Author Topic: vc:mp in wine emulated desktop  (Read 2839 times)

Offline luvgirl12345

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
vc:mp in wine emulated desktop
« on: November 29, 2009, 10:00:23 pm »
if i run gta vc in full screen mode it has a bad visual glitch. i need to run it in a virtual desktop... but i dont know what file to use in wine cfg...

sorry if im unclear...

QUESTION: what file does gta vc:mp use when you click play...

Offline Rami

• Street Thug
  • KinGDoM
    • View Profile
    • BramjNet
Re: vc:mp in wine emulated desktop
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 12:43:31 am »
Hey,

I didin't undertstanded your question verygood, but the file that VC:MP Program use it when you click play is "gta-vc.exe" its inside the main folder of GTA:VC, i hope that i helped you.

My Regards, Rami ..

Offline luvgirl12345

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 01:38:30 am »
question: i'm using wine. gta will not run in full screen so i use a virtual desktop. even if i configure the gta-vc.exe the multi player still plays in full screen (glitched) the real game plays perfectly...

is there anyone that can help me... i don't think i'm the first one doing this in wine... and if theres a full screen fix for wine i would be thank full...

p.s. if i set the default settings to virtual desktop it plays but flickers because the multi player connection client is underneath... so all i need is the exact settings for winecfg...

Offline venkatreading

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 08:53:13 am »
for what i know , Wine is a software which emulates or runs Microsoft Windows' programs on other operating systems like Mac,linux.etc...

according to him , i guess virtual desktop is a software like 3D analyser which actually is used to configure high graphic games (although VC is not!) remove the pixel shaders and the vertices so that they can be run on weaker graphic cards..... is that right? luvgirl12345?

he says that the single player version of the game works perfectly when it is run using virtual desktop  ( that too in a windowed mode).....and the multiplayer game runs only in full screen although the virtual desktop is configured to run it a windowed mode. 

luv girl , sadly VC MP runs in full screen even though there is an option to run it in windowed mode.

took me 15 mins to understand his post  ;D

*waiting for luvgirl's reply*