• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

How to add skins/vehicles into the configuration file

Started by VercettiG, June 30, 2007, 06:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

Quote from: GIG on July 08, 2007, 12:37:18 AM
I found a weapon which is a single rocket without any icon in the weapondisplay. It's ID numer is 273. How can I shoot with it. It's possible. I shot a rocket one time, but I don't know how I did this.
Hope you can help.

Ps: Thanks for the lists.
It would not be synced even if you did shoot it, but with VCMP 0.4 things like this will hopefully be synced.

GIG

This rocket is different, it is announced in the weapon id's that it works with the multiplayer (the real rocketlauncher isn't supported). Is this a rocket of the Hunter maybe ???

Ps. It's the number 16 in the weapons list which you gave to me (the one with the pictures)

Aaron

Quote from: GIG on July 08, 2007, 09:36:52 AM
This rocket is different, it is announced in the weapon id's that it works with the multiplayer (the real rocketlauncher isn't supported). Is this a rocket of the Hunter maybe ???

Ps. It's the number 16 in the weapons list which you gave to me (the one with the pictures)
Yeah, tried it last night when I try to shoot it makes a clicking sound and it's a rocket in my players hand, yeah it's the Hunters rocket. Just a weird weapon model.

Winky

When you make a molotov kill it always returns to the flamethrower.
so thats weird to

Aaron

Quote from: Winky on July 08, 2007, 11:50:21 PM
When you make a molotov kill it always returns to the flamethrower.
so thats weird to
Yeah, I've noticed that. Probably happens because the both deaths are from fire, If the devs can't fix that they should change it to (Fire) .

GIG

That's not such a big problem. All right it is not correct, but the most important thing is that you made a kill  ;D.

GIG

I got a question about creating your own server. Yesterday I tried to add more cars to the general config.ini (which you get by downloading the server). I added the BF Injection and 2 Sandkings (and some weapons and armour). After I started my server there where long loadings (30 seconds and more) between the islands. So I took off the cars and just put the  weapons and the health in the config data. Now everything worked fine. Now my question is there a limit off cars you can place on your server and is this already reached inthe downloaded config.ini. Or is the problem caused by the type of cars I inserted, because I haven't seen them on any other server. If this is so which cars can I insert or can I insert any car by taking one of the existing cars out of the config.ini ???

Aaron

Yeah there is a limit and it looks like you've reached it. So when you try to add more cars just remove one then add the new one.

bakasan

we reccomend around 180 total cars max (above that, u take ur chances)

GIG

Oh well I have 213 now which is alot more. So I have to kick out some cars. Should there be a problem while adding the Hotring racer ???

Aaron

Quote from: GIG on July 10, 2007, 01:00:41 PM
Oh well I have 213 now which is alot more. So I have to kick out some cars. Should there be a problem while adding the Hotring racer ???
Nope.

GIG

It's interesting: remote detonation granates just chrash the server if the player has them already as a standard weapon. If you place them as a pickup and collect them afterwards everything works fine. They are not syncroned, but you can use them if you know how. You have to know that for the other player if you throw one of these granats away it seems to them as if you would just let it fall before your feets. So you juste have to remeber your position where you stand while you dropped the granate and if someone walks over this position while you press the detonation button he will blow up nicely  ;D.

capitanazo

adamale

GIG

Only weapon pickups and suitcase and money pickups. Nothing like explosion-barrels or something like that.