Author Topic: Interest towards VC:MP  (Read 9910 times)

Offline dlc999

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
Interest towards VC:MP
« on: September 10, 2014, 02:29:03 pm »
The main reason why I created this topic is because I wanted to ask: Is VC:MP team still alive?
I started playing VC:MP years ago and it was just awesome but I didn't expect that anyone won't upgrade this version to the next one in 5 years.You can see yourself how everybody is leaving this game because they're bored of the same things,there are only deathmatches servers;some people were asking scripters to make different servers with different stuff except deathmatch but they always say VC:MP lacks of functions.It's a spiral of accusations,scripters say it's VC:MP fault and VC:MP team say it's not their problem etc.What I was really able to see is that none from the VC:MP Dev team gives an actually shit about this community except Stormeus(rarely helped by another dev) but do you think that he can afford everything alone?You just left him doing everything alone without any help,how can you think this community will ever grow up ?Now talking about the team itself,how much of them are active?You promoted the LU devs here but you were blind that they were inactive,does anyone know something concrete made by them except that browser for windows seven?VC:MP is in a tilt from 5 years ,what should we say,congratulations?You can recruit some more people in your team just like
-Fuzzy : active scripter and helping when needed
-Gudio: same as above
-Seby: same as above,he creates a lot of things too
these are not the only guys who at least give some attention to VC:MP,there are some more.I actually don't find that quote from Gudio with Vrocker that says he's too lazy in doing something then correting himself saying busy.Will somebody give some more attention to VC:MP or shall we say good bye to this game and you'll continue recruiting lazy devs?
Thank you for reading this topic or at least reading its title,I don't expect something to be changed but who knows...
Have a nice day.

yes I'm using HS

Offline heekz.shadow

• LU testers
  • Made Man
    • View Profile
Re: Interest towards VC:MP
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 04:23:08 pm »
I don't get you guys, you can't read or what ? 0.4 is out as beta (which is very close to release) for plenty of time, scripters refuse to upgrade their server.

maxorator coded 0.4 and most of it's functions, ofc, with some help by Stormeus. Stormeus coded the Squirrel module for 0.4, he was helped with some fixes by Gudio, what's your problem?

This is the 0.4 Public Beta board in case you didn't notice it...
Code: [Select]
[20:23] <habi> later only i heard that lu chatbox is customizable. On my first visit, it appeared ugly.
[20:23] <habi> May be that also be the reason why lu has no players

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 05:51:27 pm »
lol

none from the VC:MP Dev team gives an actually shit about this community except Stormeus(rarely helped by another dev)

This is actually completely false since maxorator wrote 0.4 from scratch almost entirely by himself. I've helped out with some minor bugs and outlying feature requests but I can guarantee that at least 80% of crash and bugfixes since 0.4 Beta 1 have been by him as well.

Vrocker that says he's too lazy in doing something then correting himself saying busy

Believe it or not, VRocker is a busy person with a job and life like the rest of our devs. However, he also provides a lot of the infrastructure we use for maintaining our development work, so saying he doesn't do anything for development is a large understatement.

You promoted the LU devs here but you were blind that they were inactive,does anyone know something concrete made by them except that browser for windows seven?

• The old R2 mIRC DLL
  • The R2 Squirrel server
  • All of Liberty Unleashed

Note that GTA3 and GTA:VC share some fundamental similarities and so having both teams working as part of a cooperative effort is for our mutual benefit. Also note that the 0.4 server browser is an extension of the LU team's.

You can recruit some more people in your team just like
-Fuzzy : active scripter and helping when needed
-Gudio: same as above
-Seby: same as above,he creates a lot of things too

Team members are usually recruited on an as-needed basis. I was first recruited as a beta tester simply because scripts were needed for testing 0.4 a couple of years ago, and since no scripting language had been developed yet, it needed to be done in C++. Were Pawn or Squirrel supported, I probably would not have been recruited then.

Developers are an even more elevated group that need to not only be competent in programming at a higher level (VC:MP is written in C/C++, and the ability to make a lot of scripts in Squirrel or Pawn does not imply the ability to write mods in C++), but also capable of being trusted with the entire codebase of the mod. Thus they're not usually recruited on a whim. Not only that, but there are already two highly active developers: maxorator and myself.

scripters say it's VC:MP fault and VC:MP team say it's not their problem etc.

Kindly point out a single time where any developer has said that the development of VC:MP was not their problem. You're probably confusing this with a couple of things. The LU devs who wrote the Squirrel server could not add functions that rely on client implementation before being invited to the team. The beta testers on the team do not have access to the code and are likewise limited.

The main reason why I created this topic is because I wanted to ask: Is VC:MP team still alive?

As heekzs said we've already had a public beta of the 0.4 server out for several months, and have been testing the client on an as-needed basis over the past couple of years. Responsibility lies solely with the community to prepare for the 0.4 release (which, as heekzs also said, is imminent). We will be encouraging people to upgrade by posting announcements on the 0.3 masterlist before shutting it down entirely. At that point, if the player base chooses not to upgrade because of the changes to sync and a refusal to adapt or lag caused by not reading the FAQs, that's their choice and we will respect it.

Ultimately the VC:MP dev team is not responsible for babysitting the community; all players are responsible for keeping their servers up to date and to upgrade to the latest versions as they are released. We provide the tools; you guys have to build the house.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 06:17:43 pm by stormeus »
Do not PM me for support.

Offline Mariu22S

• Wiseguy
  • VC-MP Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 06:25:43 pm »
Too bad time for such a conversation, 0.4 is the only salvation for the VC-MP as someone like synchronization is his problem let it be already released 0.4 and run out of silly talk.I'm going to put a great server to 0.4.

Sorry for my english.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 06:29:25 pm by Mariu22S »

Offline Honey.

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 06:32:26 pm »
A year Ago : Release 0.4 Already!, 0.4!!!!!!!!!!,  What is the release date for 0.4?,  Blah blah.

Now : 0.4? Nevermind I'm sticking with 0.3.....

I agree 5 Years was a big time but VC:MP was not as popular as SA:MP and VC:MP is not more than just 20-30 people and only 5-6 Developers So 5 years should be expected!

0.4 is probably in it's last or second last beta right now so You're too late to make this topic.I suggest you to Forget The Past and See to the Future.

Offline Mariu22S

• Wiseguy
  • VC-MP Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 06:46:58 pm »
Honey is right you have to go over time and develop a VC-MP and not be 10 years for version 0.3.
Version 0.4 should be released by the end of the month so that would be nice.

Offline sseebbyy

• Immortal VC:MP Player
    • View Profile
    • Zombie Invasion => Server Forum [DEAD PROJECT]
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 08:00:51 pm »
You are complaining about 0.4's (non)release by years... And now, when it is almost released, you are complaining about it's slow development ?!
What a shitty atitude !
You will never stop to complain about vc:mp, because this is your tipical atitude !
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:03:21 pm by sseebbyy »

Painful/Noob scripters acts like: I Am The Best Scripter Because I Announce My Releases With Big Font Size Without Giving Too Much Info' In The Hope They All Will Download And Check It. I Ignore Bad Replies, Replies That I Could Learn From, And Replies With So Much Text.

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 09:17:30 pm »
People demanded a new version, because they wanted to have a superb multiplayer. From what I noticed, many people don't like 0.4's synchronization and that's why there is so much "silly talk" @Mariu22S.

It's just like buying a car sometimes. First you talk with your parents about this for few months, because you want it, need it etc. And when you finally can get a car, you see only wrecks on sale and don't want it any longer trololo.

Scripters refuse to update? Sounds interesting. Can you name someone :)?

To be honest, I would love to see some new faces in the VCMP team. New people always bring fresh energy.

Offline S.L.C

• Street Thug
  • Sorry if you weren't impressed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 09:23:20 pm »
It seems that some people think beta is just a partial version of the full 0.4 version which they believe was released just for testing purposes. And that developers actually have a second non-bugged version of the 0.4 release that they keep for them self. At least that's the impression I got from reading a few posts.

The 0.4 problem is that good scriptwriters haven't released any scripts yet so noobs cannot copy those scripts, change credits and claim it's their own script. Which is why people are still using 0.3 version. Because they cannot a script on their own to actually switch to the 0.4 version. Just release a 0.4 script which they can copy and you'll see all of them switch to 0.4.

Also, 0.4 seems to have some issues on the client version. At least the browser has for me. When i re-installed my OS it worked for a while. Until I've installed Chrome and then it stopped working. It's the same bug (probably the first in 0.4) I've posted in the 0.4 release thread. When I close the client browser the game path isn't saved so when I start it and set the path then try to start the client it starts in single-player mode.

Sometimes it says that it cannot find vice city executable. So I have to enter the full path including the executable and then it starts in single player. If I leave the path only to the directory and remove the executable I get that message "Could not start process". Which brought me to the conclusion that the browser has some issues when parsing that path and executing the vice city launcher. Because the process doesn't even start and if it starts it goes into singe player. Anyway, weird issue and some should take a look at how the browser is executing the vice city launcher.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:48:34 am by S.L.C »

Offline Mariu22S

• Wiseguy
  • VC-MP Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 09:47:44 pm »

There is no ready-made script execution = less servers, less servers = more players on servers

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 10:19:47 pm »
It seems that some people think beta is just a partial version of the full 0.4 version which they believe was released just for testing purposes. And that developers actually have a second non-bugged version of the 0.4 release that they keep for them self. At least that's the impression I got from reading a few posts.

This is a rather silly assumption for people to make, since there's no incentive for us to release an intentionally broken version of 0.4 only to release a fully unbroken version on release. 0.4 is a complete rewrite of the multiplayer mod, and so there are bound to be bugs that need to be fixed over time, and we've already fixed a good many of them since Beta 1.

Also, 0.4 seems to have some issues on the client version. At least the browser has for me. When i re-installed my OS it worked for a while. Until I've installed Chrome and then it stopped working. It's the same bug (probably the first in 0.4) I've posted in the 0.4 release thread. When I close the client browser the game path isn't saved so when I start it and set the path then try to start the client it starts in single-player mode.

This would probably depend on what version of the browser you have; the latest version is guaranteed to install to and save in a user's application data instead of Program Files, which could cause issues with saving settings and launching the game.
Do not PM me for support.

Offline Mariu22S

• Wiseguy
  • VC-MP Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 10:30:52 pm »
@NC Zapraszam Cie na Bete Polskiej Sceny 0.4 w sobotę wbij jak będziesz miał czas, oczywiście nie będą tam wszystkie atrakcje ale można pograć będzie tam muli język co pozwoli grać tam zagranicznym graczom IP:92.222.25.150:6000 będzie włączony w sobotę :)
Jak coś tu masz więcej info:http://vc-mp.ugu.pl/index.php?/topic/269-beta-polskiej-sceny-vc-mp-04/#entry1477
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:32:58 pm by Mariu22S »

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 10:39:28 pm »
@up okay thanks for the invite! But let's stay more on topic :).

Offline S.L.C

• Street Thug
  • Sorry if you weren't impressed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 10:49:33 am »
This would probably depend on what version of the browser you have; the latest version is guaranteed to install to and save in a user's application data instead of Program Files, which could cause issues with saving settings and launching the game.

Ok, thanks for letting me know. As soon as I get some free time I'll test the client once again.

Offline dlc999

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 07:10:52 pm »
I am not that guy who posted that topic about 0.4... and I've never said anything about VC:MP as you can see ,I have only 1 post(two with this).I don't have any problem,I just came here to say that the progress of VC:MP is very slow.You started the beta in august 2013 if I'm not wrong and still we are in this beta period,shall I ask if it's normal ?I've never seen in my life something to be in beta for more than 1 year.In 1 year I can do a lot of things,it's not a little time,that's the truth.I know not all of my points are true for you but that's what me or at least all the VC:MP players see;sorry for not mentioning maxorator too,just missed to type his name,I wanted to say that there are only 2 devs active and 6 lazy not busy.If you say so Stormeus,why VC:MP didn't upgrade in 5 years?If you pretend so and say you ''developers'' are busy why you and maxorator have some time to look into VC:MP and others do not like you?
I wanted to say that you need to recruit some people in the VC:MP devs group because 2 are not just enough to develop this mod for VC.Sorry for briging again SA:MP in this discussion,I just don't know another good example,they have an active team and just like you they have a job but the difference between they and your other 6 members of the devs group is that they at least give some time for their creation and not making it like a shit.
I hope that you don't take me wrong,I just exprimate my minds here because I love VC:MP just like other players do,I like this community,years ago when I joined my first time in SA:MP I didn't like it because it was a huge community,a huge map and I wasn't really a good fan of SA then when I tried VC:MP I just loved it,it wasn't that big community and it was just great but now that community decreases very fast day by day.You can succeed this mod if you become a little more active,let's do not see the past and let's see the future because if you continue like that VC:MP will end up in just some months having 0 players like LU.