Author Topic: VC:MP Is Stale  (Read 4870 times)

Offline SalVerano

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
VC:MP Is Stale
« on: October 01, 2014, 03:05:08 am »
Hi, this is just an opinion thread and some people may agree or disagree with me on this but here are some problems I have found on VCMP after playing it for a day. The biggest problem with VCMP is the fact that basically all of the servers are DM only which can only be fun for a little while. Second, since these servers are only DM, I always get killed and spawn on the other side of the map where there are no other players. And that leads me to the third issue. No other players. Now, some people may say that it's because the mod has been out for a long time and people move on to other games BUT I have been playing SAMP for 2 years now and I still play it to this day since there is a RP server on it that keeps me interested. Also, with GTA 5 coming to PC in January, the already low playerbase will shrink even further. So, I am going to call it quits for this game. It's nice that somebody made a mod that brought this game online, but with nothing to do, that just makes VCMP stale.

Offline thijn

• LU testers
  • VC:MP Veteran
  • Im proud to be pro.
    • View Profile
    • Vice Underdogs
Re: VC:MP Is Stale
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 12:08:15 pm »
Do you really think people that play VCMP have a decent enough PC to run GTA 5? lol. You clearly don't know what the majority of the playerbase consists of.

Yes, VCMP is full of DM servers at the moment. Mainly because they're the easiest to script.

Offline Honey.

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 12:56:51 pm »
Do you really think people that play VCMP have a decent enough PC to run GTA 5? lol. You clearly don't know what the majority of the playerbase consists of.

Yes, VCMP is full of DM servers at the moment. Mainly because they're the easiest to script.

That should not be considered as a truth.Scripting a NoN-DM server is easy unless you don't have the right IQ level for it.

Offline thijn

• LU testers
  • Im proud to be pro.
    • View Profile
    • Vice Underdogs
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 08:03:54 pm »

That should not be considered as a truth.Scripting a NoN-DM server is easy unless you don't have the right IQ level for it.
An RPG server requires a lot more work before you can actually properly play on it. Our old GameSparks script had 100 times more lines of code then any released DM script at that time. And no, that wasn't because it had a lot of white spaces or anything.

I said hard, I actually should've said more work. You're right, once you know how to script nothing is really hard anymore. It just requires work and time.

Offline SalVerano

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 05:39:30 am »
Well there has been enough "work and time" to make a VCMP RP Server possible due to the amount of time the MP mod has been around. DMing is the most boring mode in any game.

Offline S.L.C

• Street Thug
  • Sorry if you weren't impressed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 09:18:23 am »
Well there has been enough "work and time" to make a VCMP RP Server possible due to the amount of time the MP mod has been around. DMing is the most boring mode in any game.

Well... If you're familiar with the the saying:

Then I challenge you to script a game mode that will entertain you and it's better then what everyone else created. Maybe then you'll see why there's only DM :D

Offline Honey.

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 09:25:48 am »

As i already stated, Making a RPG Server is not hard but, the problem for me while scripting is that I Lack Ideas.I'm sure that if you start scripting you'll be lacking ideas as well.

2.Most of VCMP players like to stunt & DM.I advise you to try Extreme Fighting Era or Ethical DM.They both contain stunts and DM.If you a want a Anti-DM server try Vice City Cops And Robbers.It is a RPG server where you can role play as a robber or a cop and many other jobs too.

Offline SalVerano

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 06:31:58 am »
There are plenty of ideas. If LSRP can do it for SAMP, then somebody else can so a similar or better job with VCMP

Offline sseebbyy

• Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 11:53:37 am »
There are plenty of ideas.

^right.

Idea comes in mind only if you enjoy scripting that gamemode. ;)

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.