Author Topic: [Split] Is VC:MP dead?  (Read 62298 times)

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • VC:MP Veteran
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
Re: [Split] Is VC:MP dead?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 03:57:43 pm »
@heekz.shadow: did you contact max by MSN or something similar? I think the beta team tried to contact him that way.

@Glock22: do you mean SA:MP or SA in general? ;D

Btw. I like to read "we made progress and soon something happens". I'm reading this for a few years now ;). Many people left VCMP few years ago and said "we come back, when 0.4 is released", hoping, that it will be available to download within the next months. And, while this didn't happen, they won't come back at all.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 05:32:10 pm »
How 'bout couple of pictures of some testing??
You make it sound like you're trying to imply that we're lying.. Anyhow there's not much to test right now, also no one said we are testing anything at this very moment. Believe me, we've made progress and more is to come like Stormeus clearly stated.
It's not that I don't believe that progress are being made.. I just wanted to see what else I/We can expect from 0.4
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 06:02:23 am »
@ NC I'd say both really. The SA storyline was fun in 2011 when I got it but I don't usually replay games, at least not more than several times.

I honestly wonder why people are even concerned for a 0.4 release. VC isn't a good game these days, you might as well upgrade to SAMP if you still think these older games are fun, but I'd move up to some real games. IVMP, Mafia II, etc

Offline GTA Fiji City

• Street Thug
  • Speech is Silver, Silence is Gold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 07:59:21 am »
@ NC I'd say both really. The SA storyline was fun in 2011 when I got it but I don't usually replay games, at least not more than several times.

I honestly wonder why people are even concerned for a 0.4 release. VC isn't a good game these days, you might as well upgrade to SAMP if you still think these older games are fun, but I'd move up to some real games. IVMP, Mafia II, etc
then please get lost, this is a forum dedicated to Vice City Multiplayer.
VC:MP is quite good/fine with player counts. Still quite a lot of players play this game because of: nostalgia, good memories, friends, etc. on this Mod. But the only game that i think that's not doing quite well but is always updated every few months or so, is Liberty Unleashed (GTA III). But you could make your own changes. If your good at C++, make some Modules of your own and connect it to your VC:MP Squirrel Server (Provided you use the SDK from Liberty Unleashed).
- [MK]VCS

Proud MK trainee, VC:MP player since 2011. PsyShell Manager. Zombie-Invasion, Avengers City, OutDoor-City & Zero's Server Administrator.

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 10:25:13 am »
Yeah I know about Liberty Unleashed as well lol. It's pretty bad, I assume they only update it because they enjoy programming, I don't think they actually believe one day LU will have thousands of players and servers like SAMP. I don't know why the developers from LU and VCMP don't just work on a project that has a future: GTA IVMP, Mafia 2MP, GTA 5MP. Those are the games that could have thousands like SAMP does.

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 03:23:27 pm »
@Glock22: that's what I thought, some players don't like SAMP, because they don't like SA at all ;). But hate it or not, MTA:SA's highest player count is more than 9k and while writing this post, SA:MP is being player by more than 47k, so combined it's 56k! VCMP's 100-200 players online is nothing comparing to that.

Why do people want 0.4? I think @GTA Fiji City wrote some good reasons. "VC isn't good" is ofc. just your opinion ;). VC was my first "own" GTA game (played it first on 640x480 with lagging fps, but loved it ;) ) and so I will still support it. What do you say about Counter Strike? This game is old, the graphics are, let's say the truth, horrible, comparing to modern games, but it's still one of the most recognized game in gaming history & played by thousands of players.

And about LU, it's a really pity, that it's played just by a small amount of people. The main reason why it's not as popular as SAMP or even VCMP is... VC. VC is very similar to GTA3, but has a lot more possibilities (and motorbikes :D ), so if you have to choose one of two very similar games, but one of them has definitely more to offer, what would you choose? It's obvious, that you choose VC. Unless you are a GTA3 lover ;). Plus, LU was quite late released. After MTA:3 died, there was no MP for GTA3, so players either moved to VCMP or left.

Offline Darfy

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 03:29:58 pm »
Yeah I know about Liberty Unleashed as well lol. It's pretty bad, I assume they only update it because they enjoy programming, I don't think they actually believe one day LU will have thousands of players and servers like SAMP. I don't know why the developers from LU and VCMP don't just work on a project that has a future: GTA IVMP, Mafia 2MP, GTA 5MP. Those are the games that could have thousands like SAMP does.
All you do is blabber about how many players SA-MP has and that we should move on well has it ever occurred to you that maybe we don't want to be like SA-MP? VC-MP has always played the smaller role and it always will, that's a fact and you've just got to start living with that. What annoys me the most is your false vision about that it requires thousands of players to make a good multiplayer mod, well just for your info it doesn't. Like GTA Fiji City said most people play it because of the nostalgia, good memories and because of the small but unique community we've got. That's what separates us from SA-MP and that's what keeps people motivated to play, to this day. I won't expect you to understand what I'm talking about as you've just settled here and so I dare to say you haven't seen the other half of VC-MP.

Anyway, I believe you've already made you point clear so enough with this subject..

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 04:57:25 pm »
Hey, we all have our opinions, there's no need to get upset because of a game. But it's pretty clear the people who are supposed to be developing the mod no longer care, and a good possibility for that is simply because they're tired of an extremely outdated game.

Offline Doom

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 08:45:42 pm »
Hey, we all have our opinions, there's no need to get upset because of a game. But it's pretty clear the people who are supposed to be developing the mod no longer care, and a good possibility for that is simply because they're tired of an extremely outdated game.

I still sense the retard thinking who is not praising what we have right now, dude everyone is blaming you stop the non sense, we don't care now if 0.4 is gonna come or not, like the others said we have friends, communities and memories so i don't care of 0.4 now.  :) ;)

Offline Darfy

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 08:46:09 pm »
I'm not upset really, as you're new here I just wanted to point out there's much more to VC-MP than meets the eye and that it's silly to judge VC-MP just by the first impression. Things aren't that black and white.

San Andreas was released only about 2 years after Vice City so doesn't it make San Andreas outdated game too? Yet it's alive and kicking and developed regularly. And yes, of course we've lost a few developers along the years, and yes probably because they've just got tired of VC-MP, but so has SA-MP. The only difference is that due to our way smaller community it's not so easy to recruit new developers to continue the work. SA-MP never had that problem and that is also what people must understand.

Sorry if you found my post somehow offensive but like [AoD]NC brought up the comparison with Counter Strike things really are not always that obvious.

Offline [Saint]

• Made Man
  • Pawn scripting for SA:MP and VC:MP
    • View Profile
    • vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 12:49:21 am »
I'm not upset really, as you're new here I just wanted to point out there's much more to VC-MP than meets the eye and that it's silly to judge VC-MP just by the first impression. Things aren't that black and white.

San Andreas was released only about 2 years after Vice City so doesn't it make San Andreas outdated game too? Yet it's alive and kicking and developed regularly. And yes, of course we've lost a few developers along the years, and yes probably because they've just got tired of VC-MP, but so has SA-MP. The only difference is that due to our way smaller community it's not so easy to recruit new developers to continue the work. SA-MP never had that problem and that is also what people must understand.

Sorry if you found my post somehow offensive but like [AoD]NC brought up the comparison with Counter Strike things really are not always that obvious.

if maxorator, does not want or can no continue developing
VC-MP, you can give have try it for other people.

I could continue to developing but i need source code of vc-mp 0.3z r2 and I would like to do it, I'm not saying that 0.4 is due out today or tomorrow, but it's been so many years and there are no updates, VC-MP 0.3z R2 PAWN server is much worse SQ server from VRocker, you do not like to discuss SQ server from VRocker here referring to the fact that he did not official, although during this time, all the official VC-MP use SQ server from VRocker, what the fuck?

do you suggest people use the SQ server from VRocker as it has more functionality in place to release the update for PAWN server .....

I program in the language PAWN c 2007 for various SA-MP servers and SQ teach language I do not have any desire!
I'd rather learn C + + language that I prefer ...

in spite of my recent registration date here, I'm in the world of GTA-MP for a long time, I tested VC-MP 0.3 for several years, even with my little experience programming in C + +, I could easily fix all of which have to current errors, as well as add a few new features!

As proof of his words, I'll show you some screenshots of my work

is a VC-MP 0.1 edit by me

http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=5334.0

+ it

but to work with the source code VC-MP 0.1 is very hard, it has too many bugs, I need more time to fix them all, but none menie I already fixed most of them in spite of its little experience in C + +, the I do not have a lot of knowledge, but I have a great desire!

I also managed to introduce language PAWN for the server-side VC-MP 0.1 but at this moment it is not working consistently ((

if you do not take any action on development and for  all VC-MP Communities, I will continue to develop my version and eventually, as soon as my version is better than the VC-MP 0.3z I will do for the public release of the VC-MP community, I do care about people's opinions and I'm tired just wait .... We waited so many years and to which all lead?

anyway I said everything I wanted...

please sorry for my bad English...

Russian Сommunity

Вступайте в группу: vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer

My profile on sa-mp.com

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2013, 07:17:16 am »
Those past screens by Strike and others are the an upgrade from the 0.3z R2 source code.. The current 0.4 source code is rewritten from scratch.. So it is literally years of work gone but for a better version. The people of VC:MP are small yet they want big things, the 0.3z code just can't handle it. Maxorator has taken a big risk and started from scratch to give us more, is that not enough?
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline Doom

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2013, 01:37:59 pm »
Seriously, saint is working very hard, so lets see,

Saint you are tired of waiting, Suppose ( JUST SUPPOSE ) now we all leave maxorator that he is trolling with us and is keeping us wait for danm years, now we all want you to create a client which:

1. Has perfect synch.
2. Every single type of function available according to game ( like the special texts during missions, bla bla, npc bots etc )
3. an Awesome chat box
4. a super duper bug free client ( wallbugs, stubby glitch etc fixed )
5. Have the ability to create objects

and even more such as police maverick's  bottom light etc, in just 1 - 3 weeks or wait 1 month can you do it?

"Doom gtfo man are you serious?! " that would come in your mind no? So we can just wait only... and if you can't you can still develop your own client and keep playing in it forever alone, or maybe few kids with you?  :-X

Offline [Saint]

• Made Man
  • Pawn scripting for SA:MP and VC:MP
    • View Profile
    • vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2013, 03:03:18 pm »
Doom, if you do not understand what I'm talking about, you are very stupid person....

Now I will try you and everyone else explain current the situation....

Current problems:

1 and the most important, game chat does not support Multi-Language, only English characters.

because of this problem many of my friends, with whom I played SA-MP, and other on-line games, simply refused to play in VC-MP.

if solution to this problem is increase the number of players on each server, as well as the number of servers.

2 fucking command /c prefix

3 Only Static Pick-Ups

4 Only Static Vehicles

5 not support CheckPoints and RaceCheckPoint

6 not support Objects

it all actual problems...

Actions sync in version 0.3z R2 me and many other players are completely satisfied ...

OnFoot sync in 0.3z better than sa-mp, evidence of this, head shots....

The solution to all these problems not will take a long time, but all this will increase all VC-MP Сommunity.

Over the three years after the release of version 0.3z R2, all these problems can be corrected and release BugFix Update for 0.3z R2 called 0.3z R3 and easy to develop version 0.4 even more over the years....

and since there is no action from the VC-MP Team, more people to think that the VC-MP is dead, but why play in dead game?

if the development team has released the update, the people that create servers (game modes for servers) was much more opportunity to give the players a lot of interesting things: for example: Real Role Play and RPG server, Race, Missions and Mini-Missions and more other....

and the current version is only good for 0.3z DM and nothing more.

I tell the truth, it's obvious things that really should think if we all go save the VC-MP.

When i tell people the truth especially in places like here, you just ignore it, if you do not understand, I have nothing more to add.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:07:39 pm by [Saint] »

Russian Сommunity

Вступайте в группу: vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer

My profile on sa-mp.com

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2013, 03:07:12 pm »
there is no action from the VC-MP Team

nope