Author Topic: Get more people in the VC:MP Developers Team  (Read 54427 times)

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
Re: Get more people in the VC:MP Developers Team
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2013, 03:28:45 am »
SugarD, you're right. But an IV:MP developer doesn't have much to offer a MTA:III developer for example.
To the contrary. The games may be different, but many things about them are still the same. One of my former Developers for Project Redivivus, (which deals in MTA for GTA III and VC), is now a full-blown IV:MP Developer. It's just a matter of expanding your knowledge. Chances are if you know one of them already, you can learn the others quite easily.

Offline Fuzzy168

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2013, 07:56:58 am »
If more people learned C++ and understood how to reverse engineer GTA, as Storm mentioned, then a lot of progress could be made throughout the communities. The major problem is that the few who aren't involved in a project already [that are capable] are too busy with real life to help out.

I am currently brushing up my C++ knowledge and understanding how GTA VC works. In the future, I hope I will have enough knowledge to help the VC:MP development too..
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline dynavolt71

• Crime Boss
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2013, 11:21:01 am »
You create this topic fuzzy ?
And your point create this topic are "hope to be devloper" ?
[PAWNO]Fix Error " Failed to set data for "" " - http://forum.vicecitymultiplayer.com/index.php?topic=5743.0

:'(

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2013, 11:28:01 am »
You create this topic fuzzy ?
And your point create this topic are "hope to be devloper" ?
No.. The main point I created this topic was to get more people in the developer teams.. But from I see, there is no one, at least not yet, eligible to be in the Developers team besides maxorator, VRocker and stormeus and couple of other beta testers.. That's why now, I'm determined to learn C++ and GTA things so in the future, I can be in the dev team. That's if VC:MP still exist.

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2013, 11:33:28 am »
@SugarD: congratz to him then. Of course you can be promoted from coding a MP for GTA3 to coding one for GTA4, but the whole game is different, so you need to start from basics.

Btw. there are (were) a few skilled programmers around, who are sitting somewhere in the darkness. Again, I give an example of VCO. Regex, Deceifier, Koolio etc. They were all unknowns for me when they started working on VCO, but they showed that they can code.

Offline [Saint]

• Made Man
  • Pawn scripting for SA:MP and VC:MP
    • View Profile
    • vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2013, 07:58:03 pm »
No.. The main point I created this topic was to get more people in the developer teams.. But from I see, there is no one, at least not yet, eligible to be in the Developers team besides maxorator, VRocker and stormeus and couple of other beta testers.. That's why now, I'm determined to learn C++ and GTA things so in the future, I can be in the dev team. That's if VC:MP still exist.

what you say is really funny, in fact, there are many people, not all of them want to do it, they will be better to create plug-ins and scripts for other projects (eg sa-mp or help develop MTA which is open source)

when everything you read messages from users completely, not only between the lines.

Russian Сommunity

Вступайте в группу: vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer

My profile on sa-mp.com

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2013, 12:40:35 am »
People, quit accusing Fuzzy of trying to rankhunt. He was responding to my comments about there being a lack of developers in ALL of the GTA MP mod communities. You guys are taking it off-topic to **** on him. Please stop.

@SugarD: congratz to him then. Of course you can be promoted from coding a MP for GTA3 to coding one for GTA4, but the whole game is different, so you need to start from basics.

Btw. there are (were) a few skilled programmers around, who are sitting somewhere in the darkness. Again, I give an example of VCO. Regex, Deceifier, Koolio etc. They were all unknowns for me when they started working on VCO, but they showed that they can code.
1. Yes and no. You only need to learn the differences. Many of the tools, methods, and information is generally the same, aside from some obvious things. It's not very hard to pick it up if you understand the internal workings of the newer design. From there it's just a matter of learning the details. The overall process is still the same in the mindset of things.

2. Many of them are from Ankeborg RPG, trying a last-ditch effort to save the VC multiplayer communities, as it is what their own gaming community was founded upon. I could see them making huge differences if they decided to work with others regarding MTA:VC and VC:MP, but unfortunately I think their personal differences with the teams, and differing views of things, may have them tempted to stay away from them.

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2013, 01:01:52 am »
Ankeborg RPG, hearing this name for first time. But found it via google. Looks like it was a huge project anyway.

And VCO was for sure not the last effort to save the multiplayer community, as I noticed a long time ago at least two MP projects for VC, but hidden in the darkness. Yes I'm repeating myself :). VCO was not the last.

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2013, 02:11:47 am »
Ankeborg RPG, hearing this name for first time. But found it via google. Looks like it was a huge project anyway.

And VCO was for sure not the last effort to save the multiplayer community, as I noticed a long time ago at least two MP projects for VC, but hidden in the darkness. Yes I'm repeating myself :). VCO was not the last.
If you're referring at all to Vice Players and it's "open source" counterpart from the times when IV:MP changed their name for an open-source off-shoot, both of those projects are now dead.

As for Ankeborg RPG, it was the first ever GTA multiplayer mod-based RP community to ever exist. It is also what led to Argonath RPG's creation shortly thereafter. Both communities are credited with creating what we now know today as RP/RPG servers in GTA multiplayer mods. They are also the two largest MTA:VC communities still standing for the last 5 years, if not longer.

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2013, 06:59:19 am »
Actually IV:MP isn't dead. They've got a good amount of active developers working towards a new version, I've seen nightly builds and they're making massive progress.

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2013, 07:08:45 am »
Actually IV:MP isn't dead. They've got a good amount of active developers working towards a new version, I've seen nightly builds and they're making massive progress.
I didn't say they are dead. I said they are struggling, and yes, they are struggling. They have admitted it time and again.

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2013, 07:25:52 am »
I may be a slight fanboy for IVMP, but just recently a bunch of new people are working hard on developing it, it is going well. If you look at the video updates of the nightly build you will see it. Sync is perfect right now, they make loads of updates every day, once RC3 is out they should have a stable version with loads of cool server and client side functions. Obviously they're not like M2MP's level, but they are nothing like the VCMP situation.

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2013, 07:37:04 am »
I may be a slight fanboy for IVMP, but just recently a bunch of new people are working hard on developing it, it is going well. If you look at the video updates of the nightly build you will see it. Sync is perfect right now, they make loads of updates every day, once RC3 is out they should have a stable version with loads of cool server and client side functions. Obviously they're not like M2MP's level, but they are nothing like the VCMP situation.
You may want to get to know the Developers then. They have said themselves that things are tough. They may be making progress, but right now it has only been a couple extremely-dedicated people working on it. They are in serious need of help. Either way, that is not what this conversation is about.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2013, 10:52:15 am »
Obviously, you don't know how the situation really is here. We are lucky to have bakasan back while maxorator is gone but we don't know for how long. The users we have now aren't skilled enough to even develop or write a small script to even work with the 0.4 code. If your wondering what is so hard about 0.4, take a look at stormeus' first reply on this topic.

Quote from: stormeus
However, in order to add more features to VC:MP, one would have to know how to reverse engineer Vice City and the RenderWare engine, which is far more difficult than simply learning how to program

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2013, 12:08:02 pm »
You may want to get to know the Developers then. They have said themselves that things are tough. They may be making progress, but right now it has only been a couple extremely-dedicated people working on it. They are in serious need of help. Either way, that is not what this conversation is about.
Not just a couple, for the last few weeks there's been:

blazee
sebihunter
crackhd
xforce
jenksta
ru.mysqld (whoever that is lol)

Some put more work in than others, and they may do it at different times for example blazee has put in a load of work over the last week, jenksta was putting in a lot a week or two back. IVMP isn't in that bad of a situation as people thing, it's currently got people working on it at all times to go for a stable version. When IVMP finally has a stable 0.1 release (RC3) it will be in quite a good position considering the features and the sync, and obviously that it's GTA IV.