Author Topic: [Split] Is VC:MP dead?  (Read 62301 times)

Offline [Saint]

• Made Man
  • Pawn scripting for SA:MP and VC:MP
    • View Profile
    • vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer
Re: [Split] Is VC:MP dead?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2013, 03:12:21 pm »
in 2010 was a public (open) beta test of the old VC-MP 0.4 version
in which I took part, even the release of the old VC-MP 0.4 version called 0.3z R3 would be a lot better than nothing after all this time ...

Сlient only
http://efo-team.com/downloads/multiplayers/vc-mp/vcmp0.4.zip

Russian Сommunity

Вступайте в группу: vk.com/vicecitymultiplayer

My profile on sa-mp.com

Offline stormeus

• VC:MP Developer
  • VC:MP Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2013, 03:14:12 pm »
That's your opinion bro. You're still missing out on the behind closed doors action-packed adventures.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:17:51 pm by stormeus »
Do not PM me for support.

Offline [Saint]

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2013, 03:26:51 pm »
maybe I should create some programs that you can use to disable any VC-MP 0.3z r2 server version even SQ and even good tuned FireWall (IP Tables) can not help you to protect them, that you start to take action?

The only reason for me not to do it I like VC-MP and I respect the work of others.

I am and more other people very upset this state of affairs.

Russian Сommunity

My profile on sa-mp.com

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 03:28:50 pm »
maybe I should create some programs that you can use to disable any VC-MP 0.3z r2 server version even SQ and even good tuned FireWall (IP Tables) can not help you to protect them, that you start to take action?

Nothing you do will influence the path of development.

Offline [Saint]

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2013, 03:34:50 pm »
you can continue to sit back and tell everyone wait another couple of years ...

so you know

when development for multiplayer VC still relevant as proof to say so here are your rivals http://multi-vice.com.pl/ (not advertising)

currently their version is better than the VC-MP 0.3

Russian Сommunity

My profile on sa-mp.com

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2013, 03:39:50 pm »
you can continue to sit back and tell everyone wait another couple of years ...

nope

Offline [Saint]

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2013, 03:41:29 pm »
thanks for reply.

Russian Сommunity

My profile on sa-mp.com

Offline [AoD]NC

• VC:MP Beta Tester
  • AoD forever!
    • View Profile
    • KURWA MAĆ
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2013, 04:26:59 pm »
The "old" 0.4 you called R3 was discontinued for some reasons, that's why it wasn't published.

Offline George

• Street Thug
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2013, 05:28:32 pm »
Please if the development want to get more a developer, please don't choose some noob else ( no offence ), pick up someone with experience like VRocker, or any LU developer.
(LBR)George, XE Head Scripter, Xs Developer, LBR's founder, playing VCMP since 2009

Offline Doom

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2013, 07:00:43 pm »
Saint, Stop calling me idiot, Your blaming vcmp just because Your friends duh cant chat in vcmp chatbox in your language, so blaming vcmp.... meh

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2013, 04:29:57 am »
Hey, we all have our opinions, there's no need to get upset because of a game. But it's pretty clear the people who are supposed to be developing the mod no longer care, and a good possibility for that is simply because they're tired of an extremely outdated game.
I'm not upset really, as you're new here I just wanted to point out there's much more to VC-MP than meets the eye and that it's silly to judge VC-MP just by the first impression. Things aren't that black and white.

San Andreas was released only about 2 years after Vice City so doesn't it make San Andreas outdated game too? Yet it's alive and kicking and developed regularly. And yes, of course we've lost a few developers along the years, and yes probably because they've just got tired of VC-MP, but so has SA-MP. The only difference is that due to our way smaller community it's not so easy to recruit new developers to continue the work. SA-MP never had that problem and that is also what people must understand.

Sorry if you found my post somehow offensive but like [AoD]NC brought up the comparison with Counter Strike things really are not always that obvious.

Well sure, people can play whatever makes them happy. I'm just saying looking at this realistically, it doesn't like like the people in charge actually care about releasing another version... So VCMP probably doesn't have any long-term future.

Offline YaceQ

• Wiseguy
  • DnA4Life!
    • View Profile
    • DnA
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 01:29:52 am »
So VCMP probably doesn't have any long-term future.
People keep saying this for years. We had prophets who predicted worse future for VC-MP. And this game is still in a good condition. In the same condition as year, two or three ago and I don't think it's going to change. We have still new players who don't look when last version was released. They just download it and play, some of them enjoys VC-MP and stays longer and some not. We also have old players who came back to VC-MP, without 0.4 released. Just few players who got interested in VC-MP starts to complain about lack of 0.4. And of course they're right! I'd like 0.4 to be released too, who wouldn't? But these complaints don't make VC-MP less popular and don't discourage players from playing this game, coming back after months/years.
So don't worry about VC-MP, I hope it'll stay in the same condition for years as it is now ;) 

Offline Hanney

• Made Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 03:38:41 am »
(Below what I'm writing is just my opinions, experiences and thoughts, none of it should be taken as facts)

I have been playing vc-mp since the first public betas 0.1a and 0.1b (I believe) since 2005. Later 0.1d was released where I've been hooked ever since. I've came and went multiple times over the years taking breaks for a month or so but have always came back  to play. I do have other newer more recent games I can also play but I still enjoy playing vc-mp quite often. Over the years many people I have known and consider friends have came and gone but I'm still here. I even first met my girlfriend on vc-mp on a server whom I later met up with in real life and we have been together for over a year now so vc-mp is really important and special for me in that regard too.

In my personal opinion, player count is certainly growing more and more than it was years ago from what I remember. However, that's not to say that it's any better. Back around 2005-2008 there was much LESS players from what I remember and a large portion of those players were from European countries such as UK, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Russia, Italy, Netherlands and Germany. There was also a fair portion of players from North America/Canada, aswell as West and East Asia country's e.g India, China and Vietnam.

As the years have went on the amount of players from European countries has dropped quite a huge amount. That's not to say that there is no longer any European players playing. The amount has just dropped. The older generation players from Europe and NA began to leave after years for various reasons such as growing older and life calling, migrating to other games (League of Legends/SA-MP are quite fine examples of this) or simply boredom.

As the amount of European/NA players began to decrease a large wave of players have flooded vc-mp from other countries. I would say a large bulk of these players are from Central and South America such as Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Dominican Republic and Chile. The other increase comes from Pakistan. I've seen a large increase in players from this country too. As for Europe I always see quite a lot of Hungarian and Romanian players.

The most common countries I see is Brazil and Argentina. I would say these are the 2 most common countries I see players connecting from on a server. Some players from these countries visit vc-mp for a day and leave. Others play longer and stay for quite a period of time. However, my main issue with this is that more often than not have I saw how many of these players from South American countries behave and many players on vc-mp in general.(on Littlewhiteys atleast). Often they are within the age group of 12-15, they spam the chatbox repeating the same sentence over and over again, they type in huge capital letters, they are constantly shouting abuse at players when they are killed. More often than not I am also seeing more frequently players from these countries playing with really old PC's with their game running at less than <15 fps lagging badly ingame. Some of them I can actually even run faster than them on foot when they are in a vehicle due to their frame rate being so bad. I mean, geez oh people are worrying about reaching 60 fps now a days on modern gaming and VC is limited to 30 and people still can't reach it even though it was released back in 2003.

Why do I think that a majority of these players are from South America? Due to third world poverty. I think these players simply are just looking for something to play which is fun and is suitable for their 10 year old poverty PC's and they are severely limited in options. I've heard from a few people in the past on vc-mp that the government in these countries in this part of the world is corrupt and the people aren't too wealthy financially so they can't afford to buy the latest hardware to play the latest PC games therefore migrating is difficult where as people from countries in Europe may have more opportunities due to less problems in the countries. I'm not saying this applies to every player in South America because that would obviously be ridiculous but quite often that is the case I believe.

I think that's the status quo and it won't change anytime soon. As time goes on more and more low end PC laggers and kiddies are going to invade the vc-mp community. Even more so annoying is that the most popular servers which always have the highest player count are mainly located in Europe yet the majority of the player base is in totally different continents meaning they all have high pings and there trying to play against each other which doesn't give a very good impression of the sync for players. Why is there no popular server located in South America or North America at least? Is the infrastructure in South America too poor to provide such services?

As for developers, Falcon has a family to look after if I recall. Bakasan i'm not sure I think he's currently got a job or was touring or something I heard. Maxorator, last I heard was starting a term of University and any spare time he's had I think has been applied to working on his vehicle loader mod. Static and Y_Less I have no idea I haven't seen much of them in vc-mp as much as the others developers.

If vc-mp 0.4 is ever finally released and everyone's playing then yeah ofcourse i'll be glad but if it's not i'm not too bothered I've had my fun out of vc-mp and I still am currently having fun. I only wish that someone would release some kind of solution for the snipers and rocket launchers unscoping *wink* *wink*  ;)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:57:58 am by Hanney »
<@AdTec_224> so where is this 0.4 source code?
<SFi7z> http://i.imgur.com/NuyRc.jpg
<@AdTec_224> and that is just a picture of the 0.4 chatbox ><
<SFi7z> yes
<@AdTec_224> which can be taken from anywhere
<SFi7z> haha

Offline stormeus

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 04:07:45 am »
Even more so annoying is that the most popular servers which always have the highest player count are mainly located in Europe yet the majority of the player base is in totally different continents meaning they all have high pings and there trying to play against each other which doesn't give a very good impression of the sync for players. Why is there no popular server located in South America or North America at least? Is the infrastructure in South America too poor to provide such services?

That reminds me,

Suggestion for 0.4 Server Browser
Auto-Join Game
Epic feature that selects a server automatically for players by choosing a game with a decent amount of players while maintaining a low ping.

Offline Glock22

• Wiseguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 09:55:22 am »
So VCMP probably doesn't have any long-term future.
People keep saying this for years. We had prophets who predicted worse future for VC-MP. And this game is still in a good condition. In the same condition as year, two or three ago and I don't think it's going to change. We have still new players who don't look when last version was released. They just download it and play, some of them enjoys VC-MP and stays longer and some not. We also have old players who came back to VC-MP, without 0.4 released. Just few players who got interested in VC-MP starts to complain about lack of 0.4. And of course they're right! I'd like 0.4 to be released too, who wouldn't? But these complaints don't make VC-MP less popular and don't discourage players from playing this game, coming back after months/years.
So don't worry about VC-MP, I hope it'll stay in the same condition for years as it is now ;)
Yeah I guess that's right, but with it being 2013 who actually joins VCMP from England or America? The only people I can think of are people in South America and Eastern Europe with extremely shit computers who can't even play SAMP.