Author Topic: Can't connect to own server?  (Read 9812 times)

Offline Fados

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
Can't connect to own server?
« on: October 28, 2007, 10:04:23 pm »
Hey,

I have a problem connecting to my own server. I can run the game fine until I get to the 'Connecting to *IP adress*' part, where it stays forever. I've waited several minutes, and when joining another server that part takes like a second.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Mex

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
Re: Can't connect to own server?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 10:53:00 pm »
If you're running the server on your comp, make sure you are connecting to 127.0.0.1 in the client.
If your using a different computer but same network, make sure you are connecting to that computers Internal IP.

Also make sure your server is running, as this can cause the hang.
And make sure you have entered the corrent password, if you have one.

Offline Fados

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 11:28:31 pm »
Omg, I can't believe it was so simple. The problem was that typoed the password. I expected it to tell me the password was wrong before it even ran the game, but apparently it didn't. Thanks a bunch! :D

Edit.
I ran into another problem. I added my IP and port to favorites, and I see my server there, and it works good. Then my friend added my ip and port, but he can't see the server, it just says "Retrieving info". We have the same versions so that can't be. Any ideas what could be wrong?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:32:24 pm by Fados »

Juppi

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 12:26:00 am »
You are not using 127.0.0.1 now, arent you...?

And make sure that vcmp-svr.exe isnt blocked by a firewall or other application.

Offline Mex

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 12:47:24 am »
Also make sure your friend adds your External IP (found at the top of this page)
As only you should add 127.0.0.1

You may need to open port/s if you have a router, which you can find out how to do here
You will need to open your ListenPort which is specified in your config.ini file, default it 5192.

Offline Fados

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 04:40:33 pm »
My friend added my external IP adress to the favorites list but it still says "Retreiving Info" :/. I don't have a router and the port is set to the default (:5192). I have an ADSL modem though, but that shouldn't make any difference, right?

I also changed the previously added IP to 127.0.0.1 now.

Thanks anyway. Unless you got any other suggestions. :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 02:56:55 pm by Fados »