Author Topic: [Patched] Invalid Death Reason  (Read 2343 times)

hh1729

[Patched] Invalid Death Reason
« on: August 28, 2013, 06:31:04 am »
Description
Most of you have noticed that entering vehicles or buildings (in 0.3) will stop the fire. Throw some motolov cocktails and get yourself in fire. Then ran to a vehicle and enter it to stop the fire. Now donot get out of the vehicle. Go and hit some where and explode. It say player burned to death. But commiting suicide inside the vehicle or drowning won't cause such invalid message. Just hit and explode.

/*And one more thing i would like to say. this is my second post this day so i am tired of creating post. Listen to me*/
Get in a car and boost jump. Try for sometime by crossing a sea or whatever. you sometimes can see a ghost or something (ah i remember, a thing which comes as a bug when you set skin in 0.3 ) flying above your car in air.

Reproducible
Yes

What do you think caused the bug?
I think the bug is the brother of the old bug. when a player got a shot from other player and he escapes in vehicle and if the vehicle explode, it says the old player killed him (At the time of explosion the so called killer may be a 10 mile away :) )
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:59:16 pm by maxorator »

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Invalid Death Reason
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:04:53 am »
In the future, please make a new thread for EACH bug instead of combining them into one thread. It makes it harder to track bugs and get details about them.
Do not PM me for support.

hh1729

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 05:18:52 pm »
About the Ghost Bug
Below is the screenshot of the Ghost Bug i told you. This time it appeared that the ghost player same as my player skin appeared above my car.

Similar type of things have been observed while setting a skin and entering a vehicle simultaneously. (in 0.3)

Video
In the beginning of the video, note that i was unable to get into the vehicle--i was automatically ejected (an issue which was believed to be patched earlier). And see the a kind or projection or something of my actor above the air when i am boost jumping.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 01:23:08 pm by hh1729 »

Offline sseebbyy

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 10:48:42 am »
Ah... these 2 minutes were so long X_X

By the way, the important part is from 1:20 .

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.