• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Installation Help

Started by banner420, February 13, 2011, 05:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banner420

ok heres my problem, when i try to install vcmp, it asks me to choose a path...well, the default path is c:/rockstargames/vicecity blah blah blah but with windows 7, the path needs to be changed to "c:/programfiles(86x)/ blah blah...well, when i chose my vice city path for windows 7, i get errors when installing and vcmp doesnt install...but, heres something i noticed that i think might be assoicated with the problem, there is a folder called "data" that comes with vcmp, there is also a folder called 'DATA" that comes standard with the regular vice city installation....if vcmp has to be in the same folder as the game itself, how do i get it in there when there are 2 data folders colliding with each other?

if i install with the default path c:/programfiles....etc it installs fine, but it loads single player when picking servers cause its not in the vice city folder..but i cant install it there because theres 2 folders called data that make the install impossible....PLEASE HELP!!!!!! :(