• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

Remove being able to spam the previous text\messages

Started by Aaron, January 24, 2010, 07:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

You can send the previous text/messages ingame by pressing arrow key up/down to scroll through them, honestly no good comes from this feature I have only seen it being used by players to spam servers or !heal constantly.

ricardo

console history and NO, don't remove it.  even DOS keeps a history of your input. IT IS VERY HANDY WHEN TESTING

Boss

Quote from: Gulk on January 24, 2010, 07:35:03 AM
You can send the previous text/messages ingame by pressing arrow key up/down to scroll through them, honestly no good comes from this feature I have only seen it being used by players to spam servers or !heal constantly.
What's the problem with implementing muting via pawn to prevent spamming?

Ettans

Well, you can only add the anti-spam for commands, since return 0 doesn't work at OnPlayerText. Would be good if SetTimerEx was added.

Boss

Quote from: Ettans on January 24, 2010, 10:42:50 AM
Well, you can only add the anti-spam for commands, since return 0 doesn't work at OnPlayerText.
You can still just kick the player if he types something.

[AoD]NC

Up/Down is not only using to spam. I use it too in situations like:
I say: Gulk have you already eaten your cake :p? And now the script starts to *spam* or someone other is something saying. There is more and more text and my msg is "deleted" from the window. Then i type only T and Arrow Up and you can answer me :].

[LCK]Stoku

Aaron

Well then some sort of spam prevention built in to vcmp or via pawn, I remember a !stfu / mute command from mta it kicked a player if he talked but could only be set by admin [!stfu Playernick] , maybe an automatic one could be made for spammers.

I know its a useful feature and all but needs some protection from players abusing it

Boss

Quote from: Gulk on January 24, 2010, 02:18:33 PM
Well then some sort of spam prevention built in to vcmp or via pawn, I remember a !stfu / mute command from mta it kicked a player if he talked but could only be set by admin [!stfu Playernick] , maybe an automatic one could be made for spammers.

I know its a useful feature and all but needs some protection from players abusing it
Well, you should probably talk about it to the scripters making scripts for the servers you play at.