Author Topic: Get more people in the VC:MP Developers Team  (Read 54425 times)

Offline MatheuS

• Made Man
  • Pawn And Squirrel Scripter
    • View Profile
    • Brazillian Community
Re: Get more people in the VC:MP Developers Team
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2013, 08:49:51 pm »
good developer!  8)

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • VC:MP Veteran
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2013, 11:23:16 pm »
I personally don't know C++, because I hate the coding style, looks like it was made for geeks, really ;D. I prefer something more user-friendly like PHP or Squirrel. But doesn't mind, offtop.

And about C++ and reverse engineering... Even if you know C++, this doesn't make you a candidate to get a "developer seat". R.E. is definitely much more difficult, I still don't get it after a few years in the modding community :D.

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 01:35:59 am »
I personally don't know C++, because I hate the coding style, looks like it was made for geeks, really ;D. I prefer something more user-friendly like PHP or Squirrel. But doesn't mind, offtop.

And about C++ and reverse engineering... Even if you know C++, this doesn't make you a candidate to get a "developer seat". R.E. is definitely much more difficult, I still don't get it after a few years in the modding community :D.
How did you learn Squirrel by the way?

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2013, 02:58:28 am »
@Glock22: I started learning it shortly after Vrocker's VCMP Squirrel Server was released. There weren't any sample scripts around like now, so I had to dig the VC Squirrel Wiki and the official squirrel documentation (this was more boring). But I liked it, because the code syntax was very friendly ;D.

Offline Doom

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2013, 06:27:57 am »
@Glock22: I started learning it shortly after Vrocker's VCMP Squirrel Server was released. There weren't any sample scripts around like now, so I had to dig the VC Squirrel Wiki and the official squirrel documentation (this was more boring). But I liked it, because the code syntax was very friendly ;D.

Offtopic: Totally agree, Squirrel is very nice and easy language to learn, it took too long for me to learn pawn but it took too less time for me to just realize how squirrel works and learned it.

Ontopic: So that means this is the end for vcmp at 0.3z r2? Maxorator ain't coming back, New developers are not available, so what do you see the future of vcmp? of course Death at 0.3z_R2 IF! maxo don't come back

Offline [Saint]

• Made Man
  • Pawn scripting for SA:MP and VC:MP
    • View Profile
    • vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2013, 08:57:14 am »
a very interesting topic....

who is responsible for the site and forum, as well as a master server VC-MP?

Russian Сommunity

Вступайте в группу: vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer

My profile on sa-mp.com

Offline heekz.shadow

• LU testers
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2013, 12:26:14 pm »
Thought community might want to hear it,

maxorator is not completly inactive, I was able to talk to him lately and he also helped me with VC stuff ( not VC:MP, VC mem addresses and stuff ).

I won't tell where I talked to him, because everyone will then spam him.
Code: [Select]
[20:23] <habi> later only i heard that lu chatbox is customizable. On my first visit, it appeared ugly.
[20:23] <habi> May be that also be the reason why lu has no players

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2013, 01:23:39 pm »
Thought community might want to hear it,

maxorator is not completly inactive, I was able to talk to him lately and he also helped me with VC stuff ( not VC:MP, VC mem addresses and stuff ).

I won't tell where I talked to him, because everyone will then spam him.

Meanwhile, the beta team hasn't even managed to get a hold of him. ::)
Do not PM me for support.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2013, 12:13:35 pm »
I recently downloaded the 0.1c source code for fun. I wanted to see what reverse engineering and all the other stuff were. However, all I see are you need RakNet, advance knowledge of C++ and Direct3D.. Am I missing something?
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2013, 01:47:11 pm »
I recently downloaded the 0.1c source code for fun. I wanted to see what reverse engineering and all the other stuff were. However, all I see are you need RakNet, advance knowledge of C++ and Direct3D.. Am I missing something?

No, because those are primitive versions of VC:MP with capabilities that are far from advanced in today's standards. 0.4 and LU have extensive codebases that hook into more of the rendering hooks and callbacks of VC:MP, such as the ability to detect when an object is shot or when a player walks into an object. LU's current beta gets even more advanced by rewriting parts of the RenderWare engine in GTA III.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2013, 03:46:18 pm »
Oh.. So, it there anything the 0.1c code can do besides rivaling the 0.4 or 0.3z version?

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2013, 03:48:53 pm »
Oh.. So, it there anything the 0.1c code can do besides rivaling the 0.4 or 0.3z version?

I hear it has some pretty cool error messages.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2013, 03:52:13 pm »
Error messages?

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2013, 11:01:52 pm »
There are not lots of people who knows C++ this day.
Project Redivivus, (GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC continued development), IV:MP, and LU all have the same problem. We don't even have enough people to share devs across the teams, so even that idea is out. If more people learned C++ and understood how to reverse engineer GTA, as Storm mentioned, then a lot of progress could be made throughout the communities. The major problem is that the few who aren't involved in a project already [that are capable] are too busy with real life to help out. There is also a major lack of shared information about GTA's internal workings between the modding communities. If more were shared, they could all benefit from each other, and more progress could be made. This would create competition amongst fanboys, and cooperation amongst devs, which drives the community back to life.

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2013, 01:19:09 am »
SugarD, you're right. But an IV:MP developer doesn't have much to offer a MTA:III developer for example.