Author Topic: Resolution increase option is disabled in Display Menu  (Read 3864 times)

Offline SharpzSh00t3R141

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
Resolution increase option is disabled in Display Menu
« on: December 31, 2011, 11:32:22 pm »
(Vice City Multi-Player 03.z)  - When i open Vice City Multiplayer i see 2 Black rectangular lines on both left and right sides of my screen. When i open "Options > Display" it currently says 640x480x16 in a dimmed, faded text. I cannot change it. Yet, when i open Vice City single player, it isn't dimmed. Which means i can simply change it to what ever i wish. I'd like to change it to 1280x768x32. Is there any program i can use to force it into full screen. I think having a small, tiny screen could be straining both my Gameplay and my computer which could maybe be linked to the game crashing every 15 minutes. Overall, my ping is fairly good (Average 90) don't u think. Thanks to anyone who is about to reply to this ! :)

Offline Force

• LU Developer
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
Re: Resolution increase option is disabled in Display Menu
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 01:08:58 am »
Just load up single player and change it? :/

Offline SharpzSh00t3R141

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 01:17:19 am »
I loaded Vice City single player and changed it already. It had no effect on Multiplayer.

Offline Morphine

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 01:21:46 am »
n e v e r m i n d m y s t u p i d i t y
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 04:12:28 am by Morphine »

Offline Hanney

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 03:42:13 am »
If your using Windows Vista/7 and you are running vc-mp.exe in compatibility mode so that an infinite flood of errors don't start popping up all over your screen when you are closing the server browser then that could be the reason why.  Compatibility mode forces the game to run in 640 x 480 resolution as a side effect. So if you have a widescreen monitor which is designed for 16:9 resolutions and is being forced into a 4:3 resolution (640x480) then that's why the black cut off points are at both sides of the screen. There is two solutions for this.

• You could just uncheck compatibility mode on the vc-mp browser and instead of closing it as normal you could kill the process in Task Manager (that would stop the errors from popping up).

You could also try VRocker's custom browser which has fixed that error when you close it but you have to sacrifice some features from the original browser e.g you can't right click on a server on the Internet list and add it to favourites you have to write down the IP in notepad or somewhere then go to the favourites tab and add it from there.
Here's the topic for VRocker's browser: http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=1350.0
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:47:26 am by Hanney »
<@AdTec_224> so where is this 0.4 source code?
<SFi7z> http://i.imgur.com/NuyRc.jpg
<@AdTec_224> and that is just a picture of the 0.4 chatbox ><
<SFi7z> yes
<@AdTec_224> which can be taken from anywhere
<SFi7z> haha

Offline Sephiroth

• Wiseguy
  • www.xe-servers.com www.ulk-gang.com
    • View Profile
    • ULK - United Legion of Killers
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 10:27:34 am »
I used to have the same issue when I started using compatability mode.

The thing that worked for me is putting both gta-vc.exe AND vc-mp.exe into the same compatibility mode. This will allow the settings file to be accessed and written to so you can keep your sp settings in MP

high quality signature
[03:49] <%Stormeus> I picked up PHP when I was around 10

Offline OutlawZ

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 03:39:08 pm »
I Ran the gta-vc.exe in "Windows 98/Me" compatibility mode.

I have faced this issue too.. just move from compatibility mode and your resolution will be fixed..
about error floods, just hold enter and you're done :P
or use vrocker's browser
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:43:25 pm by OutlawZ »