Author Topic: [Split] Is VC:MP dead?  (Read 62306 times)

Offline eKirtS

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Street Thug
    • View Profile
Re: [Split] Is VC:MP dead?
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2013, 01:29:45 pm »
Hello Strike. I hope you fixed your network problems (timeouts on irc :) ).

Not yet.

Seems like i need to get BNC for GTANet.

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Veteran
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2013, 01:40:13 am »
@SugarD:
1. You obviously have no clue as to what you are talking about. :) Again, my point was that without SCM it would be almost impossible to take on memory hacking and therefore learning how SCM works was the biggest step in modding GTA. GTA IV uses so called "native" scripting language instead of SCM. Again, without knowing anything about the "native" one, there would be no progress on IVMP. Capisci? SA was released in the middle of 2005. And there are many interesting mods released till that time. Just to notice, Barton Waterduck, an icon of GTA modding, started working on various projects in 2003.

The truth is, no matter what I say, you will always refuse anything, because everything is a lie for you. Live in peace in MTA:3 era :).

@dynavolt: fortunately no start. I'm bored of bouncing against a wall. :D

@Strike: No bnc for idling :>.

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2013, 01:52:07 am »
@SugarD:
1. You obviously have no clue as to what you are talking about. :) Again, my point was that without SCM it would be almost impossible to take on memory hacking and therefore learning how SCM works was the biggest step in modding GTA. GTA IV uses so called "native" scripting language instead of SCM. Again, without knowing anything about the "native" one, there would be no progress on IVMP. Capisci? SA was released in the middle of 2005. And there are many interesting mods released till that time. Just to notice, Barton Waterduck, an icon of GTA modding, started working on various projects in 2003.

The truth is, no matter what I say, you will always refuse anything, because everything is a lie for you. Live in peace in MTA:3 era :).

@dynavolt: fortunately no start. I'm bored of bouncing against a wall. :D

@Strike: No bnc for idling :>.
No NC, you have no clue. You are not a GTA MP mod developer. You are clearly not someone who has messed around with developing these mods. You are also not someone who has extensive knowledge of memory hooking and SCM hooking, which you have made clear time and again. You have no experience or knowledge in the subject to back your claims, and again, you are still continuing to argue it for the sake of saying VC:MP is crap two to three pages back. You even continue to provide false information about GTA IV when you have never worked with it. Your information holds no validity, and your continuous ****ting on the GTA MP modding community is just sickening. Either grow up and learn to support it, or leave.

Live in peace in MTA:3 era :).
More evidence of your lack of knowledge. It's called GTA3:MTA. Only those who do not understand the mod make the mistake of calling it "MTA:3" or "MTA:III".

And for the record, MTA 0.5r2 and earlier relies almost entirely on SCM hooking. You say I don't know what I'm talking about, yet I lead the project that develops it. Where is your so-called knowledge coming from? Exactly.

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2013, 02:12:59 am »
Yeah yeah, sure. You know what, I always appreciated you for two things: 1. you are longer in that "business" than me and 2. for everything you done towards GTA3:MTA. But you're behaving like a person who thinks that he knows better than everyone around. For your information, I spent many time on learning all aspects of SCM and I know some basic tricks of memory hooking.

And please, stop repeating that I'm "***iting" (what?) on the GTA MP community. And this makes me sick, when you change my words just to write a few lines more. I have never said anything bad about any GTA community.

You don't need to respond, because you won't get a reply in this topic from me. This discussion with you is pointless and from us both, the wiser decided to stop it.

Live in peace. ;)

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2013, 02:37:52 am »
And please, stop repeating that I'm "***iting" (what?) on the GTA MP community. And this makes me sick, when you change my words just to write a few lines more. I have never said anything bad about any GTA community.

Please see the following:

You want to know my prediction what will happen to VCMP? My predictions are accurate in almost 100% :).
So, I have bad news. Even if the online player count is still above 100, this may be changed this year, if a VCMP update won't be released. More and more people will retire or turn into "Sunday players", like me, that play VCMP once a week, if not less. However, VCMP won't die, but servers won't have as much players as they have now.

Btw. I like to read "we made progress and soon something happens". I'm reading this for a few years now ;). Many people left VCMP few years ago and said "we come back, when 0.4 is released", hoping, that it will be available to download within the next months. And, while this didn't happen, they won't come back at all.

SA:MP is being player by more than 47k, so combined it's 56k! VCMP's 100-200 players online is nothing comparing to that.

And about LU, it's a really pity, that it's played just by a small amount of people. The main reason why it's not as popular as SAMP or even VCMP is... VC. VC is very similar to GTA3, but has a lot more possibilities (and motorbikes :D ), so if you have to choose one of two very similar games, but one of them has definitely more to offer, what would you choose? It's obvious, that you choose VC. Unless you are a GTA3 lover ;). Plus, LU was quite late released. After MTA:3 died, there was no MP for GTA3, so players either moved to VCMP or left.

Still no 0.4. No wonder that most retired players laugh, when asking "what's up in VCMP? 0.4 released?", because they know already the answer.

We can't compare SAMP and VCMP? Well, so the question is "can we compare VCMP to anything?".

One hundred is not hundreds :D.
@Saint: good luck then. However, even if your 0.1c based MP is 10 times better than R2, you won't get many players, see the start of VCO. Perfect MP, no crashes (?), tons of functions, maybe not ideal sync. But somehow it failed.

I think Glock made a good statement. Why some, let's say, 15 year old kid, who was 5 when VC was released (rofl), should play VCMP with a low player base rather than SAMP with a huge player base and multiple servers to play on it? We assume, that such a kid won't play VC, because of nostalgia ;).

I was thinking more about getting new players. Trying to find a reason, why someone should start playing VCMP.

Please tell me SugarD, how many of players that participated in the MTA R2 beta test were unknown for you? I think you know all of them. They came to see what's up with the good old MTA VC. But how many players does MTA R2 has in average during the week? Okay...

Plus, IV:MP is an unofficial mod, because GTA4 has got a build-in MP mode. It sucks from what I've heard, but doesn't matter :D.

Seriously, the player count will definitely not increase much, even if you stand on your head.

...of course I could write something like "tomorrow every player migrates from SAMP to VCMP and everyone will be happy", but we know that won't happen. I wrote what is likely to happen in the near future, when nothing changes.

Still talking about LU? Okay, so why is LU not as popular as VCMP?
1. GTA3, really. I played GTA3 after VC & SA, which was a terrible mistake. People who started with III loved this game, while it was for me a simpler version of VC (amount of weapons, cars, no bikes, helicopters).
2. The release date. Maybe if LU would have been released by the same time when VCMP, the community size of both game had been similar.

No, that's just what will sooner or later happen, when people lose interest in it. And I just noticed that most of you think this will never happen.
I'm supporting this mod however I can with my experience I collected for many years. If you have another opinion, then have it :).

6. Spending thousands of hours to work on something that is played by 2 players? Then you must been a lunatic :D.

@SugarD:
2. You forgot about two things. First, this mod is not on the largest GTA mod base and I’m basing on it.
5. No, the community doesn’t work so. Some projects die, even when the mods were played by a large amount of player, look at Vice City Rage for GTA4. I guess you are referring only to MTA:III and VC?

I posted in this thread various reasons, why a kid who just bought a PC, will look towards GTA 4 (or maybe even SA, after he hears that many people plays multiplayer) and won’t even take a look on VC (you may not agree, but these are the facts). Of course, there are always a few exceptions… Right? So, if they won’t play VC, they won’t be a part of the VCMP community (obvious). VCMP’s mission should be therefore to make the current community, emm “stable”, because the possibility of reaching a player base at least 1k is impossible now. The highest regular player count now is 130. With an amazing 0.4, we could reach 150-200 (almost double the number, depends on how many players will come back after they hear the magic keyword), but it’s still nothing comparing to SA multiplayers.

5. SOL is a difficult project, they have ups and downs. VCO helped with a comeback? Don't think so. Anyway, according to their board at gtaf, there is more silence recently.

You are really just a positive pillar to this community, aren't you?

NC, if you really want to prove that you aren't ****ting on VC:MP and other GTA MP mods, then wake the hell up and start looking for positive solutions. Constantly talking down upon VC:MP and it's Developers, (as well as other GTA MP mods), does nothing but make you look like a hater, and shows that you have no hope for a mod you are supposed to be supporting regardless of it's status.

Until you change your attitude and actually seek to help this community, I will not be changing my opinion on that.

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2013, 05:36:38 pm »
what the hell ?! Start again

I'm with dynavolt. VC:MP is far from a dead project and there is still an active player base, and the development and testing team is working hard to improve its quality and fun. There shouldn't be an argument here about the mechanics of multiplayer mods, nor should there be an ongoing debate as to whether or not people will flee the community.

VC:MP is not dying, and if it is, do something to rectify the situation.

If that's not the end of this discussion, I don't know what will be.
Do not PM me for support.