Author Topic: Forum Needs Updating  (Read 9745 times)

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
Re: Forum Needs Updating
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 12:51:56 pm »
There's no fanboy crap, phpBB is much more secure.
No, it's not. Both forum softwares are equally secure. For the last time, get the fanboy shit the fuck out of my topic.

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 12:57:40 pm »
I'm not a phpBB fanboy, but the fact is phpBB is obviously more secure.

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 01:36:19 pm »
phpBB is ugly, code, theme, and administrative-wise. If you suggest migrating from SMF to phpBB3, you clearly have never worked in-depth with either of them.

EDIT: As an aside, Wedge is better anyways.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:44:29 pm by stormeus »
Do not PM me for support.

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 01:44:19 pm »
I just suggested because of the sercurity. phpBB isn't ugly, it's just simple.

Offline Fuzzy168

• Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 04:34:19 pm »
I just suggested because of the sercurity. phpBB isn't ugly, it's just simple.
I've never used phpBB, but I've did work with SMF and find it more understandable.
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline Darfy

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Wiseguy
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 05:26:41 pm »
Glock22: Nothing personal against you but it seems like your only goal on these forums is to argue with people over stupid things. You're not helping anyone here - yourself the least - but that has not been your true intend right from the begin has it? I'm not saying you're not allowed to express your opinions but this is going out of hand on your part. Recently all you've managed to do is start flame wars for posting totally unnecessary and dumb posts, like just for example "phpBB is more secure" and repeating that over and over again. Not to even mention your posts on the topic about VC-MP's current status and developers.
So just a friendly heads-up: chill the fuck down if you still want to spend time on this forum.

Offline YaceQ

• Wiseguy
  • DnA4Life!
    • View Profile
    • DnA
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 09:23:35 pm »
+1 for Darfy.
Why did you register here? To complain only? You still haven't answered my very simple question...
Have you ever played VC-MP? If yes which servers did you visit, what's your nick in-game? How long have you been playing VC-MP?

There's no fanboy crap, phpBB is much more secure.
Any proof? Comparison? Or again you just heard it and talk bullshit like last time with MP for Far Cry3?

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 10:37:11 pm »
As I've said before, I've used both extensively. I have a web development background, and I have over 20 years experience and multiple certifications in computer security. I am telling you right now that security has absolutely nothing to do with this. Both forum softwares are equally secure, and you've yet to show any proof of anything otherwise. I have a very long history of using PHPBB2, PHPBB3, SMF 1, and SMF 2, and I'm aware of both forum softwares' groups currently working on new major versions, as well as planning major versions for after that. My knowledge and experience in their usage alone proves that you are wrong. Until you come up with something that says otherwise, keep your personal fanboy crap out of my topic. As I've said before, that has absolutely nothing to do with a topic about a SMF update that takes a few seconds to apply, and you are only derailing it further by trying to argue that VC:MP Forums should switch. If you want that to happen, create your own topic.

Don't believe me about my experience? Let me know. I'll even link you to two sites I am currently administrating that each use SMF and PHPBB respectively.

Offline [AoD]NC

• AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 12:48:27 am »
OT: I personally prefer mybb. It's a nice forum scripts and got everything what I needed so far.

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 03:25:27 am »
OT: I personally prefer mybb. It's a nice forum scripts and got everything what I needed so far.
And again, it has absolutely nothing to do with a topic about the forum being updated.

If you want that to happen, create your own topic.