• Welcome to Vice City Multiplayer.

New VC-MP mIRC Admin

Started by VRocker, March 31, 2008, 02:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VRocker

Heres a shiney new script and DLL for you all to use!

Decided to recreate the VC-MP mIRC dll due to the hacky method that had to be used to retrieve data from the server and keep it connected.
The dll handles all the network connections, incoming data etc and parse the data. so no more if ($1 == [join]) :)

The script has been designed to give the user the minimum needed. A dialog and the signals that the DLL calls when data is retrieved.
The dialog has been designed to be similar to MTA:MA and features kick, ban, pm, slap and kill buttons.
It also has the ability to connect to multiple servers at the same time :)

Some benefits of using this include:

• Faster data execution
  • More features
  • Easier to use
  • Nice dialog to monitor chat and manage the server

...:Usage:...
1) Place the 'vcmp.mrc' and the 'vcmp.dll' in your mIRC directory
2) Open up mIRC and load the script by typing /load -rs vcmp.mrc
3) The main dialog will then be displayed. Fill in your server IP, Port and Password in the appropriate fields and click 'Connect'
4) Your done! The script is now connected and you are ready to create your own scripts.

Functions and callbacks are in the ReadMe. Theres too many to list here.

Anyway, Grab it HERE

Please post any suggestions and any bugs encountered :)

bakasan

[SWK]Killerkid

Nice work, Is there any events like 'on join/quit' ?
I looked at the end of the script and i saw some  :-X.

[LCK]Stoku

Ye. Good job;). Tests was good too. Now im making commands based on your admin:)

Juppi

Mex

wow this looks sweet, great work :)

AdTec_224

As i said before Vrocker nice work 8) however i have found a bug :-X /c command:

--> AdTec_224 joined the game.
AdTec_224: /c moo test <--- correct
--> [KFJ]Anya joined the game.
AdTec_224: /c moo tesht <--- Anya typed that command but its returning my name ???

btw would it be possible to make it so it echos the IP in the .part signal? because $vcmp.getip doesnt work on that signal im guessing because the dll delete's the data when it sees a player leaving the server.

Fixed bug :D

- AdTec_224

adamale

I am speechless... great job! <3

VRocker

Updated the DLL again. Seems there was a wierd crash which caused mirc to exit unexpectantly.
Also there was a DLL unload bug which sometimes caused mIRC to error on exit or die on dll unload

Both of these have been fixed :) Also eliminated the need to call Startup before using the dll

-

Another Update:

Fixed a problem with pickups. Accidently defined them as a byte which caused the types to mess up :P
Made the Interior option in SetLocation optional. It'll default to 0 if its not set now :)

Big thanks to AdTec_224 for finding all the problems!

Chezor

Scripts: Fuel system in vehicles, Speedometer, Spawnback, Improved Copwork, Improved Jailing, Improved phone with sms, and many more. Coming soon..

VRocker

I decided to release my half made scripts that utilise this better. I currently use them on my server but are not finished.

It features a basic admin system, aliases for things that were going to be implimented in the future, an IRC echo aswell as custom areas, cash, bank and a few other things.

This would be great for somebody who wants the basics. and it would be great if anybody wanted to build ontop of these to finish them off :)

On a small note, they are a bit messy and some parts are a bit complicated cuz i kept forgetting parts i had already coded :P

Anyway, heres the scripts: Clicky

Just load all the files into mirc and change the channel name in IRC.mrc. It also needs a config file being created under VCMP/INIs named vcmp.config.ini with the following entries:

[MAIN]
Active=1

[CONFIG]
Admin=1
Reg=1
Cash=1
Property=1
Vehicle=1

Without this confi file everything will be turned off

VRocker

I've been busy with this DLL today! :D Fixed a lot of bugs and added a few more things :)

Heres a list of changes:

• Added the SetPlayerMarker and RemoveMarker functions which i forgot about when i made the DLL
  • Added some new functions for getting spectators and setting the maximum players
  • Fixed a LOT of crashes. Mainly ones due to disconnecting/reconnecting and closing the dialog
  • Fixed a major memory leak which ate RAM and caused crashes (Whoops!)
  • (old)Added AddPickup and AddVehicle to manually insert Pickups and Vehicles into the internal pools. This does NOT create pickups and vehicles. Check the included script on how they are used.
  • Redone vehicle/weapon names as some were missing (Thanks Murdock and Windlord)

There may be some more which i've forgotten about. Main things are the crash fixes and the Marker functions :)

Enjoy!

P.S. Download from the first post or Here

GTA-Roloboy

Nice! Very nice :D
It's much better than the previous one xD

Quote from: VRocker on August 21, 2008, 06:57:48 PM

• Redone vehicle/weapon names as some were missing (Thanks Murdock and Windlord)

No problem ;)

K.I.S.S

do i just replace the old one with this one ?

Mattz