Author Topic: Will the 0.4 client support for all languages​​?  (Read 9764 times)

Offline MISHA123152

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
    • Russian Server
Will the 0.4 client support for all languages​​?
« on: July 22, 2013, 08:49:52 pm »
Will the 0.4 client support for all languages​​?
Thanks.

Offline kkkk

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
Re: Will the 0.4 client support for all languages​​?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 09:35:39 pm »
i hope it can use chinese 8)   0.4——when we open the vcmp.exe,it can delete cleo.asi?

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 10:28:35 pm »
There are currently no plans to support Unicode or to translate VC:MP's client messages to other languages. It may be added in a different version, but not in 0.4.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline MISHA123152

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
    • Russian Server
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 06:45:53 am »
There are currently no plans to support Unicode or to translate VC:MP's client messages to other languages. It may be added in a different version, but not in 0.4.

Please, do support Unicode in game chat. What is the problem not to do so? Not everyone tired of writing in their own language. I'm sure everyone is waiting for the client 0.4 support for all languages in game chat!

Your client is developed 5 years and there is no support languages ​​other than English.

Everyone wants to support all the languages ​​in-game chat! If it is not do it in 0.4 then many players including myself will not use your multiplayer (VCMP). Look at the project SAMP. They did it for a long time, they have thousands of servers and players. And everyone is happy!

I hope you make the language support. Stormeus, please reply your decision.

Sorry for my bad English.
Thanks.

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 07:23:29 am »
It's not my decision, it's the developers' decision. The last time I asked about Unicode support was months ago and the reply I got was that it would be added in a later version. I'd assume the answer would be the same now, especially since implementing Unicode would require reworking some major parts of code.

Offline vorona

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 11:11:51 am »
Language not important. Main thing multiplayer. I hope test VC-MP 0.4 will be continue 24 July.

Offline MISHA123152

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
    • Russian Server
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 12:14:07 pm »
Synchronization of course important, but the support of all the languages ​​in-game chat is more important. If 0.4 does not support all languages, then I do not see the point of its release.

All Russian players want to chat in their native language. But not only Russian ... This want Chinese, Italian, etc... Project VC-MP multinational or it is targeted only for English players?

All the people want to multinational chat.

Just enough to make all language supports in-game chat, do not ask for anything more.

Stormeus please assure developers have to do to July 24 2013 chat.
Thanks.

Offline sseebbyy

• Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 02:20:24 pm »
How Stormeus said:

It may be added in a different version, but not in 0.4.

It may be added in a different version !
Let Devs to finish their actual version, then they will wait for your next suggestions.

You are playing 0.3zR2 (and maybe having fun) and there is no Unicode script too.

If 0.4 does not support all languages, then I do not see the point of its release.

You don't see any point of its release ? Well I see: there are much more features + a better sync than actual vc:mp version. (those = fun)

Btw, you were supposed to learn English at school, dude.

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline MISHA123152

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
    • Russian Server
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 03:36:27 pm »
How Stormeus said:

It may be added in a different version, but not in 0.4.

It may be added in a different version !
Let Devs to finish their actual version, then they will wait for your next suggestions.

You are playing 0.3zR2 (and maybe having fun) and there is no Unicode script too.

If 0.4 does not support all languages, then I do not see the point of its release.

You don't see any point of its release ? Well I see: there are much more features + a better sync than actual vc:mp version. (those = fun)

Btw, you were supposed to learn English at school, dude.

I think the other version will be released in 5-10 years. Therefore, I ask now to 0.4 to do it.
I know English. I respect their language and want to make Unicode. To make support unicode require a maximum of one hour.

I also have long suggested that accelerate the development of open source code and place it on GitHub.

Offline heekz.shadow

• LU testers
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 07:17:02 pm »
Synchronization of course important, but the support of all the languages ​​in-game chat is more important. If 0.4 does not support all languages, then I do not see the point of its release.

This given me a good laugh. If you consider chatting in russian more important than extending mod functionality/sync, you might aswell quit VC:MP and chat on skype all day long.

I also lol at how you consider sync inferior to unicode support.
Code: [Select]
[20:23] <habi> later only i heard that lu chatbox is customizable. On my first visit, it appeared ugly.
[20:23] <habi> May be that also be the reason why lu has no players

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 09:00:49 pm »
I think the other version will be released in 5-10 years. Therefore, I ask now to 0.4 to do it.

The more features we have to add to 0.4, the longer development will take. The chat console has already been fully coded for ANSI. Whether or not maxorator chooses to convert it to Unicode now has yet to be seen.

If it's released without Unicode support, you're free not to play it. We're not going to ignore Unicode totally but we can only add so many more features to 0.4 before development falls behind even longer.

Also, everyone, please re-read the public beta pause announcement:

The public beta will be put on hold until at least July 24th (possibly later) to allow time to correct bugs and crashes and perform further private testing.

Offline YaceQ

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Wiseguy
  • DnA4Life!
    • View Profile
    • DnA
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 11:00:24 pm »
To make support unicode require a maximum of one hour.

I also have long suggested that accelerate the development of open source code and place it on GitHub.
Fell free to make your own GTA VC multiplayer.

hh1729

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 05:35:54 am »
Yes, i agree with him. I know many will be against me. Just think if vcmp was in chinese and no support for english and releasing newer versions without language support will only disappoint us. Anyway devs have taken this much time in releasing 0.4. So we have no idea when the next version will be. Take little more time and finish the thing. Supporting multi languages do more good than an attractive chat console.
Let us hope that the dev's will think about it and change their mind. At least maxorator is back. Think about it.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 06:17:18 am »
I believe you used Google Translate but get this. VC:MP this day are full of people using languages other than English. If VC:MP is an international mod, wouldn't it be better to use a language people would use around the world?
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 10:50:22 am »
If VC:MP is an international mod, wouldn't it be better to use a language people would use around the world?

No, that would take away from the cultural aspect of internationality.