Author Topic: (Help) Testing VC:MP Without the use of the Internet  (Read 2252 times)

Offline GTA Fiji City

• Street Thug
  • Speech is Silver, Silence is Gold.
    • View Profile
(Help) Testing VC:MP Without the use of the Internet
« on: January 15, 2013, 10:44:52 am »
Topic says it all. Is it possible? will it work with Squirrel servers? If so, could someone explain me a/the method. I am asking this Question because i would like to test my scripts. With no hassle of using the internet.
- [MK]VCS

Proud MK trainee, VC:MP player since 2011. PsyShell Manager. Zombie-Invasion, Avengers City, OutDoor-City & Zero's Server Administrator.

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: (Help) Testing VC:MP Without the use of the Internet
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 02:53:48 pm »
  • Start your server while disconnected from the Internet. (If it's a Squirrel server, just add <Announce>false,/Announce> to server.conf)
  • Add the IP 127.0.0.1:YOUR_PORT_HERE to your favorites.

127.0.0.1 is a special IP address because it's reserved only for loopback interfaces. Loopback interfaces only allow programs on your own machine to communicate with each other, and it is physically impossible for someone else to connect to it, especially if you're disconnected from the Internet.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline GTA Fiji City

• Street Thug
  • Speech is Silver, Silence is Gold.
    • View Profile
Re: (Help) Testing VC:MP Without the use of the Internet
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:10:05 pm »
Thanks. I thought this was impossible.
- [MK]VCS

Proud MK trainee, VC:MP player since 2011. PsyShell Manager. Zombie-Invasion, Avengers City, OutDoor-City & Zero's Server Administrator.