Author Topic: Get more people in the VC:MP Developers Team  (Read 54431 times)

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
Re: Get more people in the VC:MP Developers Team
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2013, 12:09:53 pm »
I may be a slight fanboy for IVMP, but just recently a bunch of new people are working hard on developing it, it is going well. If you look at the video updates of the nightly build you will see it. Sync is perfect right now, they make loads of updates every day, once RC3 is out they should have a stable version with loads of cool server and client side functions. Obviously they're not like M2MP's level, but they are nothing like the VCMP situation.
You may want to get to know the Developers then. They have said themselves that things are tough. They may be making progress, but right now it has only been a couple extremely-dedicated people working on it. They are in serious need of help. Either way, that is not what this conversation is about.
Not just a couple, for the last few weeks there's been:

blazee
sebihunter
crackhd
xforce
jenksta
ru.mysqld (whoever that is lol)

Some put more work in than others, and they may do it at different times for example blazee has put in a load of work over the last week, jenksta was putting in a lot a week or two back. IVMP isn't in that bad of a situation as people thing, it's currently got people working on it at all times to go for a stable version. When IVMP finally has a stable 0.1 release (RC3) it will be in quite a good position considering the features and the sync, and obviously that it's GTA IV.
Sebihunter only does the web stuff. Jenksta is semi-retired. XForce is one of the few I've seen doing tons of updates for awhile now. The other people are just contributors last I checked. Their project is open-source, so that isn't even close to being a fair comparison, and it does not mean they are having better luck than VC:MP is. As said many times now, they need help too. We all do.

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2013, 12:35:51 pm »
Yeah but IVMP isn't dead though, it has a future, especially if RC3 is stable and comes out by the end of this year which is extremely likely. VCMP... even if they got the best coders working on it non-stop, it's just not going anywhere. It's fine for now with it's current players but people don't really join it anymore.

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2013, 12:37:09 pm »
VCMP... even if they got the best coders working on it non-stop, it's just not going anywhere. It's fine for now with it's current players but people don't really join it anymore.
Really, says who? You?

Last I checked, VC:MP still had more players than IV:MP, even in it's currently-shitty state. If anything, updates to it would help it grow.

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2013, 12:38:45 pm »
That's because IVMP is currently unplayable. As soon as it's stable it will pick up members, a stable version of the latest GTA multiplayer is bound to pick people up, people who want to upgrade from SAMP for example.

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2013, 12:39:59 pm »
That's because IVMP is currently unplayable. As soon as it's stable it will pick up members, a stable version of the latest GTA multiplayer is bound to pick people up, people who want to upgrade from SAMP for example.
Very few have expressed interest in upgrading from MTA:SA and SA:MP to IV:MP. Claiming that they will do so purely based on the age of the games is a null argument. Comparing it to VC:MP is an even worse argument, because the mods aren't even comparable in terms of current development status.

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2013, 12:49:23 pm »
Um yeah they have, there are a few communities on IVMP like NGRP that have a bunch of people from SAMP planning to move over as soon as IVMP is stable. People probably would have before if IVMP was stable.

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2013, 12:52:52 pm »
Um yeah they have, there are a few communities on IVMP like NGRP that have a bunch of people from SAMP planning to move over as soon as IVMP is stable. People probably would have before if IVMP was stable.
You obviously have no idea what the playerbase and fanbases are.

If you don't like VC:MP, that is your own personal opinion, but keep your shitting on it out of this forum.

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2013, 12:58:56 pm »
Fanbase that is ready to turn into a playerbase once IVMP is stable. Doesn't mean IVMP is dead because people are waiting for the stable version in a few months.

I like VCMP but it has no future, honest.

Offline Fuzzy168

• VC:MP Veteran
  • Programming since 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2013, 04:32:53 pm »
Fanbase that is ready to turn into a playerbase once IVMP is stable. Doesn't mean IVMP is dead because people are waiting for the stable version in a few months.

I like VCMP but it has no future, honest.

For God Sakes... VC:MP already has a 0.4!! It is only still being bugged fixed and developed more. Haven't you seen the progress VC:MP 0.4 has made? Stop accusing VC:MP of being dead..
I'm beginning to feel like a Lag God, Lag God

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2013, 05:23:10 pm »
So you are saying eventually VCMP is going to get more members, and one day it will be an active game with say thousands of players on at a time?

Offline Darfy

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • Wiseguy
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2013, 05:32:12 pm »
So you are saying eventually VCMP is going to get more members, and one day it will be an active game with say thousands of players on at a time?
He's not. Not having thousands of players does not mean it's dead. VC-MP has a dedicated playerbase at the moment and now that things are finally going somewhere regarding development I dare to say that VC-MP won't 'die' anytime soon. And for my defense I have been in this community for longer than a few weeks and I do actually play VC-MP so I think I know what I'm talking about. :)

Offline YaceQ

• Wiseguy
  • DnA4Life!
    • View Profile
    • DnA
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2013, 09:30:00 pm »
VCMP... even if they got the best coders working on it non-stop, it's just not going anywhere. It's fine for now with it's current players but people don't really join it anymore.
How do you know that people don't join VC-MP anymore? You have no real evidence for this. Everyday we see new nicks on VC-MP servers that proves people still join VC-MP.

Offline SugarD

• LU testers
  • Wiseguy
  • GTA Fan For Life!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2013, 10:43:56 pm »
How do you know that people don't join VC-MP anymore? You have no real evidence for this. Everyday we see new nicks on VC-MP servers that proves people still join VC-MP.
Exactly! Even MTA 0.5r2, (in it's painful state due to Game-Monitor's issues and ASE's death), is still getting new players all the time...and we all know how much that mod is suffering in comparison to VC:MP, so to say VC:MP is dead is just ridiculous.

As for IV:MP, I never said it was dead or dying. I said it needs help. You were the one that continued to compare them after I said I wasn't.

Offline MatheuS

• Made Man
  • Pawn And Squirrel Scripter
    • View Profile
    • Brazillian Community
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2013, 12:26:22 am »
Exactly! Even MTA 0.5r2, (in it's painful state due to Game-Monitor's issues and ASE's death), is still getting new players all the time...and we all know how much that mod is suffering in comparison to VC:MP, so to say VC:MP is dead is just ridiculous.

As for IV:MP, I never said it was dead or dying. I said it needs help. You were the one that continued to compare them after I said I wasn't.

fair

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Veteran
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2013, 12:28:45 am »
We are currently discussing to get a new vcmp developer with great skills.

Sorry, couldn't resist posting it :D. Picture found somewhere.