Pawno and the a_vcmp include in the server, but since we're in the process of preparing the next version of VC:MP (0.4), it's unlikely that any files for 0.3 will be updated at this point in time.

Second question is about the playerbase; Some people say that the player base is not as high as SA:MP (And I actually like that/less lag) so if possible I would like anyone just give out a number of the player base untill VC downloads.. Also, the servers. Too many? Too low? Decent?
There are a wide variety of servers, but there are also three highly prominent servers that dominate in terms of popularity:
  • Littlewhitey's (deathmatch)
  • XE (deathmatch)
  • Argonath (roleplay)

Thanks in advance guys and I hope I am friendly enough.

Regards,
Tucker.
Glad to have you joining the community! )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:Another thing, what's a squirrel thing? I never heard of that on SA:MP..
Squirrel is a (currently) unofficial language that can be used for VC:MP instead of Pawn, and comes with an alternate server. Squirrel is generally praised for being more straightforward and bug-free, so a lot of the development community focuses on it. It's for that reason that it will be made official with our next release.

The Squirrel scripting community can currently be found here:
http://vcmp.liberty-unleashed.co.uk
Do not PM me for support.

Offline sseebbyy

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 12:34:09 pm »
Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer World, Tucker ! :)

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline Tucker

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 02:50:43 pm »
Thanks you guys for your replies and stormeus, probably you think it's weird that I left SA and went to VC but.. I thing VC is pretty good but not enough players/not so popular.

Thanks a lot, appreciated bro. (:

Offline MatheuS

• Made Man
  • Pawn And Squirrel Scripter
    • View Profile
    • Brazillian Community
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 02:55:12 pm »
Welcome Tucker  ;)

Offline Tucker

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 03:00:07 pm »

boomshineVC

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 04:59:09 am »
Welcome Tucker, I also play SAMP but I love Vice City :P

Offline heekz.shadow

• LU testers
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 07:08:05 pm »
Welcome Tucker, hope you enjoy the mod! ;)
Code: [Select]
[20:23] <habi> later only i heard that lu chatbox is customizable. On my first visit, it appeared ugly.
[20:23] <habi> May be that also be the reason why lu has no players

Offline cola

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 03:56:00 am »
Thanks you guys for your replies and stormeus, probably you think it's weird that I left SA and went to VC but.. I thing VC is pretty good but not enough players/not so popular.

Thanks a lot, appreciated bro. (:
VC>>SA THANKS

Offline Mansoor ali

• Street Thug
  • I'm Back my old account Works! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2013, 02:34:20 pm »
Welcome to the VCMP bro.  ;) I hope you will enjoy ;)

Offline Diaz

• Street Thug
  • www.xe-servers.comĀ www.ulk-gang.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 07:08:54 am »
Welcome to the vcmp world

Offline b00msh1n3VC

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 10:04:57 pm »