• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

need help for a script

Started by [DGC]Doomer, January 13, 2010, 12:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[DGC]Doomer

well i want to make a script for my server which you must use
!bank for example to create a marker (maybe dark red , or black dot on map (like the player ones)) then the newer players to vc (i have got many friends that started to play vcmp) can get there easily , and then when they touch the marker/pickup , the marker will delete itself. But the big problem is, i dont know how i can do this. which commands i need to use , which parameters , any new aliases?

Script base: FBS / mIRC

Skirmant

I have a hard time understanding what you said... I guess you want this command.

elseif ($3 == bank) vcmp.setmarker $1 1 vcmp.location($1,$2).x vcmp.location($1,$2).y vcmp.location($1,$2).z

1 is the marker id. It can be from 1 to 30, but not any higher I think.
I know advance mIRC, average C++, basic Pawn & Squirrel, very basic Java Script.

[DGC]Doomer

and how i can remove it later , if the player reaches the bank

Skirmant

Well there is a way to remove a marker since FBS uses the Vrockers DLL. Never tried it though.

Add this near the other aliases.

alias vcmp.removemarker !return $dll( " $+ $scriptdirvcmp.dll $+ ", RemoveMarker, $1- )

Then make a timer that detects if you're in the bank.

It should work something like this vcmp.removemarker $1 1

I know advance mIRC, average C++, basic Pawn & Squirrel, very basic Java Script.

[DGC]Doomer

and only one question left:

whats this?:

alias vcmp.setplayermarker !return $dll( " $+ $scriptdirvcmp.dll $+ ", SetPlayerMarker, $1- )

Skirmant

Its used to set a players icon color on the mini map.

[DGC]Doomer

should i use it like this

vcmp.setplayermarker $1 1 %x %y %z  ?

Skirmant

No its vcmp.setplayermarker $1 $2 1

1 can be from 0 to 11.

[DGC]Doomer

thijn

it just sets the color of the dot you see on your radar.

[DGC]Doomer

which dot? the one of other players or what?

Skirmant

Its the player dot on the map. You can't see the color of your dot, only of others.