Author Topic: Copying server names .. low life guys!  (Read 16661 times)

Offline Karan

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
Re: Copying server names .. low life guys!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 08:20:13 am »
you said you included a RAT(Remote Administration Tool) , with this you can control his/her pc so why don't you just enter in his pc and delete your whole script?

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 10:59:41 am »
you said you included a RAT(Remote Administration Tool) , with this you can control his/her pc so why don't you just enter in his pc and delete your whole script?
Karan did u misread?
I didn't include any RAT in anything.
Its old owner's trick to get targets for fun ( as u know his nature quite well).
Vice City Cops 'n' Robbers is good for an even more relaxed style of gameplay than Argonath.

Offline Klaus_Meine

• Street Thug
  • [EAF]
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 02:34:32 am »
Who exactly is this "raging owner" you speak of? I can only presume who you mean and to get in bed with such a person is solely your mistake, so don't expect the VC:MP developers to clean up after you. It's clearly an internal issue, between you and the unfaithful "raging" owner. If he is an owner like you say, he must have as much right to the name as you do? My advice to you is have better judgment when picking who you work with.

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 02:19:59 pm »
Who exactly is this "raging owner" you speak of? I can only presume who you mean and to get in bed with such a person is solely your mistake, so don't expect the VC:MP developers to clean up after you. It's clearly an internal issue, between you and the unfaithful "raging" owner. If he is an owner like you say, he must have as much right to the name as you do? My advice to you is have better judgment when picking who you work with.
Sorry that i cannot take your quote in points as i'm at mobile.
First , all player know the raged owner .
2nd , that server is hosted by Mr.xxx who in real is [sp]prashanth , who was nothing in my staff.
3rd , that raged ower was not the scripter but just forum owner.
4th you said an owner (who was not scripter, just forum owner n had access to old files ) has rights to start a server with same name then i'll just say "da".
5th its not internal matter , so please stop assuming things and clearout your doubts if you have any.
6th i'm not asking vcmp to clear my things, its a global concern that i raised.
At last i would like to say the same to you , my advice to you is have better judgment when picking who you work with.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 02:51:23 pm by hellboy_vkk »
Vice City Cops 'n' Robbers is good for an even more relaxed style of gameplay than Argonath.

Offline Fuzzy168

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 03:32:46 pm »
This is infact an internal matter between you and this [sp]prashanth. Try contacting him and discuss it.
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 04:15:03 pm »
This is infact an internal matter between you and this [sp]prashanth. Try contacting him and discuss it.
LOL
Hahahaha
And if someone else put the same name then it would be internal matter between me and him?
Hahaha
Cmon ,  give me a break n post after thinking what you are posting.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 05:27:32 pm »
What Klaus and I were meaning is this current matter is an internal matter. We are not meaning future or general. Learn to read.  ;)

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 05:57:08 pm »
you should learn to read first as i clearly mention in my msg to klaus

5th its not internal matter , so please stop assuming things and clearout your doubts if you have any.

:)

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 06:31:56 pm »
You don't understand a shit don't you... Whoever copied your server name is now an internal issue which has nothing to do with the VC:MP community. If you want your users to be notified, post it in your server's forum or something.

Anyway, what you should do right now is stop arguing and try contacting [sp]prashanth. If this fails, try contacting his host. There's no point of settling things here.

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 06:39:09 pm »
You don't understand a shit don't you... Whoever copied your server name is now an internal issue which has nothing to do with the VC:MP community. If you want your users to be notified, post it in your server's forum or something.

Anyway, what you should do right now is stop arguing and try contacting [sp]prashanth. If this fails, try contacting his host. There's no point of settling things here.

LOL , You mean to say that if i copy the server name its my and the original server owner's internal matter? LOL

servers are part of VCMP community and vcmp community should have control over such things and as I had talked to Falcon and Stromeus , they both accepted that its not my  internal matter but VCMP matter .

God , are you posting without thinking anything or what? (no offense but it seems to be the case that you are not using your mind).

Offline Klaus_Meine

• Street Thug
  • [EAF]
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 07:48:06 pm »
its not internal matter its a global concern that i raised
So it's a global concern that two server owners had a falling out? These scripts were not stolen from what I can gather, since technically you gave him your scripts by posting them on a forum you knew he had access to. If you didn't initially trust him with your scripts you wouldn't of done so, am I right? This means that the scripts were not obtained illegally; You also failed to set out any kind of NDA protecting your work. Your mistakes, your problem. It's not a global concern, do you really think the whole community actually cares about your scripts? Your not even an official server..

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 07:59:44 pm »
So it's a global concern that two server owners had a falling out? These scripts were not stolen from what I can gather, since technically you gave him your scripts by posting them on a forum you knew he had access to. If you didn't initially trust him with your scripts you wouldn't of done so, am I right? This means that the scripts were not obtained illegally; You also failed to set out any kind of NDA protecting your work. Your mistakes, your problem.

You are partially right about the raged owner , but the thing i raised is not that my script got stolen or something , the issue i raised up is someone else is using the same name , and by someone else i didn't mean the raged owner .

the one who was hosting that server and was claiming it to be vccnr was not the raged owner .

and about the protection , its already protected as the script which got leaked was 0.1 while we are at 2.0 which is fully debugged and much more advanced version of 0.1.

do you really think the whole community actually cares about your scripts?

READ ABOVE I DIDN'T TALK THAT SOMEONE STOLE MY SCRIPT AND BAN HIS IP COZ HE STOLE MY SCRIPT .

Your not even an official server..

You are official but does not fit into any requirement ,more over its not about being official or not .

At last , try to be good reader and if you cannot understand English tell me  the language you can understand , I will reply in that so that  you don't assume thing and work on your imaginations .

Offline Klaus_Meine

• Street Thug
  • [EAF]
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 08:27:48 pm »
It's an even less of a concern then, I thought due to the hype something actually worth something was being used. All this over a un-copyrighted name? It's not like it's a very original one either.

Offline hellboy_vkk

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 08:35:28 pm »
Once again you proved that you didn't read the topic n posted .
The thing u said about copy right was already raised by stromeus n i had answered him .
Btw , read the topic then reply as I don't want to waste my time repeating the same thing for a bad reader n hoping that he will read it this time.

Btw , which server name is copy righted according to you?

Offline YaceQ

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Wiseguy
  • DnA4Life!
    • View Profile
    • DnA
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 09:22:08 pm »
VC-MP is almost 8 years old. It's FIRST time something like this happened. Nobody ever tried to copy LW/XE/EA/Sky-City server name but these are/were the most popular servers. It's just your private problem that your friend or former admin copied your server name. I don't see a point in making a bot/script/system that'll protect server names, it's waste of time.